Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1211) Consilium: Samael, Weavebreaker, and West

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Samael raises his glace to acknowledge the mage with the coke ( Weavebreaker ) and smiles.

He glances back West and snorts, fortunately before he takes his next drink. The man was both eminently more notable and confident than Samael. Not to mention that the priest collar Samael always wore acted as a faster deterrent than a wedding ring, and not nearly so often as a draw for those that inevitably tried to tempt others against their vows.

"I think she's looking at you. The women don't typically go after the priest first."

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Hmm

Weavebreaker couldn't quite make out anything that they said farther down the bar. She took a sip of coke and glanced about the place for a moment. Seeing all the awakened she couldn't help but think tonight is about socializing... With coke in hand she headed down a farther down the bar, towards them. Even as she moved to them, she seemed to still be keeping on eye on other things. It was hard for her to let her guard down...

"Hello..."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West bit off a reply that maybe she was just the type that liked a challenge, or turning the system on it's head. Someone like that girl in Bad Santa. He didn't really believe that, but it was much easier to make conversation with Samael by asking himself what he'd say to Kai or Uriel. And that's what he would have said; then again, neither of them were a priest, and probably would have taken the bait.

The reply was cut short by the approach, and West watched her alertness. It made that empty spot at his side more noticeable, like being a pothead feeding off of someone else's humor or paranoia. He upended his glass to chase the feeling away.

"Hi."

There's that saying, when a sports team makes it to the playoffs, and loses their first game: One And Done. That was also a pretty good description for his conversations with new people.
    Nimbus

Samael gives the young woman a warm smile. "Good evening." He glaces bemusedly at West's single-word reply. He offers a hand in greeting to Weavebreaker. "I'm Samael. I don't think I've seen you around before."

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker glanced between them. "I go by Weavebreaker...and it is a pleasure to meet you Samael and you." She glanced between them. "I have not been here all to long...and most of my time has been spent getting acclimated with school and Sacramento in general." She gave a shrug, a bit relieved that winter break was around the corner.

ooc

Samael's attention is briefly distracted as a couple different Mages arriving nod or wave in his direction. He gestures to Halo to join them if he wishes. Then a waitress brings him a second drink and he raises an eyebrow in surprise.

"Sorry," he says to Weavebreaker and West, "one moment." He turns to the waitress, his lilting accent a touch thicker in his confusion. "Thank you, but I didn't order a second drink yet."

The waitress smiles and gestures to the table where Reverb is speaking with Gallows. "The young man there asked me to bring it to you, with his compliments."

"Ah, I see," the priest responds, non-plussed, but raises the glass to Reverb across the room in thanks.

He turns back to the two at the bar. "I've been working with the young man on a matter of some import to the Community and our security," he says by way of explanation. I hope it's only that. Lord knows things could be awkward otherwise.

"School, then?" he asks Weavebreaker to resume the conversation. "Might I ask what you've chosen to study, and where?" It was, of course, the one question students got the most, and as a result hated the most, but it always worked well as an ice breaker.

A
    AethrDav

Aegis approaches West and his friend, who Aegis no realizes is not just dressed in black, but is actually a Catholic priest in full vestments. As he approached a young woman beat him there, and seemed to strike up a conversation.

Rather than barge in on the new conversation, though, Aegis position himself at the bar to listen as best he could through the thwump of the music, and to order himself a drink. If I get his attention, I'll approach, otherwise, I won't intrude... he thinks, watching West, the Priest, and this winsome young woman.

"Bombay and tonic, extra lime." he responds to the bartender's inquiry.

S
    Sabeleth

Entering from here.

Moving over to his fellow Guardian Halo raised a hand in greeting to the small gathering. "Hey everyone, how's it going?" He recognised West from the chess event, the guy with the Texan accent. "I remember you from the Arrow Field Day, I'm Halo." He offered his hand.

Weavebreaker and Samael he had met a couple of times now, and both received a smile. "Enjoying the music?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

He recognized Weavebreaker from the Arrow Field Day, and have a nod at her introduction. The school bit surprised him, a little.

Student by day, Arrow by Night, she's...

His imagination left him high and dry on anything that didn't involve pink hair. West noticed the others begin to appear. Of course Samael had flagged one down, but the group had was definitely growing past 'have a beer with Sam'. A polite, if slightly awkward and marginally insincere, smile appeared and he tapped the bar for another drink.
    Nimbus

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

The question almost gets washed away from the potential new arrivals. Remembering it, Weavebreaker decides to answer before it gets lost with other questions. "Engineering..."

Her blue eyes shift to Halo, recognizing him from here and there.

"This type venue is not really my thing..." She glances around the place, still feeling out of place. After a moment she notices West tapping for another drink and glanced down to her cup of coke...well cup of ice.

She placed it onto the bar and pointed for a refill...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread