Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1211) Rook, Betony et Al

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Rook's mantle crashed against Betony's, the white-hot blaze of the Summer Furnace flashing against the urgency and winds, neither the victor. The Metalflesh's expression hardened slightly.

Oh Mal. Didn't I warn you what would happen if you didn't get a handle on your temper and attitude?

He wasn't surprised. He wasn't even disappointed. He found that one some level, he had been expecting something like this, although admittedly, it hadn't been Betony he had been expecting to lose patience. In some ways, it was probably better that it had been Betony. If it had been others, Mal probably wouldn't have had the time to cry out.

And then Morgan decided to come over and start shouting. The Red Victor turned his head slightly, raising an eyebrow. Her tune had changed a great deal, considering how much she had spoken up for someone who had maliciously attacked a random woman who had done nothing to her.

"Don't shout," he said flatly. "Your temper will solve nothing here, Morgan. I'm dealing with the situation." He looked back to Betony, feeling the Board's confusion at what was effectively an ally attacking an ally, which of course, could not exist. Therefore one was an enemy, but which...? No.

The Board was no help here.

"Betony, I appreciate your frustration. I would probably lose my temper if someone was insulting my Court as well. Regardless, this situation needs to be presented to the Sovereigns now."

Betony looked down at the Beast wearing the ridiculous outfit, the frown on her brow becoming more prominent by the second. "I did not lay a hand on her," she simply said to Morgan, wondering why she had suddenly intervened in something that was none of her concern. "Now, why don't you listen to the Red Victor's words and let those in charge handle this situation accordingly?" The Witch stared into the Steepescrambler's eyes for a moment, her potent Mantle flaring around her. "You know, I once heard a story about a little girl who couldn't keep her nose out of other people's business. I don't recall the full extent of it, but I recall the ending not being very pleasant..." the Ogress let her words trail off, the masked threat already delivered the raccoon girl in a soldier's outfit.

Turning back towards Rook, the Witchtooth gave him a nod. "I have no qualms with presenting my case to the Dread Queen," she said to the Metalflesh, glancing over at Terri for a moment.

3 suxx Intimidation @ Morgan
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-05 13:00:32 Betony Rue Jasons rolls 12 to Manipulation+Intimidation+Status to make subtle threat (10 Again) 9, 2, 9, 8, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 7, 4, 3 3 successes

Origins , please roll Resolve+Composure to contest the roll

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Bye Spine
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-05 14:46:46 Morgan Bellanar rolls 5 to Seeing if the spine stays put (10 Again) 10, 2, 6, 3, 4, 5 1 success

"Y-y-yes sir. Leaving to the sovereign-ez. Th-that'd be blessed--er best. Th-they know the stuff for fixing this kind of stuff with the politicking stuff, heh. Best to, you know, leave them to their thing which is what is goings on here, heh." Morgan took a few quick steps back to be closer to Mal and Molly, though her back was still to them. Her eyes darting between Rook and Betony, fear creeping in past the rage and the drunk.

Her instincts were in conflict with her mind and each other. Big angry thing in front, run! Nonono, wolf needs help, must help. No, fight. No, puke. Nonononono! None of those, calm and think. Big angry scary thing in front-- She started to sweat as her mind warred with the conflicting priorities and her stomach. Looking back she noticed Molly, and her brain slowed down, What the--are those wings? Turning back to keep an eye on the scary snake hair lady, her heart rate started to slow, but she was far from calm. The panic was gone though fear remained, her stomach was staying put, and her mouth was silent.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Gliding from the throne, the Autumn Sovereign often wondered if the Freehold would ever be able to have a social event that isn't marred by drama of the highest order. With careful eyes, she observed as Rook joined Betony Rue and Mal, watched as Molly acted as the Hunterheart's comforter, and looked in with concern as Morgan decided she would interpose herself between the Ogre and Mal.

"What in heaven is going on?" The Dread Queen asked, looking between all involved, her eyes roaming mainly towards Rook and Betony Rue, the two members of the Freehold she had known the longest. With all the powerful Mantles present, her own swirling smell of baking bread joined the mixture, adding an element of tomorrow's concerns to the proceedings.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

Danny moved over, following Terri from the throne. His candlelight mantle couldn't hold a candle to the greater Autumn mantles in the area, and the lights were blown around by the bitter winds of Betony's power. He didn't look towards the Witch of the Bitter Wind straight away, his eyes focusing first on the downed Beast - it must have been her who screamed.

He thought he had caught a glimpse of a darkened mirror before Betony had resumed her form, and a creeping sense of memory flowed over his skin.

A memory of love, and darkness, and misery...

The Wizened felt no fear, which meant that the pang of sorrow and hate, and desire was all the more prevalent.

He looked towards Betony, waiting to hear her explanation.

K
    Kazakin

Rook's expression didn't waver as Betony forced the girl to back off. It didn't particularly strengthen her position in his eyes, but it didn't exactly weaken it, either. Tactically, it was probably the best way to make her leave. That didn't mean it was any less a show of force.

The Red Victor was about to move over to Terri, when the Autumn Queen descended to the scene herself. That made things much easier, though the immediate area around the three of them became a battlezone of powerful mantles, his white-hot fusion flares crashing through chill winds and being thrown back, and scorching and enhancing the delicious scent of bread.

"Hello, Terri. Apparently, Betony took a disliking to Mal's attitude. Best if she explains it herself."

The Metalflesh's voice was flat, and simple. Just a statement of the facts as he had assessed them so far. Nothing more.

As Terri approached the scene, the Autumn Witch turned her attention to her. The Steepescrambler was after all, the Dread Queen. When Rook gave a brief explanation of the situation, Betony nodded along with the Elemental's words. "The Hunterheart thought it was wise to mock your announcement, implying there was nothing that could cause her fear beyond that door," stated the Witchtooth in a matter-of-fact tone. "Unless it was one of the Gentry that stood behind it." The Ogress paused for a moment, letting the weight of her words settle in. "When I approached to inquire about her foolish words, I was met with not only an abrasive attitude from her part, but also insulting words," she said, as the frown upon her brow became more prominent with those words.

"Queen Nutkins, while this one may have just sworn her loyalty to the Freehold, I am afraid that her reasons for it are tainted by her inability to understand why such things are important," explained the Witch of the Bitter Wind, gesturing to the Beast who remained on the floor next to them. "Why should she fear swearing the oath to you? Such an act should put one at ease, help them to build trust with the rest of the Freehold. Yet, this Beast was reluctant to do so, and I have a feeling it is because she fears the repercussions of not being able to keep her word." There was another pause, and in that moment of silence the winds around the Witch could be heard blowing viciously around her. "I would keep a close eye on her."

The Witch fell to silence once more, the scowl ever present on her face. "My apologies for causing a scene," said Betony to her Queen, giving her a polite nod. "I just cannot stand for someone mocking the Leaden Mirror in such a way, especially during our festivities." She paused once more, as her powerful Mantle flared around her, the sense of urgency becoming stronger by the minute. "My only intention was to show the Beast that fear is not something to be made fun of, especially not during our season."

G
    Greebs

Wallowing in a pit of horror, pain and despir, it took some time for the body-wracking sobs to slacken, the pulse thundering in her ears to drum a quieter tattoo, and the gentle ministrations of an Irish midget to bring Mal back from the brink.

The dull murmer of voices was the first thing to penetrate her conciousness. This was then immediately drowned out as her heart drummed against her chest once again, in brittle hope the nightmare had been just that, and she was not in fact that mad, abandoned, isolated creature she had seen in the mirror.

She opened one eye a tiny crack, and before immediately clamping it shut again, amidst the whorls of light and dark spots, she saw feet. All sorts of feet, all different sizes!

She swallowed painfully, finding her throat dry. "...oh." She tried to speak, and was slightly horrified at how much her voice was trembling. "...that wasn't just in my head."

She groaned as she tried to shift a little. Everything hurt. Things she wasn't even sure she was supposed to have ached. She could feel something in her hair. But at least that didn't hurt.

On unsteady hands, her elbows shaking under her meagre weight, she pushed herself back onto her haunches. She wanted nothing more at that moment than to be able to stand. The pain, the tiredness, the racing heart and mind, she could bear it all if only she could rise to her feet. She wasn't so proud she felt shame at fear. But she could not face being ruled by it, now more than ever. While it would have been wiser to just lay down and give in to it, to wallow in darkness and exhaustion until morning. When everyone had gone, and even if the Bitch of the Witter Binds just knocked her down again. Put a fear so deep into her that her heart stopped, she would spend the last ounce of her strength trying to stand. To hurl her defiance at the sky, if there was nobody else to take note of it.

Every one of the Lost defied their keepers in their own way, but to the young Beast, there was no point in a life spent defying Them, and then bowing the knee to a mortal tyrant instead.

Particularly when the difference between one and the other wasn't especially clear...

Groping at the arm stroking at her hair and following it to the shoulder at the end, she gave it an appreciative squeeze before planting her feet and other hand firmly against the floor and pushing herself up.

Failing to achieve sufficient momentum to lock her knees and achieve verticality, she sprawled back to the floor drunkenly, her head spinning and blacker spots swimming across the inside of her eyelids.

Chancing opening her eyes a second time, the realisation really sunk in that lots-of-little-feet had lots-of-little-legs, and lots-of-little-legs had lots of not-so-little people attached to them. Shame and horror at looking three sheets to the wind with the eyes of half the freehold on her sliced through all other considerations like a bucket of cold water to the spine.

On her second attempt, she managed to propel herself to her feet, swaying unsteadily, pale as a sheet and damp with a cold sweat. Blinking as everything seemed to swim in and out of focus.

D
    Decibelle

Molly ignores most of the goings-on, instead keeping her attention entirely on Mal, gently talking to her as she comes out of the panicked state the Witchtooth put her in. It hurts, watching that happen - deep down, on some primal, empathetic level. Nobody deserves to hurt like that. Heck, nobody deserves to hurt.

Quietly, she continues to stroke Mal's hair, voice soft. "Careful," she murmurs. "Take it easy for a moment, aye?"

When the Beast sprawls at the first attempt to stand, she's there to help, trying to lessen the fall with her own weight, and when she manages to stand a second time, the little Irish lass doe her best to help - even if it means having to stand on tip-toe to plant a hand on her back. "There y'go, there y'go..." She keeps a careful eye on Mal, ready to try and help her up again, should she fall once more. "Oi've got you. You okay?"

Stripes gets a shoulder under Mal's arm and nods to Molly.

"Maybe she should get a seat somewhere?" the tiger suggests, nodding in the general direction of 'away.'

Terri is involved now, giving Stripes a bit more confidence. The Dread Lady is usually the friendly sort, Black Jessica aside. Hopefully whatever happened can be cleared up. Best to get Mal away from the clashing, high-powered mantles for a bit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.