Ended
Watch

Albert Sawyer meets Brother Raluca

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    B
    Beej

The little monk sat in the Commons of the Avalon Elyisum in one of the comfortable chairs. He was seemingly staring off into space while turning a loop of beads through his fingers. He was in his fairly customary black cassock and his canvas satchel was on the floor, resting against the chair.

In his mind, Teo was running through several speculative passages on blood sorcery and how they might be applicable to the Ordo's blood alchemy. He knew he was close to unlocking the power in his blood, he could feel it. It was just at the edge of his finger times. There was just something missing, some final something that he needed to make that final step.

Savnok

S
    Savnok

Albert descended down the stairs in wearing his customary outfit in Avalon - a navy blue outfit with a dark and light blue striped tie to contrast his suit, black shoes, and a clean white shirt. He stepped into the Commons and spotted the old man sitting in chair. The Beast cowered. With one swift and well practiced move he abruptly turned on his heel away from the superior vampire, pulled out his smart phone as if checking a message.

With his hands trembling he tapped on the device as if it was an "urgent" message. I'm not in a city! I'm in a damned concrete jungle! It was frustrating. Far too many other instances left him showing obviously he was a weakling. I'm not putting up with this bullshit anymore. he thought to himself. Enough was enough - even as harmless as this old guy looked, he was none the less inherently stronger.

Time for another roll of the dice.
    Sliding the smart phone into his jacket pocket, he turned around and approached the old man.

B
    Beej

The Serpent rose in Teo's mind and began to spit. That jerked the monk out his contemplation and he looked about to see what was the cause of its agitation. His eyes settle on a man in suit and immediately realized the man has a weaker beast. There was a sliver of guilty please at know the man was secretly cowering in fear of him. But it only lasted for a second. Teo forced the viper back into it's hole and smiled warmly at the man. "Good evening sir. I hope yours has been pleasant and productive?"

S
    Savnok

"I always try to be productive in some manner," he paused looking over his shoulder for a moment, noting an escape route in case of emergency, "Albert Sawyer, pleasure to meet you."

B
    Beej

"Brother Teodor Raluca, please sir join if you would like. Unless of course you are excepting someone." Teo said gesturing to the coach across from him. A rather nervous man. He is young, perhaps it is fear of my demon? Or perhaps it is something else?

2suxx empathy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-12 17:35:35 Teodor rolls 5 to Wit2+Emp3 (10 Again) 6, 6, 8, 8, 5 2 successes

S
    Savnok

OOC

Failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-12 19:32:02 Albert Sawyer rolls 3 to conceal the fact he is afraid of Teodor's greater blood potency (10 Again) 3, 2, 6 failure

The expression was written all over Albert's face, He called me out on it! Despite his best attempts, he couldn't hide his fear. As much as he wanted to avoid the Kindred, Sawyer rationalized that perhaps he could appease him by obeying. The Domain after "S-s-sure Brother Raluca...I'll be ha-happy to join you. You know how we kids are with our gadgets," he offered a sheepish smile.

B
    Beej

My, my. He is positively frightened. How young he must be. Now the question was did he comment on it or not? He chuckled politely at Sawyer's comment about gadgets. "They do seem quite interesting. The tablet computers I see commercials for look quite useful. Book and camera and radio, all rolled into something the size of a notebook. Are you in the technology field sir?"

S
    Savnok

Though he was still shaken, he managed to speak with much more calm. "Day-trader by profession. I-I deal mostly in the Asian markets." He retrieved his smart phone then appeared to have turned it off as the display went dark.

The more I look at this guy, the more he reminds me of a wise old hermit...except he's living in Sacramento.

Albert felt it was better to shift the focus off himself by inquiring about this seemingly ancient Kindred.
    "And what may our profession be, Brother Taluca?"

B
    Beej

Teodor's brow frowned for a moment as he ran 'Day-Trader' and 'Asian Markets' through his brain. "Ah. I see. Stock and bond trading." he smiled and nodded in understanding. "Day there, night here." It then occurred to him that the man could possibly make use of Ankers' company. I should mention that later.

"I am monk." he gestured slightly at his cassock. "Although practically speaking, I am scholar and researcher most nights. Philosophy, theology, the occult, the arts. These nights there are so many subjects one can learn about at library or online. It can be hard to stick with just few avenues of subjects. Are there any particular fields you enjoy learning about? Besides business? Although I suppose now there are so many different areas in Business. Business ethics, Asian Business Culture, Business philosophy, Business history." Teodor asked innocently, trying to probe the man as to a direction he leaned or covenant affiliation.

S
    Savnok

Albert was visibly surprised as the Kindred said he was a monk. Then the mention of occult sparked his curiosity. In response Sawyer leaned in closer expressing his interest. Yep, totally an old hermit...though still a greater Kindred. He could be just as brilliant as Martha, perhaps even more so. He listened as the monk continued on, he was not sure what part of the world he hailed from but his accent led him to believe European descent.

"Interesting, so you must be well learned. He attempted to connect with the monk by reflecting his own words, "The occult is a new field of study for me and I find it incredibly fascinating." He paused and continued, "To answer the rest of your question, I focus on the financial data primarily, and the begin looking further out into what could and in fact is affecting a firm. That would include culture and ethics in business. There is a push for companies being more ethical though we'll have to see how that progresses. It's always about following the money trail...and in some cases, the blood trail."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.