Watch

House of the Rising Sun

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

>>The Animals - House of the Rising Sun<<

Now that she had asked the leave of the Grand Wyrm, there was no turning back for Aïleen. She was resolved. She knew that Change was possible, but it had never meant it would be easy, painless, or safe. But she had to move on. Way before stepping in front of the Chapterhouse of her Covenant, way before she had even decided to call, she knew it would come to this, and had prepared. And each Nightmare since had only reinforced her determination. It was time to amp up her training.

She knocked at the door, and waited, unmoving, trying to spare all of her energy for the struggle ahead.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Aileen does not have to wait long; Max had heard her approach the Chapter House door and was waiting to open it for her. He was dressed in his usual blue jeans and button-up shirt, nodding his head in greeting to his fellow Dragon.* Good evening, Slave McFarlane, please come in...

*He steps aside, allowing Aileen to come inside. Once she does, he'll close the door and lock it; he didn't want to be disturbed quite yet, not until he knew what his fellow Mekhet had in mind for the evening.* So, how may we be of assistance tonight? *His tone is polite, if not a little inquisitive.*

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Max opened the door to see Aïleen in casual clothes, a white top with jeans/, looking straight ahead at the door. As soon as it opened, she looked down and greeted her superior. Good evening, Grand Wyrm. She breathed once, then crossed the threshold of the Chapterhouse. If she straightened ever so slightly at the sound of the door getting locked behind her, no gentlemen would ever mention it.

Thank you for letting me use the physical restraint room, Grand Wyrm. I think it is now the next step in my studies. I need to push my Beast farther than ever yet... did she say, in a tone that she hoped carried none of her hear, and all of her determination.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

No thanks are necessary, I'm just glad it's being put to it's proper use. *Max takes the lead, walking towards the stairs that lead to the second floor.* And I'm glad you've chosen to study the Coil of Bests; it was my first Coil as well, and one I wish more of our students would study. I've found it greatly increases one's chances of survival.

*As he begins to climb the stairs, he continues the conversation; his interest clear in the tone of his voice.* I do wonder who you intent to push yourself, however. Goading one's Beast into Frenzy is not a step to be taken lightly, and even under the most prepared conditions a dangerous undertaking...

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen hadn't known that the Grand Wyrm's first Coil ever had been that very same, but it strengthened her resolve, and will to try. Mastery over self is the only mastery that really counts.

Climbing the stairs behind the other Mekhet, she pondered a few seconds how best to phrase her answer. Well, over the monthes, I've learned to master Sobek in the face of inreasingly daunting taunts. But I still need to increase the stimulations to be sure I could leash him no matter what.

With your help, or most likely Samantha, I intend to try two things. The stimulus of the most delicious blood I had tasted
    and she produced a small flask, and the stimulus of facing the sunlight...

But she would need to be chained, for everyone's safety.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods his head in agreement with her statement. However, he pauses at the top of the stairs when she mentions Sobek. It was an interesting way to describe one's Beast, and Max turns to look over Aileen with an appraising eye. He wonders over something for a moment, his usual smile falling away as he spoke softly to his fellow Dragon.* كن حذرًا اسمه لك الاحتجاج. احيانا ان شخصيا ...

Translation and OOC

*He pauses for a moment, waiting to see if there was a spark of recognition in Aileen's eyes...*

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The Grand Wyrm paused at the top of the stairs, and Aïleen had to stop climbing them mid-way. That was unexpected, but compared to the sounds that came out of him, it was nothing. Of course, Ashek, her Egyptian Sire, had taught her words here and there of Coptic, saying it was important to learn the history of her Clan, but it had never been a priority and she only caught a few words of the sentence.

She tilted her head, and repeated the words she had understood. Careful... name ? her query was as much about the translation, as about the meaning the Grand Wyrm had wanted to convey. The only thing that made sense was her reference to Sobek, but what did it mean to the American Mekhet in front of her ?

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max chuckles softly to himself, shaking his head slightly at Aileen's response. Perhaps he had hoped for too much...* I said, "Be careful who's name you invoke. Sometimes they take it personally." Sometime I'll have to tell you about Shesmu...

*He resumes his strides, allowing Aileen to fully ascend the stairs. As they walk towards the back of the Chapter House, Max renders his verdict on her request.* I have no problem with testing yourself with the blood; but the idea of exposing you to the dangers of sunlight gives me pause. I have yet to master the knack of staying up reliably during the day, and I do not trust Samantha to be up to the task.

If she was to fail to release you in time, I run the risk of your Final Death. And if you do Frenzy, and Samantha releases you, I run the risk of losing my favorite Ghoul. Tell me, Slave McFarlane, have you given any thought to other stimuli? Fire, perhaps; or physical abuse?
    *He asks the question in an even tone, no hint of his usual playfulness coloring his words.*

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen raised her eyebrows in surprise at the mention of Shezmu. Her Sire had likened his own Beast to that particular god already, and she knew of it. She only nodded in agreement at the Grand Wyrm's suggestion to talk about it later, wondering what else she would learn. Her nights in Sacramento sure were not idle.

His reluctance about the sunrise was as she had thought, but from what she remembered, the windows had been blacked out, and she had hoped they were sunproof, and she said so. What I had in mind was to be restrained the whole time, and she would only have to shut the blind closed. I wouldn't dare endangering anyone in your household, Grand Wyrm.

His last line of question was not quite unexpected either, and the thin Mekhet replied quickly. I have thought about it, yes. To be honest, I have mostly worked on the fire aspect of it, but I intended to develop some preternatural toughness before going more in depth in those aspects. Would you advise me to hasten my studies on that respect, Grand Wyrm ? She obviously didn't relish the prospect, but if she felt ready enough to try the sunlight, she should be ready for other possibilities as well. Other stimulus were only variations of fear and pain, not whole new levels of them.

OOC

Ciara Maskelyne

Ahh, but the question remains: Will your Beast respond to the stimulus if it knows it's not truly in danger? *He gives Aileen time to think over his question, as well as rethink his response.* I suppose there's no harm in it; and it will provide an interesting experiment into the self-awareness of the Beast. If you're willing to be the test subject, of course...

As to the topic of strengthening yourself; I'd highly recommend it. If nothing else, Sacramento can be a dangerous place...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread