Ended
Watch

Dirty Dives are a Dime a Dozen

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan decided to simply wait by the door until the cab arrived. Both to make sure it didn't leave without Leon and that Leon didn't leave without the cab. While waiting, a rather important thought struck her. What do I do if he passes out? No way can I carry him. Hell, I probably can't even drag him. She started to fidget, trying to think of an answer. But she didn't have any ideas on how to resolve the problem. The mental images her mind provided of how she could try (and fail) to drag a large Oni weren't helping. Why couldn't she ask someone else? Wait, why couldn't she ask someone else?

Rook seemed to be in the know. Maybe he knew who to call just in case. "Um, Rook? I, heh, have a question? If Leon passes out, is, uh, there anyone at Four Seasons to help? T-to help carry him inside. I, well, don't think I'd be able to do it. I'm, heh, kinda too small and he is really big, heh."

K
    Kazakin

Rook cocked his head slightly as Leon slumped next to the door, and raised a steel eyebrow at Morgan.

Again, she implied he was just going to ditch them, or force her to do something that really was not easy. Moving unconscious people was difficult, unless someone was strong enough to just lift them outright.

"Do you think I'm just going to walk away and ignore someone who clearly can't take care of themselves right now?"
    he said, his voice blunt as his patience, with the continual implications that he didn't give a damn, grew very short indeed. "I'll carry him if he needs it. Then once he's safe in his room, you and I are going to have a brief chat about things, Morgan."

Normally, Rook would have phrased that considerably more amiably, but he was starting to become concerned that the Beast either seriously believed that the Freehold would simply trample all over someone for no reason, or that she was purposely trying to cause trouble by provoking him. Her behaviour in the past, around the Coronations, was not helping that impression.

This needed to be sorted out now.

D
    Donald

Since everyone else seemed to clam up when the others left the bar, Mark decided to call it a night and head out. He gives the other Lost a nod and pays his bill before approaching Rook, Leon and Morgan. The look he gives the Steepscrabler and the Oni is a cold one, but that's better than other looks he could be giving them. Most days it was a chore to keep from looking at people as if they were a meal, Beasts made it harder and so did people that had indulged like the other Ogre had.

Catching himself going down the path where he would start thinking in Fee-fi-fo-fums, he pulls the thoughts to a more productive line. "Rook," he states. "Do you need help." He says it in a way that is more an offer and less a question.

D
    Duvainor

Jezebel had, over time, managed to teach herself to recognise and interperate basic emotions mostly by watching how other people acted, trying to analyse their behavior and doing her best to mimic it in the appropriate situations. It was a habit she had never quite grown out of, and thoughts coasted through her head as she watched Smudge's reaction.

Well, he's laughing. That's a good sign, I suppose. Wait, laughing with, or laughing at? And he did drink pretty quickly just then...nerves, maybe?

She took another sip of her drink. If they were both pure Elementals - which Jezebel had doubts about - they could quite well spent the evening talking past each other without either of them having a clue what the other was on about. She watched Rook guiding Leon out of the bar, with Morgan floating around all the time, then waved Mark off as he went to follow.

"I know what you mean." The Blightbent said, a slight, dour note creeping into her voice. "If he's got an actual problem, I hope to god he gets some proper help. Seen too many people gone down that road already."

Jezebel fingered her cross as she spoke, just for a moment.

"But hey, look at it this way." She added. "Least he wasn't drunk enough to start a fight over it."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan started at Rook's words and tone. Rook is coming too? But isn't he here with friends or something? D-did I offend him? I'm such an idjit! Of course I was rude. Why'd he sound like that other wise?! Confusion and surprise were evident on her face. She hadn't even considered that Rook might be coming too. She began to try to explain herself, rather quickly: "You're coming too? I...I thought you were, well, here with friends or...or doing important stuff or...or...something? I-I didn't mean to be rude. I just...I didn't think...um, didn't really think really. S-sorry. Eh, not sorry that your helping but sorry that I didn't think to think that you would be helping. Just, sorry for being rude aaaand much thank you for helping Leon. Heh, I...I think I'll shut up now before I say more stupid things, heh heh." Her motor mouth slowed down only for the last sentence.

Yes, do shut up. Oh and for a change of pace how about I try to actually THINK when I have that chat with Rook.

K
    Kazakin

"No," Rook said, his voice modulating back to amiable. No emotion ever lasted a particularly long time on the Metalflesh's face unless he particularly went to the effort of demonstrating it. Steel was malleable, but it had to be forced into shape. "Taking care of people is what's important."

He glanced up as Mark exited the bar and came outside, before offering help. He looked faintly nonplussed for a moment at the offer - there weren't many people in the Freehold who didn't seem to automatically assume that the Red Victor had everything under control.

"No, thanks. Everything's fine out here, we're just waiting for a cab. Although we're heading back to the Hotel- why don't you come along? I can show you the place."

Magnus watches the goings on and keeps out of the way. If Rook needed more help, he'd ask. And Rook knew Magnus would help. When it looks like everyone is moving on he raises a glass to Smudge and then drains the rest of his whiskey. Thankfully California had corkage laws that allowed you to carry out open liquor if the staff sealed it back up for you. So the Wizened stands and gets the bartender to cap and bag the bottle.

"Four Seasons, then," he says to no one in particular with a shrug.

Then he walks out to the curb to quietly wait and help if needed

D
    Donald

Mark shrugs. He offered, that's what was important. "I'll follow you in mine." he adds with a shake of his head. He didn't like the idea of sharing a cab with three people and the driver, it wore on his nerves when people were up in his space. He didn't like people nosing around wherever he was making his lair either. It's just easier all around to keep from snapping at someone when you didn't have to smell them all over your stuff.

C
    Cherry

Leon's eyes flashed open at the sound of a faint horn from outside. He began to struggle to his feet, the time spent on the floor working with him as he stood up and grabbed for the door.

he paused holding the door handle. "Cab call for Leon" he said quite quietly, before opening the door.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan followed Leon, doing what she could to help him get into the cab. Mostly this involved either a) making sure he had someone to lean on so he wouldn't stumble to badly and b) being ready to end up as his cushion if he fell on her. She wasn't too keen on part b) of her current plan for helping. She also needed to go out to pay for the cab too. She'd given her word after all.

After Leon starts getting into the cab she waved hello to the cab driver and moved to the front passenger door, making sure she was riding shotgun. Yes, she wanted to help Leon, but she didn't want to be in back with him if he "got sick" on the way to Four Seasons. If Leon insisted she'd ride in back, but she didn't want to wash vomit off her clothes, "H-hello sir. Thank you for picking us up. Our friend has, heh, had a bit too much tonight. So..." she pondered how to put this to not cause any suspicians. The cabbie might not care but Rook seemed a little tense. Mostly, she paused in her speeech because she had to sneeze, and made sure to cover her face with her sleeve. "Heh, excuse me. Like I was saying, our group is heading to the Four Seasons. There will be a few of us. Do you know how to get there?"

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.