Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1211) Consilium: Toren, Orpheus & Aenigma

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

After taking a long drink from the glass, Orpheus was about to respond to Toren when Nantale spoke up. Listening well, He waits for Nantale to finish. Taking sips from his drink at regular intervals.

Sighing a little, Orpheus speaks up after Nantalr finishs. "I've gotten a job at a lab fairly close to here actually. Scientist by day, Mage by night." Smiling at the irony of it. Well, techically he was a Mage at all times, but oh well."I'll probably start looking for an unclaimed hollow to use as a sanctum as soon as I can. It's been too long since I've been running hot."

"Other than that though, there's not much to tell. After awakening I sorta left everything back in New York." Orpheus stopped for a moment. "Oh well, nothing to worry about anyway." The obrimos takes another sip. "All in all just carving my own little niche into the area." He says grinning.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren took a long blank look at Nantale before speaking, "Oh, wow. Marriage? I had sort of given up on having a normal relationship. Is he also..." he began to ask and then realized it was probably inappropriate of him to ask. So instead he quickly changed the subject.

"Orpheus, that's quite an endeavor. Do you think you'd need any help locating one, a Hallow, that is? I was quite fortunate with mine. It rests on a spot where my grandfather's house resides and was used by my Mentor as a sort of pitstop, though he probably wouldn't want me saying so." Toren smiles, glad everyone was feeling open to talking about themselves and allowing himself the same luxury. He sipped on his drink and glanced to Aenigma with an approving look.

It was then that a voice floated above them, a welcoming announcement before the music took on another thick line of bass beats.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

C
    C_Lloyd

Nantale shot Toren a curious look as he changed subject mid-sentence. She wasn't sure why, but apparently the topic was a hard one for him so she simply frowned and listened as the Moros turned to speak to Orpheus. Despite the derailing, she was happy to hear more about her fellow Mystagogues, their goals, and their pasts. A little information can go a long way.

I wonder if I'll have the opportunity to check out that house.

The thought was interrupted by the rather colorful welcome to the evening's venue. Nantale smilled as the music shifted back into the pulsating, rhythmic bass. Once the distraction was over, she turned to back to Toren.

"That's a very interesting place for a Hallow to form. What sort of factors contributed to the hallow forming their? Is the house on a hill? A nexus, perhaps?"

Such curiosities were always a joy for Nantale to discover.

Orpheus had downed his third drink, or was it his fourth? He couldn't remember. Orpheus had sort of zoned out as he listened to the music and drank beer, by the time he realized Toren had asked him a question the conversation had almost turned away entirely. "Hmm? I should be fine by myself, but I'd appreciate the help." He chuckles softly as Toren goes on. "Pitstop's more fitting than anything else I could think of..."

The obrimos grimaced a little as the beat of the music changed, he despised Dubstep, but that didn't mean he couldn't bear it. Promptly taking another sip as the beat shifted back, "I absolutely hate dubstep, its like a bunch of cell phones going off in a tin can, or was it a bucket? Bottle? No..." Lost in his own little alcohol influenced world he forgot the saying he had heard once before. Orpheus laid down his drink after a moment, realizing he'd have to sober up a little before they actually start the meeting, nothing worse than being half-concious at a consilium.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Spurred on by Nantale's curiosity, Toren wasted no time in answering her question with a glint of excitement in his eye. "Ah, that is a very good question. While the house does sit upon a hill, I believe that the architecture itself somehow forms a nexus to which you refer. Since my grandfather's passing I've been living there in hopes of unlocking the secrets of the design. Of course it could very well just be a naturally occurring one. Both my mentor and my grandfather had a hand in building it..." He stopped himself, wondering if he had said too much about it. "But of course my father was never aware of any of this Awakening business, so again, probably just a coincidence." He was sure he'd asked his mentor, Obsidian, if his father ever had overcome his Sleeping consciousness. There are always rare moments when Sleepers do transcend the Abyss though they are fleeting at best. Whether that was the case with his grandfather it was unknown. But Obsidian, surely, had added something to the design of it, and there was no known Hallow there before then.

Turning to Orpheus he laughed and said, "Indeed I think it's a bit choppy and aggressive for my liking. I think I might sprain something if I tried dancing to it." Next he looked to Aenigma and commented, "Looks like Kiko's found her way to the Hierarch. I'm rather curious what she's like. Perhaps our little sister is putting a good word in for us?" Toren smiled thoughtfully at the idea.
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma had become silent as he waited for his drink, finally taking a slight sip from it once it arrived. He turned to listen to the others around him as they talked amongst themselves, keeping any thoughts on what they were saying to himself for the time being. When Toren gave his response to Nantale's announcement, the young Warlock couldn't help but chuckle. "I certainly feel you on that one my friend," he said to his Cabal mate with a little smirk. The best shot he had at a relationship in the past year had left Sacramento quite a few months ago, and even then, one couldn't really call that a normal relationship anyway.

Pushing the memories of Lux aside, he focused on the discussion about Sanctums and Hallows instead. "Yeah, Toren's grandpa certainly left him a great place," he chimed in, smiling at the other Mystagogues around him. "It certainly has served us well so far." The Censor took another sip from his martini, glancing over at the DJ tower as the mage with the dredlocks welcomed them. "Maybe you two can come over for dinner some time," he said, turning back to face Orpheus and Nantale.

When the Moros called his attention to their other Cabal mate, Aenigma glanced in the direction of the young Thyrsus and the Hierarch for a moment. "I'm sure she is saying nothing but nice things," he said as he turned back to face Toren and the others. "I haven't had the chance to meet our Hierarch myself, but that will change this evening of course." And with those words, he lifted his glass up to his lips once more.

C
    C_Lloyd

Nantale winked at, and raised her glass in toast to Aenigma after he responded to her mention of being married. He didn't think he was an Acanthus, but, does it matter?

Her question about the Hallow seemed to have sparked something in Toren - his responses were more vivid and exciting than she'd ever seen in him. To be fair, she hadn't known him long, or interacted with him much, but of her experiences, this was one of his most vital.

"You know, I may be of some help with that. If you know when to look, I can take a peek of the house as it was being built or remodeled. Time magic is extremely useful for that. And there are very few coincidences, my friend. Fate has a hand in everything."

Nantale literally beamed, showing her pearly whites when she was invited over for dinner. "I'd love to come over!" There was no concealing her excitement. For anyone else her age, it might have been embarrassing.

As Orpheus and Toren stopped to comment on the music, Nantale took a few moments to really listen to it.

"I don't mind it too much. It's mostly just too loud for my tastes, " replied the Enchantress after a few moments, her eyes closed and her body swaying with the beat. "I don't think I'd choose to play it on my own, though."

When she opened her eyes once more, they migrated over to Kiko. She didn't say anything, but she watched casually for a moment. "I think I should get around to meeting the Hierarch as well, eventually. Which one is the Hierarch?"

"Bzzzt bawww wubwubwubwub" Noctina makes noises akin to what one might expect to hear when a computer is having an epileptic fit, if such things were possible, clearly she was trying to imitate some sort of dubstep noise.

"Heya, hope you don't mind too much that I popped up, thought I would check in on my fellow mystagoogles and see how you were all goin! Also the hierarch tends to wear face paint so if you notice someone with face paint odds are its her, Avalon I think her name is. " Noctina said with a smile and addressed the brain trust that had formed in the rage.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Turning over to look at the new arrival, Orpheus frowns as Noctina begins making what was supposed to be dubstep " Hey Noctina. I was just saying how much I disliked dubstep, pardon my strong language. Care to join in?" Either way, it seemed that most of the mystagogues that weren't Kiko were all starting to congregate to one little. Realizing something, Orpheus says "Speaking of the hierarch, anyone here actually meet her yet?" Nantale obviously hadn't, and neither did Orpheus. Either way, he'd get an idea of who the new consilium leader soon enough.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Wow," said Toren with a distant look. "You'd be able to do that? I mean the Arcana of Time...I hardly know anything about it, but to be able to do that..." He thought about watching his grandfather when he was younger, building with his own two hands. And why stop there, he could witness the construction of all sorts of buildings. It made him consider the Time Arcana very differently.

He was about to excitedly agree to the prospect of inviting them for dinner when Noctina appeared with some colorful dubsteppian language. "Noctina! Good to see you, it's been a while." Toren went in for the hug as he would greet a friend. "We're doing good, just sticking to the bar and pleasant conversation. Hey, did you ever take up Ariadne on that assignment a while back, the one we talked about at the last Consilium? Just curious. You know, since then I've raised my understanding of Space somewhat. I might even be catching up to you." he smiled playfully at the thought, tapping a light elbow against her side.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread