Ended
Watch

Dirty Dives are a Dime a Dozen

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Rook walked Leon to the door, his expression set rigid and thoughtful. At least the Ogre hadn't decided to make a scene - or worse, tried rounding on the Metalflesh. There was a good reason that Rook was the Red Victor of the Summer Court, and he could certainly handle himself in a bar fight- but he preferred not to get violent with people. It felt almost inherently unfair, unless they forced his hand into it.

But he wasn't a cruel man, and had no love of harming others. He simply wasn't going to allow the Freehold to be put in danger by someone yelling about his real nature in public. Anyone could have been listening. Anyone who had learnt anything about the Sacramento Freehold might just have an idea that a metal chess piece was the Red Victor, and who wouldn't have put two and two together after that?

"You need to go home, Leon. Sleep it off,"
    Rook said quietly, when Leon reached the door. "Before you cause yourself harm."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The beast felt, bad for having seemingly chased Leon out. Maybe she could add a different option? Following the pair, she looked at Rook and decided it would be best to get his okay on a third option, "Leon doesn't have to just leave, um, on foot that is, right? W-we can call him a cab? Maybe? That way he is sure to get home safer than if he tries walking it off. I'll pay for it even! W-we should always try to look out for each other. "

C
    Cherry

Under his hazy mind Leon could hear the concern in Morgans voice, that touched him, it felt odd.

The idea of 'going home' made him mope slightly, h stopped and turned to Morgan for a moment. "That, that won't be necessary." The limp form that is Leon just moved to the door and opened it slightly before muttering under his breath. "Not got a home to go to..."

Smudge

PRE

Smudge chuckled at the thought of Jezebel being shoved over in her boots and looked down at her boots.

He quickly looked back to his drink and was so glad that his red skin could perhaps cover some of his blushing.

"Er, yeah, pro'lly f' the best," he commented to the Blightbent, gulping down the rest of the whiskey. Out of the corner of his only eye, Smudge watched as Rook assisted Leon. He shook his head. "Fugger that can't hold his drink really shouldn' be drinkin'."

K
    Kazakin

Rook couldn't help it. He stared at Morgan behind his mirrored sunglasses, as she reacted as though he'd just beaten Leon to a pulp and then demanded he crawl back to his place on his hands and knees.

What are you hallucinating, that makes you think that's what's going on?

"In that case, you're going back to the Four Seasons and getting yourself a room,"
    the Metalflesh said firmly, to the extremely drunk Oni. "And no hitting the bar. Sam won't serve you in this state, anyway. If you need money, I have enough for a night's stay while you sleep it off." His rigid fingers automatically moved towards his pocket. It wasn't like he had much on him, but he'd give it to any Lost to help out.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan looked quickly to the right and the left, embarassment and concern warring in her mind. She felt bad for bringing Leon's living conditions up. Which made the guilt of chasing him out worse. But at least Rook was right, the Four Seasons would be a good place for Leon to go. Plus, if she chipped in too, Leon would certainly be able to afford a good room.

"Listen to him please. The Four Seasons is really nice. All Lo--oocal club members or, heh, visiting members get a good deal for staying the night there. I'll have the bar call a cab and...um," she checked her pocket to see if, yup, she could cover the cab and give a little extra too "Yeah. I'll pay for that cab. And I can help him cover your room too, okay Leon? Its, heh, you know, a lot better then the other option, right?"

C
    Cherry

Leon brushed his hair back, he caught the eyes of the one eyes one and put a foul look on his face but the presence of Rook just shrugged that away. he leant up against the wall to steady himself and looked at the two of them.
    Rook, he cared for the peace of the freehold, granted that was good in its self but there was a cold air about him.
    Morgan, she was lovely, actual care resonated from her, she was awkward sure but that was part of her charm

"Im sorry guys i just, well its complicated." he paused a moment and looked at Morgan, "Would you do me a favour and come with me? I don't want to cause any more trouble" his words were hazy to be expected but they were sincere.

K
    Kazakin

Rook gave Morgan a nod, a silent indication that it was a very good idea for her to go and call the cab as soon as possible. It would be very, very bad if Leon decided to mention anything more about chessmen. 'Rook' was just an odd nickname until someone brought up chess, and then the wheels started turning, and suddenly one foolish comment had caused problems for every member of the Freehold.

Including Leon.

The Freehold wasn't a building, or a concept, after all. It was a group of people. People that Rook cared deeply and passionately about, his blazing heart the motivation behind his pledged role as a protector. There wasn't a member of the Freehold that Rook wouldn't have died for on the spot, if it came to it. When the Metalflesh promised something, he did so with everything that he was.

The quiet, steel resolve, and amiable nature of the Red Victor radiated from him in a warm firmness that was in no way unkind or icy, but it was serious.

He didn't move from his spot.

"Complicated or not. Do you need the cash?"

Practicalities before anything else.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded at Leon's question and gave what she hoped was a reassuring smile "It would be no problem to help a fellow Looocal club member, heh. I'll just ask the barman call a cab. They probably have the numbers, heh." She turned and gave a nod back to Rook before walking quickly over to the bar. She waved to the barman to get his attention: "Excuse me? Can you, uh, please call a cab for our friend? He really needs a ride."

The barman scowled in the direction of the door, "Glad you handled your friend there. They can be a pain to toss sometimes." He picked up the phone and made the call. After about a minute he hung up and looked at Morgan, "Yellow Cab'll be here in 5 minutes lady. Make sure he gets in it." Then he went back to the other customers.

The steepscrambler thanked the barman and walked back to Leon and Rook. "Hey, the cab will be here in 5 minutes...uh, I guess Leon should have a seat by the door until it arrives." Looking at Leon she got thoughtful for a second. There was something about how water helped with alcohol right? Either for curing drunk or stopping hangovers. "Uh, Leon? I think water is supposed to help with being drunk or hangovers or something like that, heh. Do you want a bottle of water?"

C
    Cherry

Leon gave a lazy wave to Rook, the money wasn't nessisary he could handle it.

Morgan running around after him made him give a unconscious smile, it was nice to be looked after for a change. Running hear and there, asking this and that, it was cute.
    The offer of water though was not the best of offers, the taste of water to Leon was foul, bland, empty of purpose. A sour look over took his face and he gave his reply, "You give me water and ill probably throw up. Thanks anyway"

He decided to take the offer of sitting by the door, but took it quite literally as he slumped himself beside the door.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.