Ended
Watch

A Meeting Between the Herald and Miss Black

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low. Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is much, much quieter.

The silence is almost palpable. Though the low lit area which is heady with the bright scent of fresh lemons.

Tiny Martha sits on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and seems to be alone, but she knows Dillon to be close by.

Martha sits happy and studiously at a low coffee table which is piled with notes, printouts of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers, tables of spreadsheets for various Domain accounts, learned academic periodicals, PDF print-outs of FBI manuals and police procedural documents.

A carafe of freshly made iced lemonade and tall tumbler glasses rest on the coffee table too.

Martha sits prettily, meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a black 'winter pattern' felt broad brimmed cap of the Edwardian English school fashion and of the traditional winter design...the small embroidered cap badge seems to be of some heraldic crest and matches that of the embroidered badge on her neat black blazer. A pair of scholarly wire-framed spectacles are perched on the end of her nose.

She wears a long black gymslip which shows her remaining slim leg to mid calf. Her ebony black hair is tied into long neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with a large red silken ribbon bow.

Martha wears a white kneesock on her trim and athletically slim flesh leg and a carefully polished black Mary Jane shoe.

For some reason Martha is not wearing her C-Leg this evening, so her gymslip falls flat from high up her left thigh. Thereby revealing the outline of the extent of her leg amputation...shown clearly by the outline and small mound of her thigh stump.

A pair of crutches rest at her side on the couch. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie which is tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel rests close to her crutches.

Martha breaks from her study of the local State tax documentation to glance, attentive and alert, over to The Stairs to see if Allison is arriving...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Allison Black

Allison Black

Daeva •• | Domain • | Unaligned

BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP •••(•)
    Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

Allison felt it a necessity to arrive early. While she initially thought it could have pertained to a masquerade breech, all she had heard from cacophony of gossip began to paint a different picture. Allison did not dabble in politics by choice, but someone else asking was a entirely different matter. While the night life of Allison seemed like a party, with no apparent purpose, save to Allison...The reality of things was a entirely different matter.

Allison remembered when she first arrived in Sacramento, that they were dealing with threats from abroad and in reaction Allison fell deep into the Cacophony. Now it was to the point where word of other domains whispered softly into her ears.

The Masquerade Breeches? Almost effortless for Allison to playfully tackle, and a smirk traced her lips as she thought back to working with Dillon at the hospital and how nervous he was of letting her go at it alone.

Allison held no ulterior motive for the things she did...nor did she brag about the things she had done...

It was hard for her not to help out...

This was home...

Allison shook away thoughts as she saw Martha upon the couch. It was strange to see her without her C-Leg, because most of the time Allison completely overlooked the fact that Martha was embraced like that.

A smile that could almost light up the lowly lit area, raced across her lips.

"Herald." Allison said softly as she gave Martha a curtsy out of reverence. "You are looking lovely as ever...I trust everything is alright?" Her tone trailed into one of concern...she knew it had been a bit chaotic lately.
    Allison Black
    Daeva •• | Domain •• | Unaligned
    BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP 3/4

"Our eyes they cannot see..."
    "They're wasted on people just like me..."

Played by Whisper

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was unable to speak for a moment. She simply watched Allison with wide, wide eyed. Studying her legs...her shoes...then her legs again. She tried a shy smile and made a gentle hand gesture, inviting Allison to sit close to her on the couch. Her voice low and soft but filled with sincerity; "Good...good evening, Miss! Thank you...thank you...! You look simply splendid too! Might I compliment you on your shoes too! Most splendid!" she added, taking the chance to steal a glance to Allison's legs again before offering another shy smile. "Please...please, Miss...do be seated! Fear not! You will find me in a good mood and there is nothing to be alarmed about! Quite the reverse, actually!" she giggled and fussed with her twin tails now as she watched Allison very carefully...as if eager to study how someone like Allison moves, walks and sits.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Allison Black

Allison Black

BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP •••(•)
    Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

With a smile, Allison moved over to settle down near Martha. "I do not recall ever seeing you in anything but a good mood." She glanced down for a moment. "I know it has been a bit chaotic lately..." She did not want to think too deeply into the times she had with some of those who had just left Sacramento.

"I am going to miss them all..." Allison glanced back to Martha as she tried to change her avenue of thought.
    Allison Black
    BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP 3/4

Played by Whisper

Martha Villiers

PRE

As Allison glanced back to Martha, she catches Martha looking at Allison's ankles. Martha nods glumly. The absence of her dear friends was felt keenly. "Yes...I shall miss them very much too..." she sighs and rubs hard at her amputated thigh. Looking down now to her own shoe.

Slightly bemused at this sudden change in direction and mood in the meeting, Martha needed to restore her mood, and swiftly. A shy smile is offered as she focuses her attention on Allison's eyes. Tiny Martha blinks.

Another brisk rub at her thigh. "I shall miss them, Miss, but...I wish to look now to the Future...will you help me do so?" she asks sweetly. Watching Allison's eyes with care and gentility.

Allison Black

Allison Black

Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

Allison gives a nod as a smile slowly makes its way across her lips. She felt a bit relieved that Martha shifted the subject away from the sad topic of departures.

"Of course...You know I will help in any way you ask." Allison shifted slightly in her seat for a bit more comfort.
    Allison Black

Played by Whisper

Martha Villiers

PRE

This was all too much for Martha.

As Allison shuffled a little closer, Martha simply had to stare at Allison's legs, ankles and shoes a little longer. As Allison edges closer Martha finds it now vital to place her hands under her own upper thighs in the manner of a schoolgirl eager to prevent fidgeting.

Once she has done these things in wide eyed silence Martha offers Allison a shy and meek in smile,
    "Thank you, Miss! You are very kind...I...I say, Miss Black...I wonder...might you and I share a little talk before I come to the matter of business I had in mind to discuss? I should very much wish to hear of your hopes and dreams or any other matters you wish to discuss with me! Your topic of conversation, I shall leave to you, Miss!" she almost whispers.

Allison Black

Allison Black

Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

Allison scrunches her nose with a smile. "Hopes and dreams...huh? Well let me think..." Allison tilts her head as her hand moves to her chin in thought.

"Right now just trying to do a little college and learn a little bit more..." She shifts the tilt of her head to the other side for a moment. "Also been working on listening in on the rumor mill that is the Cacophony..."

Allison purses her lips for a moment trying to consider where her hopes and dreams truly fell. "I honestly do not think my hopes or dreams have really changed since I was alive..."

"To be happy..."
    Allison Black

Played by Whisper

Martha Villiers

PRE

There is something in Allison's eyes and her hopes for the Future that makes Martha gently, very gently, offer a dainty hand to Allison. As if, perhaps, offering the chance for some comfort from woes. Martha nods in understanding.

"Might I ask, please, Miss...please, I wonder: how would this Happiness be recognized and known? Is it found or seen in safety? Observing great treasures of Art...or the making of music? Wealth? Perhaps even the joy you must feel in sharing your astounding beauty and grace with the world...?"

Martha's voice is almost a whisper as she tries to learn a little more about Allison.

Allison Black

Allison Black

Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I don't think it falls to any one thing and it doesn't feel like it is set in concrete..." Allison bites her lip for a moment, thinking of how to describe it. "The good and the bad shape who we are...and I think I will be happy to be something better than what I was a second ago..."

Allison looks back up to Martha. "What do we do with eternity anyways?"
    Allison Black

Played by Whisper

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread