Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1211) Alec and Martha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods happily and smiles cheerily to Alec. "I see! I see! Well, welcome, Mr Terrones! Welcome, indeed! I do hope you find this Domain to your liking! I traveled for many, many miles before settling here! I should enjoy hearing a little of the Domain you traveled through most recently before arriving here! Would you tell me of such things while we make our way to that meeting chamber over there?" she smiles happily and uses her cane again to briefly point to a nearby door...probably to one of the offices in the Underground. "You need not fear, sir! The meeting chamber has charts and such like I wish to share with you, that is all!" she giggles playfully and begins to hobble over to the meeting room. Her false leg dragging hard as she tries a few happy, light-hearted, skips in her step and waits to see if Alec catches up with her and to hear what he has to say...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

N
    NobleRoman

It was strange to see someone of such high status being so jovial. Elders usually carried themselves with more self importance than did the Herald. The dragging false leg makes the situation almost comical to Alec.

Taking a long strides, he makes his way to the Herald and toward the meeting room. "Of course Herald Villiers." Alec rasps. "I was in Portland, Oregon last. I was a resident for six months before moving. There was instability with the Invictus, multiple petty princes, and I left on to avoid conflict. Originally I am from Philadelphia, though." His voice lowers at the mention of his birthplace. The place had been a hellish environment to be raised in and the memories weren't pleasant ones. "California is one of the few places I've never been before and Sacramento seemed like an excellent place to sample in my search for a more permanent residence."

He follows the Herald as he speaks, careful that he never pulls ahead or falls behind. She was such an odd figure to have to be courteous too. The Herald certainly not one of my familiy. Too damn....bouncy.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Her smiles are genuine and as she pauses at the door, tiny Martha seems keen to try to examine Alec...trying to grasp why he is so sad and trying to shake off the sadness that is beginning to creep over her.

Leaning hard on her cane, she listens and gathers her thoughts,
    “I see, sir! Well...it does sound as if you have had quite an exciting time of things! A lot of travel! I should wager you are quite adept at staying alive and with a great deal of sagacity and acumen!" she offers with genuine praise, Pausing to unlock and open the door, tiny Martha gestures for him to enter the meeting chamber.

It was a basic meeting room with a large and long polished wooden table. Enough chairs around it to suit a large group and a single Flip-Chart stands close to the table at the end nearest the door.

The room has a bright scent of lemon and citrus about it, Martha makes a small hand gesture, inviting Alec to select a seat,
    "Please, sir...do be seated..." with a shy smile she nods to the Flip-Chart. "here I have some information for you...and then we can proceed to the Acknowledgement! That way any Feeding and dwelling you do shall not be considered poaching!" a happy giggle.

The small creature smiles sweetly to Alec as she watches him again and leans on her cane.
    "Before we proceed, sir...do you have any questions for me?"
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

N
    NobleRoman

Nodding in agreement to her praise, Alec steps into the room. "I wouldn't call it sagacity, but one acquires what skills they must." The words aren't meant to be dark, though they sound it. Rather it is a statement of fact, an inevitable result of his life.

Sliding one hand across the smooth surface of the table, Alec takes his seat as instructed. He takes a moment to inspect the flip chart and realizes that this room must be used for multiple simultaneous acknowledgements. He feels a bit odd being alone with the Herald. "Given the preparation," Alec gestures at the chart and room, "I'm sure that much of what I would ask is about to be explained. There is one thing, though. Is the current state of my clan the norm for this Domain." As if to reassure Martha after his gloomy question, he offers a small smile. It isn't a comfortable expression for him, but he makes the effort nonetheless.

Maybe her requiem has been gentler than mine. Maybe there is something to learn from her.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha leans on her cane again and gently turns over the first sheet of the Chart. Smiling happily to Alec she nods. "Oh no, sir...this Domain is at a major transport junction of rail, road and aircraft...as such we do have a largely mobile population. Many come...just as many go. Though those with ambition may thrive if they stay." she smiles again. Taking time to let Alec settle.

"I am about to show you a great deal of information, sir...do not worry about committing it all to memory this evening! These charts are held here and much of the information is also replicated at other Elysian Fields about the Domain...so you may refresh your understanding of it all at your convenience!" she giggles merrily. Taking a moment to rub at her maimed upper thigh for a moment as she glances to Alec then the chart as she begins...

"So, we shall begin!" a happy smile again...and she then turns to the chart and flips the top page,

Chart 1

The Traditions

Keep The Three Traditions in full

Breaking the Masquerade shall incur the Prince's displeasure.

The Prince: has exclusive Right to Permit Embracing Childer

Regnants are responsible for their Thralls and Childer.

Those who have committed the Amaranth are NOT welcome

Chart 2

Presentation & Acknowledegment

Any Kindred entering the Domain have Two Weeks to present themselves to the Prince, or His Herald

Prisci may take full responsibility for one of their own. Presentation is then deferred until the next Court.

Only Acknowledged may Hunt in the Domain

Chart 3

The Blood Hunt

Only the Prince, or His Seneschal, shall call a Blood Hunt.

Treason - is thus: violation of allegiance toward His Majesty, His Property or His Will. Acts of waging war actively or passively, or aiding His Enemies.

Chart 4

Etiquette

* Kindred shall show their Respect by appearing at Court.
    * Failing to appear to two successive Courts invalidates Acknowledged status.
    * The Alder Prince places high value on good manners at Court

Chart 5

* None shall harass His Majesty.
    * Should any find themselves in His Presence: keep a respectful distance, approach only when invited
    * The only exception shall be if His Majesty finds himself under duress. Then all Kindred should render swift aid.
    * Only His Majesty shall decide whom is bound by Blood Vinculum

* It is Forbidden to use Powers of the Blood in the Elysian Fields - except in the defense of the Elysian Fields, Officers of Court or with prior permission

Chart 6

Feeding

None shall Feed upon, Ghoul, Kill, or otherwise harass, the following:

* Law Enforcement
    * Firefighters
    * EMTs
    * Hospital Employees

Chart 7 - is a flow chart and organ-a-gram

Alder Prince: His Grace, Alder Asa Clarke, Duke of Sacramento
    Royal Archon: Duchess Alder Judex Twist
    Acting-Seneschal: Miss Martha Villiers
    Acting-Harpy: Miss Martha Villiers
    Herald & Keeper: Miss Martha Villiers
    Bailiff: Daniella Sage
    Acting-Reeve: Miss Martha Villiers
    Deputies: Dillon Connery, Tracy Burns

Zones of Regency

Regent (F) under the Lord Paramount
    Regent (RM) under the Lord Paramount
    Regent (CH) Dr Erika Brady
    Regent (V): under the Lord Paramount
    Regent (SS) Roxie Hart

(Here there is a large map on the Flip Sheet showing a fairly detailed sketch map of the Domain boundaries to this chart for clarity as per this: ( http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Vampire_Subinfeudation )

When the chart of the Domain comes up, tiny Martha pauses to add more detail; "If you decide to live within a certain area within the Domain, you must speak with that areas Regent. Each Regent holds the rights to Tenancy and Feeding for those areas and award those rights to others as they see fit." she gestures with a delicate finger to each zone, "If you decide to approach one of the Regents, or myself or the Prince as Lord Paramount, please be aware that they may require some type of agreement, or service from you for the privilege of feeding and tenancy rights." she glances toward Alec, "Though once you have received Acknowledgement, you are free to reside and feed within the Communal Zone. I would also like to point out the Alder Prince's personal and Private Rack," she will then carefully indicate this on the map, "It is within the Communal Zone, so I wanted to make you aware of the area. This personal Rack is an area encompassed roughly north of West Street and Capital City Freeway; east of 5th Street; west from 29th Street and south from J Street, that would be the Rack. The Rack is Royal Domain, and Feeding rights are very highly protected. But the rest of the Communal Zone is open to all." there is a pause, "As this is an Invictus run Domain, I cannot stress enough the importance of manners and etiquette here. Should you have any concerns or concerns about manners or etiquette, please do not hesitate to ask me or speak with the Madam Bailiff who is also the Au Pair of the First Estate." her tone remains happy and cheery, neither rude nor condescending...

Chart 8

The Elysian Fields

NB: Unless with prior permission, it is Forbidden to use Powers of the Blood or carry weapons into the

The Elysian Fields

The Elysian Fields in this Domain are:

* The Avalon nightclub
    * The Reverence nightclub
    * The Ember nightclub
    * The Ballo Della Notte Theater

Chart 9

Covenants

Carthian Movement: position vacant
    Circle of the Crone: Hierophant Chris Wooding

Invictus: Judex Twist

Lancea Sanctum: Deacon Connery
    Ordo Dracul: Grand Wyrm Max Heinz

Prisci

Daeva: Judex Twist
    Gangrel: Dillon Connery
    Mekhet: Chris Wooding
    Nosferatu: vacant
    Ventrue: Madam Ciara Maskelyne

After the last chart is shown, Martha smiles at Alec for a few moments. Allowing him time to read and take it in before adding; "I know that can be a great deal to absorb, sir...but please feel free to ask any questions you may have!" she says, stepping off to the side away from the charts and rubbing again at her crippled thigh.

N
    NobleRoman

As the pages of the chart flip by the Haunt quietly listens to the Herald's presentation. He nods when appropriate and does his best to appear engaged and focused.

When it is done the left side of his mouth twitches up a hair. It was funny how similar the laws of this domain were to the rules of gang life. "Respect your elders, don't go where you aren't allowed, don't take what isn't yours, don't draw attention to our presence." It was an oversimplification but not one that was totally inaccurate to Alec.

"The Alder Prince Clarke has a good set of rules. One that anyone could be asked to follow without problem." He nods as if to reassure both her and himself. It wouldn't be all that different from his mortal life after all. "Two questions. How do I formalize my loyalty? Then when that is done," Alec pulls out his cellphone. "Before I go may I get the contact information for the city officials as well as what few clanmates I do have?" Meeting people wasn't a huge priority, but the Haunts especially were on his list. Just knowing how many are were in the city would be an improvement to now.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A cheery nod at these questions. "Oh...of course, I understand...to formalize your loyalty, you may Swear an Oath of Fealty. I shall certainly supply you with contact details for others too." a happy smile, "Before we move on though, I would welcome your co-operation with helping me examine your Auric Emanations! Nothing to worry about, sir...a simple precaution...it won't hurt, sir..and it won't take long! Once I have done this, we can move to the Oath!" a happy smile again with sincerity.

N
    NobleRoman

"Of course Herald Villiers." Alec opens his arms slowly as if to welcome her. "I've nothing to hide."

The Haunt waits patiently for Martha to examine as thoroughly as she feels necessary. You'd think they'd do this at the door when I dropped off my knife. If given any other instructions on the process Alec politely obeys.

Enveloping Alec is a muted gray haze. Within it are flecks of brown and even odd flashes of vermilion, though they seem to appear most irregularly.

Martha Villiers

PRE

The more she is around Alec, the more Martha feels her good mood deplete...trying a shy smile she nods to Alec as she struggled to examine his Aura.

Martha offers a gentle, "Splendid!"

After a short pause during which Martha smiles sweetly to Alec. Though still friendly, her demeanor soon adopts a more steady attitude...one more suitable and appropriate to a offering a solemn vow.

"The Oath, sir: it is binding in spirit as well as letter. Through it you express loyalty to His Grace, the Alder Duke Clarke, Prince of this Metropolitan Domain. By Acknowledging his Praxis you enter into the age old contract of the Domain and Lord. I shall ask now, please: do you swear to abide by the Praxis of the Alder Duke Clarke; obey and respect his Laws and those Officers of Court he has assigned; will you seek to contribute to the welfare of this Domain whilst doing nothing to disrupt the harmony within?"

A querying, but pleasant, look to Alec over the rims of her spectacles.

N
    NobleRoman

Seeing Martha's enthusiasm begin to wane, Alec at first wonders if it is him. Then she moves to the oath and he writes it off as her preparing for a serious matter.

It seemed only fitting that Alec reciprocate her seriousness.

Rising from the chair, he raises his right hand. For the first time Alec raises his voice and though his speech is no clearer than before its tone is far firmer. "I swear to abide by the Praxis of Alder Duke Clarke; obey and respect his Laws and those Officers of Court he has assigned; I will seek to contribute to the welfare of this Domain whilst doing nothing to disrupt the harmony within." Gently lowering his hand, Alec returns to his seat and awaits Martha's instructions. The formality of the oath is both irksome and enjoyable to the Haunt. The Invictus and their verbose nature certainly wasn't to be admired, but this one was far shorter than his last. Plus the laws he was swearing to were relatively minor.

If Martha is still perceptive of his aura, the flecks of vermilion have become more prominent, though it is in no way apparent from Alec's body language.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread