Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Out and About (Private)

Leo Lockheart

PRE

spells and stuff

Leo Lockheart walked down the street towards the store as just another face in the crowd, and he wouldn't have it any other way. He always kept a low profile to avoid all the Banishers, and Seers, and God only knows what else from picking him out to roast. Sure, the easiest way to keep a low profile is to just stay home, but what twenty year old is going with a plan that dull?

Leo found himself wandering the streets of Sacramento, as he frequently did in other cities before, with his head down and his mouth shut. The only time he looked up was to watch where he was going and to glance at the faces of the people as he passed them by. It was his plan to learn all he could about his latest home, and he would succeed. It was just a matter of patience and time. Now if only he knew an Acanthus to speed the process up.

After several hours of wandering through the streets Leo found himself at the door of a book store called Written in Water. He entered the store and browsed the shelves for a while before noticing a familiar face. Leo saw him briefly at the boxing match during the Arrow Field Day. It only took a few seconds to connect the face to the name Gallows . Leo offered a smile and a wave as he slowly approuched the other man. "Hey."

PRE

There was a certain zen in going to the Written in Water without making any plans first. It would not surprise Gallows at all if he learned that there were some high level Fate weavings laid over the place, drawing mages in. He just knew that when he went there, he tended to meet interesting people. Then again, that might just be a quality of good bookstores in general.

He was surprised by the man approaching him for a second--he hadn't given the low-key guy a second glance. It was only after he waved that he placed the face. "Hey," he said in response, turning away from the shelf he had been browsing. "The Circle, right? I don't remember if we were properly introduced. People call me Gallows."

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Leo Lockheart. Arrow from the east coast. I think we only saw each other for a moment before the boxing matches started and Avalon nearly knocked me out." He seemed slightly amused as he flashed back to the Heirarch's final punch. She could definitely handle herself.

PRE

ooc

Gallows chuckled. "Yeah, I had a similar experience." He shook his head. "I did not see her being that skilled...then again, I think she might have been using a few tools that I did not have at my disposal." He still wasn't sure exactly what, if any, magic the Heirarch had used during their match, but there wasn't any rule against it. "How are you finding the city?"

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"I think she got lucky, if you catch my drift. She definitely wasn't sticking to just her physical abilities." He had no proof for his accusations, but nonetheless thought that she had to have something to fight that well. As an Arrow, Leo was no slouch in the combat department, so he thought something had to have been awry even if he didn't sense anything.

"The city has been alright so far. No one is trying to arrest or murder me yet, and that's always a plus." He spoke calmly with a brief shrug at the end. "There were a few other developements, but this isn't the best place to talk about those types of situations. Is there somewhere more private we could talk?" He finished with a shrug as he started looking around.

PRE

Gallows chuckled. He was glad it wasn't just him who had his suspicions about the Heirarch. Not that it made his defeat any less legitimate, of course--but it was still good to know. He would have to start going to the gym more if he meant to keep boxing with Arrows.

"We could check if there's a private room available," Gallows said, curious as to what else Leo might want to discuss. "Or we could head back to my place, if you like. Lots of space there." That was the truth...since Animus and Kite had moved in, and they had purchased the rest of the building, they had more space than Gallows had any earthly idea of what to do with.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"No harm in a quick relocation, especially for the sake of privacy." Leo gestured for Gallows to lead the way. He had a few questions and about Sacramento that he had ben pondering since arriving in town, and Gallows seemed to be established in the city at the Field Day. With any luck he could answer a question or two to bring Leo a bit of clarity.

Gallows

OOC

Closed Thread