Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(2012 Winter Coronation) The Coronation

Page 3 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
    A
    Aaro

Trent arrives in the throne room, taking stock of the Fae-touched assembled presently. The sight of a few familiar faces calms Trent, and the dwarf is able to saunter over to the food without tripping over his feet.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-24 18:20:47 Trent rolls 6 to not trip (10 Again) 6, 3, 8, 3, 9, 8 3 successes

Trent scoops as much onto his plate as possible. Upon slowly looking up at the Giant bouncer, Trent freezes a bit -mid-bite. Looking over at the matronly host he calms slightly, smiling bashfully at the sweet-looking Gristlegrinder. I wish I wasn't so awful in social situations... thought Trent. Noticing L'aire from the park, he waves excitedly with a broad grin on his face. Shoveling food into his mouth, he tells the massive bouncer and the elder Ogre that: "This fruitcake is fucking ungodly!" through a mouthful of food.

S
    Shin Wei

Meeting a few of the city's Lost was one thing, but attending an official gathering wherein a new Monarch would be crowned was another thing altogether. Shin had agonized over the event for days, wondering what would be required of him, and whether or not he could get through the evening without losing face.

As a result, he might have overdressed. He'd gone to the trouble of renting a suit for the occasion and had gotten a fine navy blue vest to go with it in order to honor the new monarch. But, as a rental, the suit fit oddly and the engraved swirls of stone down his back didn't help matters. He stuck a finger in his collar, trying to loosen it, then gave his outfit a final smooth-down before he entered the hotel.

He nodded to the large, toothy Beast guarding the door and then sought a place to stand that was out of the way, preferring to loom rather than make awkward small-talk. He picked out several familiar faces in the crowd - Rook, Perry, and Pumpkin, for starters - and he nodded to them in greeting.

Ion skipped the Autumn Coronation intentionally, and held every intention to skip the Winter Coronation, but found herself in the midst of the changing of the seasons. Ion did not have a problem with Freehold or the people within it, but she knew she was broken. Her anger ran fierce, building up furiously and unleashing in a blinding, destructive flash. It took most of her strength holding it through the nine to five, so she had a place to lay her head. When that was said and done it left her with little patience in the aftermath.

Ion's formal-wear for the evening consisted of a white tank-top and sweats. She headed into the Four Seasons with a brief nod to the doormen, and headed straight for a quiet corner. Her apprehension for coming was muted by her respect for people within the Summer Court. They wanted more out of her and she was going to give it a fair go.

I have to do this for the King and the Rook...

Be a good pawn...

Be a good pawn...

S
    Spartan

Spartan turns to see the Lawyer, "Perry." Spartan says in a gruff tone. "I am not dead." Spartan's way of giving an answer. Spartan noticed those who arrived, it is good to see that Ion decided to make an appearance. One step at a time...

E
    Ecalsneerg

So many faces that were familiar, as well as some new as she saw Vincent had made his way here…and unfamiliar as she spotted Tom Gubben. As she moved toward the Ogre, a wintry chill filled the air around her. The Troll didn’t seem menacing, and considering they were in a place of welcome she decided to do her part. A rhythmic step as she came unto the Autumn and felt the breeze of his Mantle, the Winter Dancer smiled softly. “Happy Holidays.” Holding out her graceful hand toward him. “I’m L’aire.” With a chilled breath to the newcomer.
    Tom took a deep breath as the beautiful elven woman approached him. Not sure I'm going to get used to all these Fair maidens running around... He subconsciously found himself trying to stand straighter and puff his chest out slightly. "Happy holidays," he grinned in his characteristic lop-sided manner. "Tom Gubben," he continued, shaking hands. "If I may say so, you've a very beaut'ful name... for a Winter." His grin widened.

Stephen took a small detour, keeping out of arms reach of the massive lizard man standing watch at the door. Not that he was expecting to cause trouble or be in trouble. He just didn't want to come close with his rather fragile body to somebody who looked as if he could crush him without to much effort or any concious control anyway. And accidents happenend.

What Stephen did notice however was the guide who helped him find the throne room. Seeing as he was the most person that was the least intimidating he could identify as working for the four seasons. So before he decided to go and mingle with the other changelings he approached the man. Jag
    "Sir." The wizened spoke up. "Do you have an idea of where a certian Mr. bates might be? I wish to talk to him about lodging and maybe some kind of employment to cover the expenses. Some other residents of the hotel pointed this estabishment out to me." It was quite obvious the fragile looking wizened before him meant the other changelings with his comment about residents. Seeing as he was at the winter court and a changeling himself. A new face to.

A little smirk formed on the corner of the Chatelaine's lips as he was approached by the other Wizened. "You are speaking to him," he said in response, using his usual polite tone to address the man in front of him. "I am Mr. Bates, Ashen Notary of the Autumn Court, and the manager of this fine establishment." With those words, he extended a hand out to the man in greeting. "I'm assuming you are a recent arrival and were directed here by others you have met. May I ask your name sir?"

L
    LadyVictris

John enters the room wearing the grey shirt he'd started to keep aside for formal occasions, with a black tie as a nod to the new season's heraldry. My first Autumn in Sacramento, gone already. At least it seemed to go well for Terri, without too much trouble.
    The Darkling was a little sad to see his season pass, but to hang on any longer would be to disrupt the natural order of things. Besides, he couldn't wait to see the throne room's change, as Winter was the only season he had not yet experienced in Sacramento.

He makes his way to the buffet table, and fills a mug with hot chocolate before filling a plate. The fruit cake puzzles him slightly, and he studies the odd colours carefully before taking a piece.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-26 09:45:32 John Lapsley rolls 5 to Recognise Fruit (10 Again) 10, 2, 7, 3, 5, 7 1 success
    Ah, right, dream-a-dupe. Wonder if they're in there instead of, or as well as, the brandy? Given it's Mrs Rosemary, it'll likely be excellent either way.

Food acquired, John casts around for someone to speak to; he always tries to use these events as a way to network a little. Someone he hadn't spoken to previously would be best, and conveniently, there are several faces he has never seen before present. After a little deliberation, he selects the large Earthbones trying to keep out of the way. He weaves through the crowd and approaches Shin Wei, deftly balancing his mug on his plate so that he had one hand free to shake with.

"Good evening, I don't think we've met before? John Lapsley, of Autumn." The Whisperwisp holds out a grey hand to the taller man.

Shin Wei , Allie

A smile lit up the bearded wizened's face as the man introduced himself as the man he was looking for. "yes you are completely right about that Mr. bates, I'm stephen Tock one of the courtless." he introduced himself. Out of politeness adding his own court standing in with the introduction. Seeing as Mr. Bates had done the same.
    "So do you think we can discuss this now, or would you rather wait till after the coronation?"

S
    Selena

Tom and L'aire continue here

Page 3 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread