Ended
Watch

Kitchen Talk (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    B
    Beej

The kitchen of the chapterhouse was not the most used portion of the house, at least by the Dragons. Tonight it is in use. Open on the center island of the kitchen are several old notebooks with handwriting, to those who can recognize it, in Romanian. On the stove are a number of pots filled with water. Teodor, in simple linen cloths, stands next to the pot that is boiling. In his left hand is chemist tongs, which he is using to partially submerge a plugged test tube that has a small amount of blood in. His right hand is held palm up, a small open would is open to the air. On the counter next to the refrigerator is a small old battered survival radio. A Johnny Cash song is softly playing and Teodor is humming along.

Vassagon

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Striking Looks •• (handsome)
    Blood Potency •
    -Blush Active in Social Scenes-

PRE

OOC
    Chase walks through the Chapter House, working idly on his tablet. He was reviewing business emails and remotely managing his servers. There seemed to be an app for everything after all. At the sound of boiling water mixed with music Chase raised his gaze from the portable device and looked towards the kitchen. Stepping through the archway he observed the familiar figure of Teodor hard at work doing...something he wasn't familiar with.

Torn between not wishing to interrupt the grandfatherly Dragon and the rudeness of not announcing himself straightaway, Chase lingered on the edge of the room. He cocked his head a moment and raised a closed fist to his mouth, clearing his throat audibly. "Hmhrm." He hoped it was subtle enough not to surprise the monk from his possibly delicate work. Or was he simply cooking?

B
    Beej

ooc

The Serpent stirred at the presence of another Beast. The increasing hissing of the demon and the soft cough told him Teodor it must be a polite, if not weaker Kindred. Turning to the door, Teo smiled at Chase. "Ah! Supplicant, please do come in. You are not interrupting, this will take quite sometime I think. I hope you're evening has been pleasant and productive?" he noticed the tablet computer in the man's hands. He felt a pang of something, envy perhaps? It was quite..Buck Rogers. Buck Rogers. You are quite the linguist sir. He chided himself. While he loved the idea of the devices it was not something he really needed, so he would do without it.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

He felt the predator's eyes pass over him and he shrank internally under their gaze. He reminded himself that though he was young his sire sought fit to train him to be a Dragon and not fall victim to the weaknesses of their kind. "Indeed, good Slave Raluca? I will then," he says benignantly, taking careful steps around the kitchen and take in the sights and smells of his concoction. "It has been productive, yes," Chase admits, and by its absence that it has yet to be pleasant. "What is it, may I ask, that I am not interrupting?" Even seeing it, he couldn't well discern whether he was right to assume it was cooking. He knew they didn't carry any foodstuffs in the kitchen, but he saw nothing he recognized as kine food.

B
    Beej

The monk shifted to his left a little so he could talk with Chase better. “This is..well....” he paused and looked down a vial in the boiling water, his lips pursed and he arched an eyebrow as he thought of the best way to describing what he was doing without diving into a lengthy lecture. “I am heating my blood to relax it and unbind the power within. The Ordo have ability which we call Blood Alchemy. It allows one to bend one's blood into weapon or..share it's secrets. I am still loosening my blood in preparation, one step of many nights. Once I have successed I think I can give you greater explanation.” And a demonstration he thought as his eyes twinkle. He then waved his wounded right hand airly. “But how goes your Studies, Supplicant?”

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

Chase looked aghast at the idea of boiling one's blood willingly. How is it this man is so knowledgeable about such Ordo practices and yet only a Slave along the Coils? He felt, for a moment, that the elderly figure was toying with him somehow. Then again perhaps knowledge was the extent of his ability and that he lacked the stamina for more extreme bodily training. Yes, it had to be that...

"It fares, thanks to your tutoring. Blood Alchemy? Is that so? I've never had the opportunity to look into it before. Is it...unpleasant, loosening one's blood? The warmth..." he began, looking to the electric stove. Though there was no flame, as from a gas stove, he imagined the sensation of burning to be just as frightening.

B
    Beej

"That is wonderful to hear Supplicant." Teo smiles and dips his head in thanks for the compliment paid him. "Blooding oneself rarely is and reabsorbing when it is boiling is doubly so." He holds waves his wounded right hand slightly. "Tonight thankfully is not one such instance as I will be using ritual salve to reabsorb the blood while I rest during the day." He then looked back down at the vial in the water, pursed his lips for a moment as he eye balled the vial and then turned the heat down somewhat with his right hand. "Out of curiosity Supplicant," Teodor said looking back to the younger man. "How do you perceive the recent alterations to the Domain in the matter of Change? The chapter here follows the Philadelphian Rite and it is somewhat different in behavior to the Wallachian Rite which I am much more accustom to."

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

"Oh, umm, well I would say there is no simple answer I can give you," began Chase, feeling pressured by the vast separation of knowledge between them. Again he wondered if he were being mocked, or more likely tested by the monk to see how extensive Chase had been studying. Chase was at a loss for what these Rites represented, some interpretation of the philosophies, no doubt. He answered as plainly as possible, "I believe one must first and foremost simply be aware of Change. Lately, based on the Herald's announcements, many elders have vacated the realm and in their absence power and responsibilities have been placed in new hands. At least three Prisci have stepped down and there is talk of considerations of a new Reagent. Politics and power games. Among the kine there is talk of the end of days, superstitions of the Mayan calendar..." Chase trailed off a moment as his mind switched gears. "As for creating Change I believe we of the Ordo Dracul are primarily striving for individual betterment. The Grand Wyrm and Supplicant Villiers have also encouraged the members to secure the Chapter House so we might use its facilities safely and more frequently."

However these were mundane examples and likely not relative to what Teodor was asking. Still Chase had no other answer for him presently and waited the man's response.

B
    Beej

The monk's lips twitched in a small smirk briefly at the mention of the Mayan calander. Nothing like a mathematical calculation and an historical narrative to get the stupid to cry Apocalypse! Ankers answer was exceeding bland, containing nothing at all. Either he was being very cagey in his answer or he didn't get the thrust of the question. "Let me..." he started and stopped thinking of the best way to frame the question. "Prior to the departures, this was an..extensively Invictus run domain from what I saw. With the departures, the Offices of the Court are left largely to be filled. Baring Herald Villiers temporary stewardship of course. Based on your knowledge as resident of the domain, who do you anticipate being chosen to a position and how do you see those choices changing the Domain? I am curious because this is the first time I have seen...an American Court..transition?" the sentence ended in a bit of question as he was uncertain if he had chosen the last word correctly.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

"I would have to agree," said Chase, though to which of the statements he didn't specify. "Unfortunately this is also my first time seeing any sort of Court transition. If I haven't mentioned it before I'm only a few years into my Requiem and these sort of turnarounds are new to me. In Boston I only associated with our Chapter there which included my sire and grandsire. And since my arrival to Sacramento I've only begun to learn the operations of the Invictus hierarchy. I imagine one of their Covenant would be chosen, though I don't know of any member who does not already hold a title. But if I were to venture a guess, perhaps Bailiff Daniella Sage might be nominated for advancement. Either that or Madam Maskelyne, or both even. I'm not certain how that would bring much change, personally. Both are intelligent women with an attentiveness to formality." He was being honest, though disliked admitting his ignorance and lack of foresight.

"What sort of transitions are you used to seeing?" he asked Teodor as he leaned against the opposite counter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.