Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Written in Blood: Sutter General Hospital

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

This thread is continued from here

Miach

"The patient has suffered a penile gunshot wound from a low velocity weapon at close range, a handgun, leaving a definite wounding pattern and mild powder burns. Blood loss is minimal due to applied pressure to the wound but it appears the Bulbourethral artery has suffered tearing and immediate surgery is needed," explains the triage nurse to the overseeing doctor as they walk alongside the hospital stretcher.

"Well that's good news," replies the doctor casually since this was just another day at work for him. "Lucky for him he's not awake to deal with it. If he's really lucky we might even be able to save it." Despite his high-tolerance for gore, he shifted uneasily in his stride, considering the uncomfortable thought. "Well anyways, get him and the team prepped, I'll wash up for the surgery."
    OOC

B, Dark Eyes, & Idun

After Miach was carted away, the three were stuck in a monitoring room, given IVs for the blood loss and being treated for infection. A number of tests had to be run after the bandages were in place with a lot of medical staff coming in and out of the room with reassuring words for the three of them. Two police officers are posted outside the door, on guard duty until the lead officer came to take the patients' statements. It seems they've been waiting a couple hours already.

"Umm, so, you're friends of Reverb then?" asked B, breaking the silence after the last nurse left the room.

Rossi & Reverb

Rossi and Reverb stood outside of Sutter General Hospital after being released by the police and told where their companions were being taken. It's about mid-afternoon, a partially cloudy day, common for Sacramento winters.

Idun

PRE

Idun glances over to B as he asked if they were friend with the man. "Actually, I haven't had much of a chance to meet with him much." She tells the man truthfully. "He seems decent enough though."

Miach

PRE

OOC

Miach didn't know whether it was a dream or not, but in his blurry consciousness, he felt a lot of compassion for the poor guy whose bulbo-urethral artery has suffered tearing. It would be a sensitive operation... His reflexes kicked in, and he started rehearsing the steps of it in his mind before blacking out completely again.

L
    LoneRanger

So let's get in. Mr. Rossi looks at Reverb.

"Nice chat in the police office; we could have another one, perhaps in a different context."

Mr. Rossi enters in the waiting hall, looking around for other familiar(or unfamiliar) people; he goes for a drink dispenser, to get some water, perhaps for quenching his thirst.

He then moves to the help counter.
    With a gentle and friendly smile, he asks to the guy at the desk, with the smoothest mannerism he could muster.

-"Good afternoon; I am looking for the people in this morning accident. Please, could you direct me to the injuried? They... They are quite good friends "-

..Not to mention some were prominent figure of the Mysterium in the Sac area.... A detail not relevant for the matter at hand.

B
    Beej

Vincent nods his head. "Kay. You go on ahead, I gotta text his crew." he says quietly.

Stepping out of the way of foot traffic, Vincent pulls out his iphone and sends a text message to the Medstars.

Tucking his phone away, he wanders into the hospital and over snack shop area and gets a soda. He causally keeps an eye out for Rossi and any other mages he might recognize

Miach - Sutter Hospital was chosen based on its proximity to WiW by coincidence.

Miach comes, his head swimming, his eyes blurry, but at least conscious now. "Good afternoon, Dr. Blyes. Feeling better I hope? You took a nasty hit there but looks like you're pulling through swimmingly." There was an edge of anxiety in the doctor's voice as he spoke, as if the encouraging tone was forced. "Don't try to sit up just yet, you only came out of surgery a little while ago. You're in a recovery room of the surgical ward at Sutter General Hospital if you're curious, though you might recognize that yourself. You may be starting to recover from the anesthesia so I'm going to start you on painkillers right away." Miach can see a sterile hospital room about him. He's lying in a comfortable Stryker GoBed with curtain sheets pulled about for privacy.

Rossi & Reverb

A young pleasant woman rolls her chair over to where Rossi lurks about the counter. "Hello, sir. This morning's accident? Do you mean those poor gunshot victims? Well I'm sorry, sir, but they're unable to take visitors until they've been cleared by Officer Greer. Are you a relative of the patient?"

Reverb notices Rossi right away by the front desk.

Dark Eyes, Idun, & B

B addresses the two women once more. "Oh. Well fair enough. I only just met him today myself. Sorry about getting you both caught up in this. I was supposed to meet up with him for a business deal. I didn't think anything like this would happen though, otherwise I wouldn't have come out of hiding. So yeah, sorry. Umm, I'm B anyways. Just B."

Miach

PRE

Miach's eyes blinked quickly as he painstakingly adjusted to the lights of his room. After a short while, he realized someone was talking to him, and he looked his way, focusing his sight to actually see a man. It was a surgeon he had seen around at times. He smiled at the man by reflex, and started wondering which case he was talking about when he realized it was his own case ! The Acanthus then recalled what had happened at WiW, and shivered, closing his eyes in a moment's denial. Now that he mentioned it, he started feeling some pain around his groin... there was only one question on his mind now.

How's my... condition ? did he talk in the raspy voice of all men after anesthesia. There was more than a little pleading in his voice, in answer to the doctor's anxiety perhaps.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi smiles back pleasantly to the young woman, while picking his wallet to put a couple of tenner in the hospital's donation bowl.
    He nods and adds, wth a firm voice.

-"yes, a distant."-

He waits for further instruction, patiently, with a smile on the face, calm, tranquil.
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-23 02:40:46 Pre(2)+(Sub(2) rolls 7 to white lie (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 3, 8, 3, 3, 8, 2 2 successes

Kim nods along, half listening to the conversation as she watches the door, and the armed guards there. "Same for me. Barely talked to him."

"I don't think you could have predicted that public and blatant a course of action. Don't blame yourself."

Her words are calm, but her eyes show tension being held on the door. This wasn't a situation conducive to calm. Unless they offer them stronger painkillers.

Idun

PRE

"That bitch was crazy. Did you see where she shot him?" Idun says, turning the conversation elsewhere. "Hopefully, they'd be able to repair the damage."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread