Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Soldier to Seeker? Perhaps...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    S
    Sally Romanov

Faithkeeper stood outside of the Gypy's and waited for Brett Powers. This newcomer, this untested youngster. In actuallity the Ritemistress of the Shadow Seekers had no idea of Brett was younger then her or older then her. But she knew he was his senior in what matters. And that is why this day had come. He wanted to join what was hers. He wanted to become a part of her family. The Faithkeeper would test this one. She would be respectful, honorable, and fair... but she would not tolerate someone who would put her family at risk. She loved them too much for that.

C
    C_Lloyd

Brett took his leave of Gypsy's shortly after Faithkeeper, curious about what test the Beta of the Shadow Seekers had in store for him. This was the first true opportunity he has had to join a pack, and would be the first test of his prowess since leaving the middle east. Not only that, but to join a pack is a Rite of Passage that all Uratha who wish to retain their harmony must pass. If he could not do so, he would not be fit to bear the blessings that Luna bestowed upon him.

"I'm ready, Ma'am." Brett nodded respectfully towards the Ithaeur, careful not to keep his eyes on her. She was not only pretty, but she somehow caused Brett to feel exposed when around her. It was less obvious in the restaurant, but one-on-one, Brett felt a sudden need to go on the defensive, as if Sally were probing every bit of his defenses.

As for being ready, it was only partially true. Brett had left the majority of his equipment stowed away in a storage unit that he rented after arriving to the airport. He had no wish to bring weapons to the Tur, so he did not bring them along for this trip. Regardless, the Bone Shadow would do his best. Perhaps operating without his tools would cause him to learn something new.

S
    Sally Romanov

"Good, come along." Sally says and beings the walk toward the Locus of the Shadow Seekers.

I hope you don't mind rolling ahead to the Locus

As they arrive at the Locus Sally feels the familiar press of the locus, with the weakness between the weave of the hisil and the mortal world. Sally looks to Brett, "Just so you are aware, our friend can be rather... disturbing, so take care." Sally smiles.

2 Rolls of Rolling rollerness
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-20 10:38:44 Sally Romanov rolls 7 to Activate Fetish (10 Again) 9, 7, 6, 2, 7, 7, 8 2 successes
    2012-12-20 10:38:23 Sally Romanov rolls 9 to Crossing the Gauntlet (Int4+Pres4+PU1) (10 Again) 7, 5, 9, 9, 4, 3, 1, 7, 4 2 successes

Once she has crossed successfully she looks around for the Spirit that protected this place for the Seekers,

<<Exquisite Agony of Drenched In Blood are you here?>>

C
    C_Lloyd

OOC

Brett silently followed the Shadow-Seeker's Beta to their Locus. He smiled slightly as he entered the Locus' area of influence, as it was always invigorating to feel the flow of essence. He nods at Sally's warning, which came off somewhat creepy considering the Ithaeur's pleasant demeanor. Not knowing what to expect, Brett opened his eyes up to the realm of death before attempting to cross over the gauntlet behind Sally.

3 suxx to cross
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-20 17:09:19 Brett Powers rolls 5 to cross the gauntlet (10 Again) 10, 7, 7, 8, 6, 9 3 successes

Exquisite Agony of Drenched in Blood. What a name.

Brett was not quite sure what to expect from this spirit, but he thought for a moment about what the Spirit's M.O. was based on it's name. It sounded obvious, but with a name that long, the spirit was bound to be powerful and have multiple purviews.

Int + Occult, 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-20 17:13:20 Brett powers rolls 5 to determine what he can tell about Exquisite Agony of Drenched in Blood [Int + Occult + Specialty] (10 Again) 1, 5, 6, 10, 10, 5, 3 2 successes

Death Sight active

K
    Kazakin

Brett gives it some thought, and realises that any Spirit with a name like that is very, very likely to be a Spirit associated with violence - perhaps a Blood Spirit, or a Torture Spirit, or some manner of unpleasant thing. He also recalls that name length has nothing to do with the potency of a Spirit, since the greatest of all Spirits bear names like 'Helios', 'Luna', 'Rock' and 'Hate'.

As the Seeker and the Soldier cross the gauntlet, they end up in the shadow of the Grave that is Agony's locus. A little giggle echoes through the air, and a little girl appears on top of the blood-splattered stone.

Exquisite Agony Drenched in Blood kicks her legs back and forth, her small shoes making pattering sounds against the inscription. Her bloodstained ringlets bounce around a cherubic face as she spots Brett.

<<Oh! You look nice!>> she says, giving a friendly smile. <<Would you mind awfully if I broke all your fingers and then tore out the nails? I think we could be friends.>>

S
    Sally Romanov

<<Hello Exquisite Agony Drenched in Blood>> Sally says turning to the spirit, showing no shock or awe at the blood drenched little girl. <<No I don't think we are looking for our bones broken today, This is>> Brett Powers. <<He and I are making the rounds, has there been any interesting activity we can look into?>> the Beta asks politely.

C
    C_Lloyd

Brett was somewhat taken aback at the spirit's appearance, and did his best not to show it. He was fairly pleased that the spirit asked permission before it tried to mutilate him - it was better than what one would get from most spirits. While he had a response to the spirit in mind, Sally's introduction somewhat alleviated the need for it. Brett was following her command, so he would not get involved in the conversation unless it was necessary.

The Bone Shadow was ever curious as to the relationship between Exquisite Agony and the Shadow Seekers were. But he would have to ask that at another time.

K
    Kazakin

Exquisite Agony Drenched in Blood giggles, and skips off the stone. Her mutilated hands spread out, droplets of blood splashing onto the grass as she claps.

<<Oh, how lovely Faithkeeper! I do like it when you come to visit me,>> she says, beaming. <<Sometimes it gets so lonely over here that I just have to crush something. >> She looks slyly disappointed. <<He isn't as pretty as your pack brothers, but I bet he'll scream louder. Does he have a voice?>> She titters, then looks vaguely serious.

<<Oh, yes. Since that awful Vengeance Forest left, it's been rather quiet. He was so droll, you know, he told the most rambling stories. Everyone died so quickly, it was barely any fun. But I heard something moving about at the edge of my sight last night, and I think something's trying to take up residence where he planted himself. It's very barren at the moment, but you know how big he was. He quite ate up the area while he was here.>>

S
    Sally Romanov

<<"Thank you Exquisite Agony Drenched in Blood.">> Sally turns to Brett, "Very well, lets go find out whats going on." As Sally leads the way off toward where Remembers Bloody Vengenance kept its home she asks, "Did Stefan tell you about Remembers Bloody Venegance?"

C
    C_Lloyd

Continuing his trend of remaining silent, Brett nodded respectfully at Exquisite Agony Drenched in Blood before heading off with Sally.

"No, he did not, " Brett replied to the Ithaeur. "He hasn't told me much of anything. I'm learning as I go, it seems like. What do I need to know about this... spirit?"

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.