Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Dinner at the Bistro

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Miach

PRE

Right after his call to Toren, Miach immediatly called to book a table at the Tower Bridge Bistro. Thankfully, there were less customers during winter, and the Acanthus easily got room near the window, where he could get a great view on the Tower Bridge itself.

As he sat on his table a few minutes before eight on the day of the meeting, he enjoyed the scenery, and thought that indeed life was good. Already the waitress was telling him about their latest December Promo Menu, but his mind was wandering instead to his Sanctum, and his current work. Had he made the right choice in having this oncoming chat with Toren ? He shrugged, which surprised the waitress, but he smiled at her apologetically and she let it pass. Only one way to know...

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren came at the appointed time of eight o'clock. Actually he left with enough time though having never been there took a few minutes driving around the downtown streets looking for it. He had forgotten that it was inside Embassy Suites and had to find parking so really he was a few minutes late when he actually came into the restaurant. It was pretty fancy, akin to his experience with Noctina at The Firehouse down the street.

"Ah hello, I'm meeting someone here," he explained to the greeter who stroked their chin and glanced about the room. Toren did the same, and saw Miach by the window. "Ah, there he is," he said, relieved and ventured forward to the table, holding a leather briefcase with his supplies, though it was unlikely that he'd have much space on the table to bring out any materials. Miach did suggest they just go over the concept so that was probably fine.

"Hello, Miach. Good to see you again," he said in his often friendly manner and offered a handshake before sitting down across from the Acanthus.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Miach

PRE

Looking through the windows at the Bridge, Miach spotted the reflection of Toren's face on it, and turned to greet his fellow mystagogue. He rose to shake his hand, and bid him be sitted. Hello Toren, good to see you too.

He turned toward the window for a second, certain that the man would enjoy the sight as well, and then started with mundane chit-chat. Thank you for meeting me on such short notice. I'm sure you must be very busy, aren't you ? He smiled and nodded at the man in thanks.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Ah, well, not as much as you'd think. Most of my work is freelance since I'm not affiliated with any major firm, and because I'm still developing my career and renown the projects I do aren't all that long-term or complex. Still, that gives me time for other types of work, wink wink." He says the words, wink, as he himself winks along with it. "So in essence I don't mind at all. How about yourself? Is a doctor in the medical profession a time-intensive career?" The small talk was on. But they had never really made much before between them so it was still fresh and undiscovered.

If a waiter came by to take Toren's drink order he would ask for a glass of red wine, Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot.
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Miach

PRE

Freelance ? It's not something I can really do in my line of work... but if I hear of medical construction, can I call you ? You'd be able to take part in a new patient wing, or somesuch ? Miach knew that Sutter had recently expanded, so it was unlikely in the near future, but there were still projects down the line from what he had heard, so who knew...

Anyway... yes, being a doctor is a very very busy job, but I can't think of something more rewarding than actually saving someone's life with your own two hands, and seeing him leave with a smile, ready to bite into life one's again. It's a feeling well worth the sixty or seventy hours a week, if you ask me. the Acanthus was getting carried away, and his voice was getting louder as he spoke of his job, his duty, his passion. But I'm sorry, I didn't want to bother you with this.

Freelance ? Will you need payment for the advice you'll be giving me ? I can't go far, but I can pay some, of course.

He had never tasted of the red wine ordered by Toren, and asked for the same, eager to try something new and sweet.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Yeah I imagine so, freelance doctoring, I'm not sure it'd inspire much customer confidence," replied Toren jokingly. "But sure, hospitals are important buildings too and they need to grow as well." Still, large facilities like that often contracted firms for their expansions so Toren wouldn't hold his breath. Still, he smiled politely at the offer.

The architect listened as Miach explained his role and the connection he felt to it. The energy of Miach's mannerisms was noticeable, not unlike Toren's own passion for his work. "Oh, it's no bother at all. I think it's marvelous to do something that's worthwhile and that you enjoy. I guess if the patients were buildings I might feel the same. But yes, umm, as for payment I'd first need to inspect the, err, 'site', and make an assessment. Then I submit a proposal to you with an estimate. If we can agree on the terms then I can go ahead and start building. Though depending on the size of the project it might require that I hire a few contractors. You said over the phone this was to be an 'in-house' construction project?" The conversation began drifting towards the purpose of their meeting now, familiar territory for Toren.

Miach

PRE

Errm... Obviously Miach knew much more about medicine than architecture, because he hadn't really thought about what Toren said. It made sense, but he was only thinking about it now. The embarrassed Acanthus took a long, slow sip from his glass to try and recover his wits, thinking about what it was he wanted.

Erm... yeah, well, I can see why you'd say that, of course... he scratched his head, wondering how best to say what was next. To tell you the truth though, I was thinking of getting mostly general advices, because my place is, well, very, very private. No offense meant. he stretched his hands forward in a gesture of peace, hoping the other mystagogue would understand. Unless he could make an exception for the man ? But he barely knew him yet, and to invite someone in his Sanctum, to reveal its location, his access to a Hallow... he was loath to consider it yet, admittedly.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Oh," said Toren, not sure what Miach meant by private. "How private is very very private? So you don't want me to actually go there? You just want advice on how to do the modifications yourself?" Toren just wanted to clarify the man's intent. He had been treating the job like any other architectural project but being unable to see the site made things complicated. "I mean if you want you could take pictures and, err, measurements and I could draw out a blueprint and concepts," he suggested, hoping to sound helpful. But then it would still need to be built by someone.

Toren took his own draw from his wineglass and busied himself with looking through the menu. Soup seemed good for now, maybe soup and salad.

Miach

PRE

Was the man really as forthright as he seemed ? He was trying to be helpful, that much was obvious. Of course, he was part of Aenigma's Cabal, but Miach was really reluctant about introducing someone in his Sanctum. Even Esmeralda hadn't been invited yet. On the other hand, if he really wanted to make progress in his studies, he needed a quality place from where to work.

I'm sorry to ask, but... if I were to lead you there, would you agree to keep its location a secret, please ? Something like a professional secret, say... I would owe you for your discretion.

He looked at his fellow mystagogue, and sighed. It was no sound way to start a relationship with someone, even a professionnal one... Was he getting paranoid ? But he had been shot, it still ached, and he didn't want to take chances, even less now than before... What else could he do ? He looked at the bald man in front of him intently, trying hard to trust him, but daring not. Would he be able to notice anything reassuring in his current mindframe ?

2 successes to gauge Toren's willingness to be discreet
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-22 10:13:42 Miach rolls 4 to Wits 3 + Empathy 1 (10 Again) 1, 2, 2, 10, 9 2 successes

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Oh, of course, certainly. I mean I can respect your need for privacy," replied Toren hurriedly. "I'm not one to gossip after all," he chuckled, trying to ease Miach's tensions.
    ooc
    "I probably should be more private about my residence, but that's just where I'm most comfortable talking with people sometimes. I'd keep my workplace and residence separate if I could afford to," he laughs again, all smiles.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread