Ended
Watch

Back with an Offer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Spartan

Spartan made his way back to Old Scratch's tent. He had an idea, or at least an offer to make to the Knight Bannerate of the Tolltaker Knighthood. As Spartan walked through the fleshmarket he felt dirty, he felt angry, he felt as if this place needed to burn to the ground...

A time and a place Spartan. The big idiot said to himself.

"Scratch?" Spartan said as he entered the Tent.

As the hoplite King entered the tent, he quickly spotted Old Scratch discussing something with another Lost. It was clearly a Beast, and one of a powerful Summer Mantle. She had a small resemblance to a former Summer King, probably due to her feline features. There was a map stretched across the Knight Banneret's table. Both of them looked up as Spartan spoke the old Ogre's name. The cat woman's predatory eyes fixated on the Bloodbrute.

"Spartan," said the Cyclopean in response. "This is Tara, a fellow Knight." He said as he gestured to the woman. "We were just discussing a job." The one-eyed Ogre paused for a moment before asking, "what can I do for you?"

Tara - Summer Mantle 4 - Presence 4 (Feral) - Striking Looks 2 (Feline Charm)

S
    Spartan

Spartan gives the cat woman a terse nod and looks back to the Old Man, "The Freehold has an offer, when you are free to discuss it." The big idiot states and leans against the wall, crossing his arms in front of him.

It was not until his business was stated that he took notice of the feral woman infront of him. She slightly reminded him of another from some time ago. But this one was far more dangerous looking and impressive. The other one looked like... a toy.

The old Ogre's one good eye widened slightly at Spartan's words. "Ahh, that is great news," he said as he clapped his hands together. "Well, let's hear it then." With his one eye focused on the Bloodbrute, Old Scratch awaited to hear what the offer was.

Meanwhile, the cat woman returned the hoplite's nod with one of her own. Her feline eyes followed his every movement, like those of an animal that is used to stalk prey. A glint of curiosity became apparent at the mention of an offer, and it was clear that she was in fact interested in hearing about said offer as well.

S
    Spartan

"The Freehold has three very talanted crafters of Hedgespun. Either Rainments or weapons. We offer the Knighthood a powerful piece of Hedgespun, of your requested design, for the contract we discussed." Spartan did not know if this would be sufficiant but he had never been the recruiter, only the recruitee.

The old Cyclopean listened to the hoplite's offer, considering it for a moment before speaking on the matter. "Hedgespun weapons and armor are always a nice addition to a Knight's armory," he said, perhaps thinking out loud for a bit. "But a single piece of Hedgespun? I don't think it is appropriate payment for what you are asking of us Spartan." The Ogre frowned slightly as he began to scratch his beard as if he were in deep thought.

In that moment of silence, the feline Beast finally spoke up. Perhaps her curiosity had gotten the best of her by now. "If you don't mind me asking," she said, in what some would consider a deep sensual voice. "What is it that you are asking of the Knighthood?" Her eyes met Spartan's as she asked the question, which in her mind was certainly a valid one...considering she was a Knight herself.

S
    Spartan

"I don't think you are fully aware of the calibre of work that these artisans can do. A powerful piece of hedgespun could be the difference in the Knighthood's armory. But if you have another idea?" Spartan hated negotiating, cause he sucked at it. Its why he didn't argue, he just hit things.

Turning to the Cat Lady, "My Freehold has a suspected True Fae in its midst. I want the Knighthood's assistance in removing that threat."

The woman's eyes narrowed slightly at the hoplite's answer. "That is quite the task," she said, falling back to silence since it was up to the Knight Banneret to handle these negotiations.

Old Scratch finally stopped scratching his beard, looking up at Spartan once more. "This could end up being a suicide mission if those suspicions are true," he said to Sacramento's Summer King. "I think that one piece of Hedgespun per Knight that comes to your Freehold's aid would be fair. I've got six that report to me, including Tara but not yourself." The old Cyclopean paused for a moment, letting his words sink in.

"If you can agree to that, then we have a deal."

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-24 13:02:20 Old Scratch rolls 11 to Manipulation+Persuasion+Spec+Mantle+1 (I'm the Knight Banneret!) (10 Again) 10, 8, 6, 4, 5, 6, 1, 5, 5, 5, 4, 5 2 successes

Steven , if you like, you may contest his attempt by rolling Wits+Resolve+Mantle (applicable in this case)

S
    Spartan

Unmoved
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-25 07:45:15 Spartan rolls 11 to Wits+Resolve+Mantle (10 Again) 4, 2, 9, 10, 1, 10, 8, 2, 1, 5, 8, 3, 7 5 successes

Spartan is unmoved by the words of the Knight Banneret. But, Spartan does understand the plight of the one eyed man. He understands what it is like to loose people, to sacrifice people, to watch people die because of your orders, or their duty, right or wrong.

Spartan knew, that no warrior was worth their armor, their weapons. Many military commanders loose sight of that. Spartan would not. "Make me a list, I will see what I can do. It may not be 6 but we will do our best."

Just because he is not interested, doesn't mean he cannot see sense

"Alright," said the one-eyed Ogre, fetching a fountain pen from his desk and writing down a few things on a small parchment. Once he was done, he handed the list to Spartan.

List

"If your people can manage it," said Old Scratch after a moment's pause. "I could always use a new eyepatch." The Cyclopean gave the Bloodbrute a toothy grin as he said those last words.

The feline Beast observed as the deal with struck between the pair of Ogres. After Old Scratch said his peace and handed Spartan the list of items, she spoke to the Summer King once more. "I look forward to sharing the same battlefield in the future," she said to him in her deep voice. "And bring death to your enemies." She gave him a simple nod after those last words, her feral eyes meeting the hoplite's for a moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.