Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Impulsive Decisions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Having made arrangements to free up this particular day, Kite was up and ready far earlier than he needed to be. After completing his morning regimen, he was now sitting in the kitchen, enjoying his coffee, reading the paper, and waiting for a certain Libertine. It was still a bit early as of yet, but the extremely slim willworker couldn’t help but glance towards the intercom every once in a while, slightly nervous.

Outside, the doors to the building were locked and the security system was armed; the only way to gain entrance into the building was to dial the intercom.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse adjusted his tie nervously as he watched the buildings outside of his window fly by. "You look like yous got a job interview." The taxi driver said, smirking in the front seat. "Yeah. Something like that." The acanthus replied. He would do fine. As soon as the process actually began, the lump of nervousness in his stomach would melt away. He knew this. But it was that damned apprehension right before the jump that always got him. The Thai libertine swallowed hard. He'd be glad when he was on the other side of the interview.

Finally, what seemed like eons later, the taxi slowed to a halt and Impulse got out. He left the driver with a large tip and reminded him he'd be calling him for a ride later. "Sure. Sure. Good luck to yahs!" And with that, his ride was gone.

He felt awkward in dress shoes. It had been years since he had worn any, much less a full suit. The suit was a deep navy with a royal blue shirt and striped tie. Impulse exhaled deeply one last time before giving the door a slight push. Then, after it didn't open, a slightly harder push. Confused, Impulse looked around until he found the intercom and mouthed a silent "Oh."

After smacking himself on the forehead, he pressed the button. I'm pretty sure I'm still early... He thought, wishing he had brought a watch.

Kite's voice emerges from the intercom.

"Yes?"

PRE

Though the farming apparatus that was currently sprawled across their Hallow chamber had been taking up a lot of his time, Gallows eventually glanced long enough at his watch to notice that Impulse was due to arrive soon. Brushing himself off, he made his way into their living room, joining Kite.

"Is he--" he started, but he then broke off when he saw that the Libertine was on the intercom. It looked like their candidate was here.

W
    WakingDream

In as formal a tone as he could muster, Impulse answered Kite over the intercom. "Good Morning. It's Impulse. I am here for the interview." He shifted his weight nervously.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus enters soon after, tee-shirt and jeans sure to contrast with Impulse's much more formal attire. The slightest admonishment keeps Shelly from following him. The Thyrsus might dislike fancy airs, but even he had to draw the line short of introducing an excitable puppy to the meeting.

He nods to Gallows and Kite before taking a seat. From the sound of it, he was right on time.

7. Likes Key liked this post

Kite bended over to speak into the intercom again. “I’ll be right down. Give me a minute”

After picking up his coffee, Kite turned towards Animus and Gallows. “Impulse is here. I’ll go down and bring him up to the conference room. I’m thinking that we can start with questions, and then give him a tour as well as a list of potential responsibilities while he is here – sound like a plan?”

PRE

"Sounds good to me," Gallows said. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the formality of it all. "This is a little weird--I feel like we're welcoming him up to our evil lair." He stretched out. "Still, it's nice to have the space. And if he does end up joining us, there's plenty of room for him."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus' reaction is somewhere between a chuckle and a snort. "I wish this passed for evil. Would sure make patrols easier. And yes, the plan's fine."

Kite suppressed a chuckle at Gallows's 'evil lair' comment, before he waved to both of the willworkers. "I'll pick him up now.... be right back!"

It took about a minute for Kite to take the elevator down and reach the front door. “Hi Impulse.” Kite nodded and cast a genuine smile at his fellow Libertine as he held open the door. “Thank you for coming. Please come in.”

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread