Ended
Watch

The Greenest of Groceries

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Sally Romanov

Sally loved the farmers market in Davis. They have the loveliest of greens. She hadn't been out in a month, and her pallet was very not pleased with her. Sally pulled her car into the lot of the outdoor market and stepped out of her car. Every time she came here she remembered when she met the Elder, and how that experience changed her life. So many experiences, the lodge of scrolls continued to be with her in her experiences Sally reached into the back seat and grabbed her pack. The worn leather haversack that had been, nearly literally, around the world with her. In it was her mother's journal and hers.

Sally knew she should find a new pack, because every time she saw it she thought of her mother. And that gave her even worse thoughts. But Sally just couldn't part with it. The supple well worn leather of the pack was a comfort to her.

Sally moved into the Farmers market with a smile. She breathed in deep, inhaling the smells of the world around her. The Faithkeeper floated her way through the stalls slowly, admiring. This was standard practice for the Ithaeur, she would walk through the entire place before buying anything. She needed to do this, and limit herself to the three canvas satchels kept in her backpack right now, or she would get buyers remorse. For two reasons really, If she didn't walk through she would miss something, and if she didn't limit herself she would buy everything.

K
    Kazakin

As Sally passed by the stall, one rather familiar voice called out to her.

"Hey! How'd the tomatoes work out?"

It probably wasn't the most subtle or dramatic of greetings, but it was from a familiar face, at least - one of the stallholders Sally had dealt with once or twice before. Nicholas had turned up at the market once or twice before, enough to provide some of the produce that Gypsy's took in.

Nicholas' blue shirt was rolled up at the sleeves, showing tanned arms, and he was grinning broadly.

Nicholas Linden

S
    Sally Romanov

"Well hello Love" Sally smiled at the man as she made her way over to the man's stall. Sally gave him that flirty warm smile she reserved for good looking men and women. "Those tomato were lovely thank you." Sally admired the man's stall, "Could have I another batch please? A dozen maybe? Oh and some of those zucchini." Sally smiled with excitement as she pulled a satchel out of her backpack. "I can make some lovely tomato fritters with them for an appetizer."

K
    Kazakin

Nicholas grinned back in a way that indicated he was completely open to a flirty smile. And also to zucchini.

Because who doesn't love a zucchini?

"Sure. We just got the last pick this week,"
    he said cheerfully, bending a plastic bag over his hand as he scooped a dozen tomatoes out of the box and weighed them behind his stall. "Still experimenting? Because I have some great Eggplants just in, and they'd work in a moussaka - just the right firmness."

S
    Sally Romanov

"Ooo..." Sally says looking to the eggplant with a smile, "I've not had a good Moussaka in a long time. Well, that I didn't make myself." Sally says as she admires the fruit, picking one up and giving it a squeeze.

"You know you always have the best fruit. How do you do it?" Sally asked with a smile. He always has some of the best produce and seems to know exactly what he is talking about when it comes to cooking and what to do with the fruit. The amazing aromatics and the feel of the fruit just shows the love and care put into it.

K
    Kazakin

"Really? That's a shame. Everyone should have a night off from cooking - even people who own restaurants," Nicolas shot back with a broad smile, leaning on the side of his stall. He clearly wasn't one of those stall owners who minded people handling their produce, either - from his expression, he took Sally's gesture as a compliment.

At her question, he gave a bright laugh.

"Two things. One, some of this stuff I grow myself, and I love the work. And when you love work, you do it a better. And two, I know a lot of the local farmers really well, and they give me good deals because they know I'll pay a solid price. No magic to it - just hard work and good manners."

S
    Sally Romanov

"You know. Your not the only one who will pay a fair price. And I would buy in bulk if you were able to provide. Gypsy's is doing very well, and you would do better." Sally asked as she took a tomato, held it up to her lips and breathed in through her nose smelling the delicious produce. There was something else though... Sally raised an eyebrow, a scent she kind of recognized... but couldn't place with all the other delectable smells around.

K
    Kazakin

Nicolas flashed a broader smile, leaning forwards on the stall. His expression was clearly delighted - perhaps just as a tradesman making a good deal, but there did seem to be some more genuine enjoyment in there as well.

"Well, that sounds like something you and I should have a proper conversation about. I can certainly provide in bulk, if you're looking to get a full supply,"
    he said, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "This probably isn't the right place for it, though. It's hard to talk business properly over a market stall."

S
    Sally Romanov

"How often you do go to Sacramento?" Sally asked. "I will make you dinner, we can discuss numbers. Sound like a good idea?" Sally smiled and took a bite out of the tomato. The delicious pulp of the fruit flowed into her mouth and set her taste buds alight.

K
    Kazakin

Nicolas couldn't quite hide the fact that his eyes lit up at the idea, and then clearly decided there was absolutely no point in doing so anyway. He gave an enthusiastic nod.

"I come up every so often. There's a few good restaurants up there, after all, and I like making connections,"
    he added, before giving a quick laugh. "When did you have in mind?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.