Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1211) Consilium: The Hierarch and Co.

Avalon seemed more than the average distant, lost in thought, or perhaps in sound as her bright eyes seemed to lock onto certain members of the consillium or staff. Occasionally her eyes would drift up to Jammer.

Wa-- Sorry, I was someplace else.” she said as she tilted her head sideways and let the cigarette hang from her fingers expertly. “Yes, I’m Avalon, current Hierarch.” She smiled, letting the face paint shift slightly on her skin.

For a moment she looked distant again as she looked at the door, then at her bare watch. “Its getting about that time isn’t it?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo wasn't one for philosophy, but in this case it was making for some decent small talk so he indulged the girl. "I agree, though as an Arrow I prefer certain kinds of knowledge." Leo finally diverted his attention from the Heirarch to the woman standing before him ( kimura ).

"Geography, weapon specs, tactics, as well as dozens of other fields that could help the Arrows make the Consilium safer for it's residents. Knowledge is important to everyone. It's just what form the knowledge takes that determines who finds it most useful." Leo said what he could while he could still follow the conversation.

'I hope this stays general. If she starts listing philosophers I'm gonna look like an idiot.'

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four nods to the painted heirarch and looks around. "Yes, I do believe so." The giant steps back and off to the side, figuring it'd be best to stick with Avalon so that he could follow her to the meeting. Meanwhile, he gives Leo and Kiko a relaxed nod to let them know he was done speaking with her for now.

k
    kimura

"I think I just like to learn new things I guess" she smiled at Leo and listened to his interests with a curious cant of her head with the occasional nod for emphasis

"Safety is on my mind as well though I admit I'm not exactly Arrow material. While I have lost my temper in the past I have this... aversion to harming people... it bothers me ... a lot" a small frown at that but then a bright smile with this... twinkle... in her eyes "Yet to those I call friend and family ... I would gladly sever every oath I've ever taken to defend and protect them. the last said with fierce resolve that was not like her or perhaps never been triggered before.

Noticing the curt nod by the Gentle Giant Four Kiko turned to face Avalon and bowed slightly before speaking to the woman "First I must say I am empathetic hugging you a lot for the music and second" said with a huge grin "It is a pleasure to meet you and if I may ask how do you do the face paint? It's pretty"

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo smiled and looked somewhat surprised at the fierce display of loyalty that seemed to contrast her seemingly endearing nature. It was good to know that there were others who shared Leo's sense of loyalty.

When Kiko turned to the Heirarch, Leo listened and waited for a chance to speak.

"Did you say it was getting to be that time? You mean to start the meeting? Would you mind if I tag along? I don't have a cabal but I was hoping to meet the mages who are already established within the community. I had a few questions, but I won't bother anyone during your meeting." His tone was both serious but polite, and even though the note he saw at the circle said anyone could attend, he still thought asking to join the group was the more courteous thing to do.

Avalon looks over at Leo. “Actually I was thinking generally, but also there was a DJ contest and it might be a good idea to get that started too.” Her eyes flicked up to the Obrimos in the nest, then to a girl walking towards her.

She made a flicking gesture with her cigarette towards the girl before taking another drag.

You’re new right? We can talk later, alright?” Avalon’s gaze switches to the asian and her bouncy-ness, and a smile wanders across her face. “Thank you, Miss. And the facepaint, it comes from a tribe of people deep in the jungles of Africa. The more markings the higher the rank portrayed.

Due to the music shift it was easier to talk, Jammer must be angry about one thing or another.

Well its been fun talking to all of you, I think I’m going to get the spark in the nest to send the cabal reps my way.” She said with a smile before sticking her cig back in her mouth and picking up her walking stick.

Avalon returns to the main thread

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"I better follow her, then. I'm repping for my cabal." Four gives the other two a nod, then quickly follows after the Heirarch.

Four returns to the main thread

k
    kimura

Kiko nodded at both as they left then realized that she wasn't sure who was representing her Cabal and that made the young woman wiggle her nose a moment before smiling to Leon "Guess we can do stuff till they return"

Kiko joins the main thread

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Guess so." Leo replies simply as he makes his way back into the crowd.

Leo joins the main thread

Closed Thread