Ended
Watch

The Heirophant and the Herald

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha eyes Chris over the rims of her spectacles again. This time with some obvious care. A steady and careful nod follows. "I see...now that is amazing!" a happy smile. Though cheery, she remains respectful.

"The Future, you say? I wonder, sir...what are the limits of this? How prone to counter-factual adjustments in the present or, as they say in Chaos Theory: how sensitive is this Foresight to initial conditions...by which I mean the so-called Butterfly Effect? How certain are these visions, sir?"

She asks...wide eyed and clearly fascinated. Tiny Martha clasps her hands under her chin.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

When Martha appears to be cheery, Chris allows himself to relax and lean back. 'Everything is open for interpretation, of course. Some things I see are vague and hardly point me in a certain direction, yet other visions are pretty straightforward.'

He nods, 'I have heard of the Butterfly Effect.' Also besides it being a good movie, that is. 'The things I have seen in the future are more like possible outcomes, warnings. So yes, the tiniest thing could lead to a different future, but most of the times you'd want to avoid what I see...'

'All I can say for certain is that powers are different every time.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was beginning to privately doubt the value of something so unreliable. It seemed to her little better than guesswork. But, she knew better than to rule it out from sheer prejudice. She also knew the Universe to be filled with all manner of the Uncertain and the vicissitudes of Heimarmene.

As she rubs harder at her maimed hip Martha is obviously frowning while giving the matter careful thought.

Once her thinking is done, she smiles meekly to Chris and asks sweetly;
    "I do see, sir, I certainly see. Might I please observe a demonstration of this power? I understand that it may be a test that you cannot submit to at this very moment, sir...but...I hope you can see that such an astounding claim as this cannot go without examination!" a cheery and sincere smile to Chris.

Martha really didn't want him thinking she felt him a liar, but she did need to verify.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Okay now so much time has passed, I'm not sure how to continue, but let's see

Chris waits patiently while Martha contemplates on the situation. What she finally says surprises him, a bit.

'A demonstration? That will mean I break the law by using Cruac in this Elysium.' He smiles. If the Keeper says so, why wouldn't use this opportunity? Although the smile soon fades, the Hierophant is very serious again. 'I might as well bring up another matter I wished to see you for, Herald Villiers.'

He opens the shoulder bag he always carries with him, and grabs a journal from it. 'There is something with this journal, I think it is Hungarian? A while ago I found it at an occult bookstore, I made a call to you back then? The store was... assaulted. Then I saw you in a vision, together with Daniella Sage. Later I saw the old Mekhet Priscus Wilhelm Von Shutsen. Do you know more about this? I'm not sure what happened in the meantime, since this is all a while back. But I could use Cruac to see what our next move should be about.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Martha Villiers

PRE

ooc: apologies for the delay in reply. However, I now have a plan of action...

There's a pause as Martha thinks and assesses the situation. The mention of Von Schutsen got her thinking of a million lethal things that could be wrong with the Domain and that needed solving sooner...not later.

"I understand, sir...Hmm..." she taps at her lips with a dainty forefinger, as if in thought again before adding, "shall we meet tomorrow evening, sir...at the Reverence nightclub? I can assemble some allies and the things we may need to review. That way we shall be able to share what we know...benefit from any mystical insight your skills can supply and then formulate a plan to co-operate to take this investigation further!" she smiled. Hoping to encourage positive action.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Ah that sounds great, Herald.' Chris smiles, happy that finally something seems to happening about these serious things. 'Is it alright then if I come fully prepared? Weapons included.'

The meeting is at an Elysium, so he'd better ask to be sure.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Of course, sir...come as prepared as you feel you need to." she nods in agreement. This could be dangerous work with some 'heavy lifting' so she didn't want to exclude innovation.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Then I'll see you tomorrow.' Chris rises from the seat, and bows respectfully.

Great!

Martha Villiers

PRE

As Martha accepts his bow with a respectful nod, she lets Chris go and...

...then meets him again at this thread... http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...464#post274464

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread