Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker touched Kite's forearm for a moment and then spoke to the group. "Thank you and excuse us. I wish you all luck..." She turned to follow after Leo.

"A bit tactless, but effective." She says softly to Leo.

"Where to now?"
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Now we head for the Javalounge. We need to get this glass to Toren and check if he had any success on scrying with the blood. If not, we give him the glass and hope that Halo found something more fruitful. Anybody see a cab? We should hurry this along." Leo looked up and down the street as he walked.

He couldn't help but ponder the validity of this abduction. A crime was staged at that very spot last year, and the CYS's presence and explanations didn't help him take this any more seriously. He continued forward as if this were a legitimate crime, but there was hope that this was just some elaborate ruse where the damsel in distress was just waiting with a latte and a some prize at a nice restaurant. Not likely, but still something to hope for.
    Key DaveJ

“If I am correct, I think whoever did this just made a serious error…” Kite cast a near-inscrutable look towards Weavebreaker and Leo. “But we’ll need to learn a little more about this CYS to be certain.”

Kite nervously looked around him, looking for… something. Eventually, he turned back to his companions. “I’d rather not talk until we got back to the coffee shop. I’ll explain my line of reasoning more fully once we arrive there...”

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"What exactly do we need to check into with CYS?" Weavebreaker reaches into her pocket and pulls out her phone. "Smart phone...We can check into it while we walk..." She hit the power button on her phone, unlocked it, and opened up the browser as she walked along with the other two. She was frustrated at the feeling of helplessness, but knew there was no choice, save to keep pressing forward.

Weavebreaker typed California Young Sleuth and tried to see what turned up...

Maybe I can find what Kite is looking for on their home site...

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo silently kept walking. Kite wasn't taking questions, a reasonable proposal concidering they were in public, and Weavebreaker was looking into the CYS. Though he wracked his brain he couldn't think of anything else to do until they got the glass back to Toren. Hopefully Halo found something new regarding the contacts in the phone, or Toren found something with his scrying attempts.

The three mages return to the Javalounge after a short walk, the Barista doesn’t even seem to notice. He sees things like this every day.

But when the three go to the table that they had left Halo and his computer at, they notice that it is clean, and the Guardian is gone.

The CYS site displays a changing banner that cycles through a sign up link, perks of membership, Sleuth Sacramento, and up coming events. In all the pictures there are elementary through college student images, all with smiles or puzzling expressions on their faces.

If you open the “Sleuth Sacramento” page you will see a list of hotels’ prices and a short spoiler list of locations. And a short “teaser blurb:”

QuoteQuote:
    Gang violence has increased, and with the Holidays nearing someone has been gift wrapping gang members to the chief of police. But when other bodies start showing up gift wrapped, who is the serial killer?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Gang violence has increased, and with the Holidays nearing someone has been gift wrapping gang members to the chief of police. But when other bodies start showing up gift wrapped, who is the serial killer?..." Weavebreaker read aloud as they headed into the Javalounge.

Seeing the empty table, she could not help but sigh. "Any way to get into contact with em?"

Weavebreaker sat down at the vacant, clean table. She ran back through all the information they have gained and tried to make sense of it all.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo sat at the table opposite Weavebreaker, leaving room for Kite should he decide to sit. "Yeah. Halo gave me his number at the field day." He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, but paused before dialing. Though they had found the glass, the CYS was a new variable that Leo hadn't really made heads or tales of yet. He figured he should see if the others had any strong feelings regarding the group before mentioning it to Halo and Toren.

"Before we call them I'd like to discuss the CYS real quick. Specifically, do you think they play a part in this, and to what extent? I think they may be worth investigating, but they aren't as immediately relevant as the glass from the vehicle. Would you two prefer to press forward with the glass or take a little longer to explore the CYS? If you want to look into the group, I'll give you my number and take the glass to the others." Leo looks down at his phone for a sec, then looks back to the group awaiting feedback.

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker drummed her fingers on the table for a moment. "It may be synchronicity or it could have just been random chance. I just have an inkling that the potential exists for it to be interconnected and that someone may be taking a game too far." Weavebreaker let out a drawn out sigh. "Still you are absolutely right that it is not immediately relevant and we should get a hold of Halo and figure out what he found..."

Weavebreaker glanced to Kite and shrugged. "I do not even know where we would even begin to investigate CYS for connections...So lets just go with what we can..."

Kite’s frown became noticeable when he saw the empty table. For a moment, he just stared at it, as though he were trying to will the situation away. Flustered, he momentarily fumbled his techné as he attempted to make himself and his companions blend into the scenery. Then, with a sigh, he took his seat at the table.

“The sad part is that I gave Halo my business card. I asked him to call me if he found something.” Kite shook his head, clearly disappointed, before turning to Weavebreaker. “But what you said before, that was what I was thinking. What if that organization gets called in to contaminate a crime scene and prevent a proper investigation?”

Kite stared at a moment towards Weavebreaker and Leo, before shaking his head in frustration. “I realize that there are pieces of that theory which don’t fit… but I refuse to believe that the presence of that organization - at that specific time and location - was a coincidence.” Reflexively, the slim willworker began to stare into the distance as he bit his lower lip. “… and I think I would be really interested in comparing the dates, times, and places of their field trips to missing person reports…”

After a moment, Kite turned back to his companions. “But yes. If they aren’t here, then one of them probably found something. I think we should contact them, find out what's going on, and make a decision based on that. In any event, I think the only one of us with the skills to research background information on CYS quickly and discretely is Halo... and if they found a more promising lead, I think we should follow up on that first before pursuing anything else we have." Kite shrugged. "Anyway, those are my thoughts on the matter."

Kite makes himself and his companions reasonably unnoticeable, though it takes one extra attempt:

ooc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread