Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Impulsive Decisions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

"Do you have any questions for us?" Kite asked, bearing a curious look.

W
    WakingDream

"Well, I do have one." He clears his throat. "What was the most difficult challenge you, as a group, have overcome and how did you solve it?" He strokes his chin thoughtfully before adding, "Adding on to that, what do you see as your groups greatest strenght and weakness?" He nods at Kite, knowing he had already asked this of him. The question was posed to the others in the room.

The question seems to catch Kite by surprise, at least for a moment. He immediately begins to think, and is quiet for a long while before he finally responds. “You have to remember, this cabal is still fairly new, and the three of us haven’t had much of a chance to work on things as a team.” Kite thought a bit further. “In a diplomatic sense, if I were to characterize our greatest strength, it would be ‘renown and respect’ – Animus was well-liked as the former Hierarch, and Gallows has a lot of respect in the community. In fact, among the three of us, I almost certainly have the least amount of renown by far, as I am still... well…” the slim willworker coughed uncomfortably “well... let's just say that, although I am representative of the Free Council, some of my ‘diplomatic skills’ are still in the development process...” he grinned sheepishly.

Kite thought a bit more before speaking. “The toughest case the Catalyst faced wasn’t a diplomatic issue at all, but rather involved a willworker by the name of 'Jason'. The Catalyst members involved were Rosetta and Gallows. I was involved too, but at the time, I was only a prospective member of the cabal. Animus wasn’t involved in that incident.”

Kite looked wistful, even as his frown deepened. “Jason, in addition to being an apostate and an Awakened Master, was also a delusional serial killer. He kidnapped numerous young women, and attempted to reprogram their memories to conform to his wife, who was previously killed in a car accident. Around six or seven woman were ultimately murdered, as when the mental programming failed - and it always eventually failed - he would kill them before dumping the bodies. Eventually, it culminated in the kidnapping of Rosetta who, like all the other victims, happened to physically resemble Camille, Jason's dead wife.” Kite sighed, clearly depressed, dejectedly shaking his head as he did so. “We stopped him – Jason is dead now and we rescued Rosetta – but she took a leave of absence shortly afterwards.”

Kite looked at Impulse, Gallows, and Animus, each in turn. “Any other questions…? Comments…?”

PRE

Gallows bristled a bit at the mention of Jason, as he always did. He was trying to get past it, but thinking of the man brought back those hellish hours in which he had had no idea where Rosetta was, what was happening to her, or how to help. Plus, there was also the painful memory of Jason trying to make Gallows's brains drip out his ears. That had been unpleasant.

"I would agree," said Gallows, "That that was probably one of our most difficult challenges." He had privately been thinking about the conflict between Kite and Animus, before they had truly become a cabal, but if Kite hadn't mentioned it he wasn't going to. That was behind them now, and there was no use dragging up old wounds or showing weaknesses in front of the potential recruit. "Although I would also give some attention to the challenge of completely changing the Consilium's organization. Animus and I spearheaded that effort against significant resistance, and we're still seeing how it's going to pan out. Making it work will require a lot of effort on our part to keep different parties working together and communicating."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Thyrsus' eyes flash at mention of Rosetta's kidnapping, but he says nothing. It was a discussion for another time, not in the presence of a newcomer.

There's a brief nod to Gallows, recognizing his points. "It wasn't an easy decision, nor a painless one. But the Consilium structure had begun to calcify, and needed to be shaken loose. It's still balanced on a knife's point, but, I think, beginning to heal. Our job now is ensuring the the structure that emerges is strong enough to withstand whatever pressures may come."

Kite nodded with his two fellow Catalyst members, waiting patiently for any further questions or comments. When it was clear that neither Gallows nor Animus had anything more to ask, Kite turned back towards Impulse.

“It doesn’t look as though we have any further questions." Kite smiled. "I realize this interview was a little short, and you may not have had the chance to display or explain all of your strengths. I apologize for that." He began to shuffle in his seat as he collected his things. "Is there anything else you would like to ask, or add to a previous response?”

ooc

W
    WakingDream

Impulse stoops to grab his things and then stands. "Nothing else, no. Thank you all for your time and consideration." He says as respectfully as possible and then bows slightly, preparing to take his leave if no-one stops him.

“Ok then...” Kite got up from his chair and moved over to Impulse, offering his handshake. “Please give Gallows, Animus and I a couple days to discuss it and come to a decision. I promise, we'll contact you with a decision soon."

"I'll take you back downstairs... and again, thank you for coming in..."
    he smiled.

End Scene

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread