Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Auspicious News (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

PRE

Tracy sat in a chair in the Chapter House's library, perusing through the pages of the old tome that detailed the Order's history. It wasn't the first time she had picked up the book, but the Gangrel liked to review things of importance on a regular basis. It was her own way of dealing with her Clan's weakness, and she was in no way ashamed of it. If anything, she thought that Dillon Connery would be proud of the steps she took to mitigate that inherent flaw that came to the Savages.

She had slipped a note under the door of the Grand Wyrm's chambers, hoping that Max Heinz would read it and come meet her in the library. The redheaded Gangrel had already told him that she had good news to share with him, but with their busy schedules, she hadn't had the chance to really share those news with him yet. Tonight, she hoped to rectify that, and perhaps celebrate her recent success with the thin Mekhet.

*Max had been busily at work going over notes for th upcoming debate when he hears footsteps coming up the third st`ry stairs. He maintained his private study here; surrounded by!some of the souvenir he had collected over the years.

On the wall, a shadowbox filled with [URL="http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?3744-Walk-like-an-Egyptian"]little shards of pottery[/dRL]. On another, in another shadow box, an [URL="http://nwod.oŪg/forum/showthread.php?4058-Time-for-a-Change-(After-quot-Amber-Hills-quot-Before-quot-Little-Black-Dress)"]obsidian dagger[/URL]; it's handle wrapped in hemp rope. In one corner stands an [URL="http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=13602761"]old radio and record player[/URL]; with a stack of jalz records leaning lop-sidedly against it. On the wall, just abfve his desk, a poster for the [URL="http://www.paratime.ca/dclegends/pics/dcl/1939WorldsFair.jpg"]1939 World's Fair[/URL]. And on his desk itself, an [URL="http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?17831-Meeting-at-Uni"]ancient-looking helmet[/URL].

He looks up from his papers, wondering what Tracy needed from him. He knew she was downstairs, continuing her studies; and he didn't dare interrupt her in her work. So it is with some surprise when he sees a slip of paper appear under his door, and amused smile parting Max's lips as he sets the papers aside for the moment and walks over to retrieve the missive.

He reaches down and takes it, reading it quickly before stuffing it in a pocket. He opens his door and calls down the stairway, hoping he was in time for Tracy to hear him.*

[COLOR="#B22222"]You know, you [I]could[/I] have just knocked...[/COLOR] *He teases her playfully, the amusement obvious in his voice.*

PRE

Tracy stopped as she heard the door open, and Max's voice that followed. She turned around and walked back over towards his office, a smile on her lips. "Yes, I could've," she said in response to his words. "But what would be the fun in that?" She teased him back a bit, giving him a playful little wink. "Also, passing notes totally help this whole student-teacher fantasy thing I've got going on," added the redheaded Gangrel, a devilish grin forming on her lips as her emerald green eyes fixated fiercely on the thin Mekhet.

She remained silent for a moment, not breaking eye contact with him. After a few seconds, she bursted out laughing. "Ok, I was just messing with you Max," said Tracy, giving him another wink. "Joking aside, I wanted to share some good news with you." Her lips assumed a pleasant smile, her expression becoming slightly more serious as she said those last words.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max waits patiently for Tracy to come back, his arms folding across his chest and slight smirk forming on his lips. If nothing else, he enjoyed the time he spent with Tracy for the playful banter between them. But when she makes the remark about the fantasy, his smirk slips just a little; and he can't seem to fid words to answer her before she begins to laugh.* You're going to get me in trouble one of these nights... *He says with a soft shaking of the head, thankful she dismisses the topic quickly. He didn't trust himself to give it too much thought at the moment.

Thankfully, she changes topics; Max nodding his head as she grows a little more serious.* I remember you saying something about that at Court, but we never got around to discussing it... *Max had found that he was often pleasantly sidetracked from things he should be doing when the petite Gangrel was around. Not that he was complaining, of course.*

Come in, we can discuss it now. Anything to distract me from this debate... *He says softly, stepping out of the door frame and giving Tracy room to enter the bedroom/office.*

PRE

Tracy nodded in response to his words. "Court is usually not the optimal place for having a private chat," she said to him as he invited her to come inside. "There are usually too many distractions." The petite Gangrel gave Max a little curtsy on her way in, snickering softly after the gesture.

"Thanks, and don't worry so much about the debate," she said to the slim Mekhet, offering him a confident smile. "I'm sure you will do great!" Her smile widened a little with those words, as a thought crossed her mind.

And by great, I mean wipe the floor with all those silly neonates...and that Velma bitch too.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Ahh yes, the never ending duties of a Deputy... *Max answers with a laugh, remembering his time in the service of the Domain. He can only shake his head at the curtsy.* Get in here... *Taking a half-hearted swipe at Tracy's rear end as she comes in. It misses, but was close enough for her to feel his fingertips brush her backside.

Once they were both inside the room, he closes the door; returning the smile.* Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have a feeling it will come down to me and my Family's Priscus. Though, Ms Star might be able to charm her way into the mix...

*Max knew about the Prince's taste in beautiful women, and Velma had seemed to ingratiate herself with some of the other Court officials.* But, we'll see where the pieces fall once the game begins. *He shrugs slightly, dismissing the matter for now. They had other things to talk about.*

Now, what's the good news you've got to tell me, hmm?

PRE

Tracy let out a giggle as she skipped once as she felt his fingers, landing inside the Mekhet's office. Looking over her shoulder, she gave him a quick wink. "Getting a little frisky, aren't we?" she said to him, a devious smirk on her lips.

"I haven't really spoken much with your Pricus," she said to Max, giving him a little shrug. "But considering how he managed to piss off the entirety of my Clan at one point, I'd certainly place my bets on you." She gave him a little wink and then let out a soft chuckle.

However, her expression changed when Velma Star was brought up. A frown formed on her brow, and the Beast inside let out an angry snarl for a moment. Taking a moment to keep her composure, the redheaded Gangrel finally shook her head. "It takes more than just charm to win a debate," she said to the Shadow in an assertive tone. "Besides, you've got enough charm of your own."

As Max pushed aside the topic of the debate, Tracy didn't protest. She didn't really want to think about that Succubitch any longer than she had to, unless it was to come up with ways to take her down once and for all. Be patient, you've got eternity for that, she thought to herself. Offering him a wide smile, the petite Gangrel finally spoke up about the news she had been keeping to herself.

"I was successful," she said to him. "I managed to undergo my first Chrysalis, an emerge a more improved being because of it!" There were obvious hints of excitement in the Gangrel's voice as she revealed this to the thin Mekhet. Her emerald green eyes looked deeply into his, awaiting for his answer.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max shrugs playfully at Tracy's remark. "Well, it's your fault. You're the one that put the mental image of you dressed up in pigtails and a plaid skirt in my head..." He teases right back.

"Yes well, let's just say our Priscus was picked more for name recognition than social graces. Besides, we Mekhet tend to be a self-governing sort; I doubt he's had to do much clerical work since taking over the position..." He was a little surprised when Tracy's expression changes; Max giving her time to compose herself before speaking again.

"That's kind of you to say, but I don't think I posses the same sort of... charm she does. We'll have to wait and see which brain the judges are thinking with when the time comes." He pauses for a moment, wondering if he should broach a subject that obviously was not a pleasant one with the Deputy. He decides it's best to discuss Velma with Tracy later.

When Tracy finally lets the cat out of the bag, Max was only a little surprised. He had thought the other Dragon might want him there to help; but she was also a woman possessed of a strong independent streak. He had figured the odds at 50-50 either way. He breaks into a knowing grin, and starts to make a move towards her, but he stops herself.

What would be the proper way to congratulate her? A hug? A handshake? In the end, Max just nods his head, but the smile stays on his lips. "Well, it's about time..." He says in a playful tone. "In all serious though, congratulations Tracy. I'm proud of the progress you've made these last few months. You've taken the first step on a long, difficult, but ultimately, rewarding path..."

He pauses for a moment, thinking over how to break his own news. "I suppose that makes a grand total of two new titles we'll be introducing at the next Covenant Meeting..."

PRE

Tracy listened to his words in regards to Wooding and Velma, nodding along as Max spoke. She figured she could give the Mekhet Priscus a shot, since he had apologized to Dillon and a few others for his faux pas. Besides, from what she could recall he wasn't all that bad...but they had only spoken briefly once or twice. However, the Succubitch she could not stand, and if she ever got the chance, she'd put that whore in a box...for a very long time. Not wishing to really say much on the subject of either individual, the petite Gangrel kept her mouth shut until she delivered the good news to Max.

"Thank you," she said in response to the Mekhet's congratulations, offering him a coy smile. "I owe a lot of my success to your tutelage of course! I don't think I would've reached the same results without your guidance." And failure during such an attempt would've been disastrous, so the redheaded Savage was sincerely grateful for what he had taught her.

At Max's next words, Tracy's emerald eyes widen with excitement. "Well, congratulations to you as well Max!" she called out with much enthusiasm in her voice, leaning in and kissing him softly on the cheek. As she pulled back, her eyes met Max's for a moment, a devious intention clearly in them. "A plaid skirt and piggy tails, huh?" she said, a devilish smirk growing on her luscious lips. "Maybe you do deserve that as a reward for your own success..."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max can only shrug slightly at Tracy's words. "You give me too much credit, and yourself too little. All I did was point you on the right path, you're the one that walked it and made the leap of faith to achieve your first Chrysalis. I just... gave you a little helpful prodding along the way..." He gives the female Gangrel a playful wink.

He smiled at the gentle kiss. "We'll have to make an announcement at the next Covenant Meeting. Perhaps it will inspire the others to advance their own... research..." His words trail off as he catches the look in her eye, his smile turning playful to her devilish smirk.

"I deserve a reward? I thought it was your fantasy..." He teased back, taking a step forward and wrapping his arms around the petite Gangrel's waist; pulling her to him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread