Ended
Watch

Fancy Footwork

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    I
    Irina

In clothes that were less suited for the office work that she had been doing at The Forge, and a little more in keeping with workout attire, Anya stepped from her office to survey the lower levels of the club. Considering she was meeting L'aire at her place of work, it had provided her with the perfect excuse to work on for a couple of more hours.

Let it not be said that paperwork was boring.

There was always something to do at the club, and if a day was to come that she was at a loss for some sort of work to do for the day, then she was clearly doing something wrong.

Stepping behind the bar, Anya poured herself a glass of water while she waited for the other Fairest. While being drunk wouldprovide a good excuse for dancing horribly, it was not quite the impression that she was going for the first time around.

L'aire

S
    Sasha

The Fairest Dancer showed up at the Forge a little anxious to teach Anya, but not anxious about teaching. She’d come to really enjoy it since she moved to Sacramento, especially the children she taught. The adults sometimes… were a little frustrating or crass; particularly the men who showed up for lessons. There were times that she was positive they only wanted to have a good feel. Sadly so thwarted when L’aire showed them their hands didn’t belong on her ass. Pigs Despite enjoying attention sometimes, there were certain things that were utterly disgusting.

The Winter entered through the clubs main doors. She wore a typical rehearsal attire, black pants with a skirt and a shirt all lycra; easy to move in. A black bag slung over her arm and in it’s contents a few necessary things, rehearsal shoes, some music just in case and a change of clothes.

Easily spotting the beautiful Draconic Fairest behind the bar, L’aire smiled as she walked toward her. “Good evening, Anya. How are you doing?” She said with a happy lilt in her voice.

I
    Irina

The Draconic glanced up as the door to The Forge opened, and she tracked the progress of the incoming winter Courtier as she headed over to the bar. With a quick study of her clothes, the Draconic could at least be certain now that her own attire was also appropriate.

She raised a hand in greeting, and smiled against the rim of the glass as she took a sip of the water. The Draconic looked ever bit as relaxed as the last time L'aire and she had been at The Forge, albeit this time her yellow eyes observed every little thing with a closer scrutiny.

"Quite well," she replied simply. "How was your work?"

S
    Sasha

The Dancer strode toward the bar with the usual rhythmic motion in her step. She was in a pleasant mood, especially since she was doing something she adored. “Working with the kids on the Nutcracker is always a wonderful time.” L’aire smiled genuinely. She also couldn’t help but remember a rehearsal attended by an amazing individual.

“After that was the usual repertoire of men looking to impress their significant others.” The Fairest Dancer rolled her eyes a tick shook her head. There was a little more to it than that, but by her quick gestures it was probably easy to tell how it truly went.

Looking around the venue of the Forge, L’aire looked for signs of anything that may have been on the floor. “How about here today? Anything exciting happen?” A genuine smile of interest as she peered around. It was the Forge, and the place was usually hopping for one reason or another. Her violet eyes peered up to the mezzanine, wondering if Spartan was there.

I
    Irina

It was maybe a little bit unusual, considering L'aire had thus far only known the Draconic when she was in her most teasing mindset, but the other Fairest's mention of her work with the children elicited a little smile from Anya. It was almost fond, perhaps as a memory came to her.

"I imagine it is," the Draconic agreed, but quickly allowed a sharp laugh to surface. "And how did that go?" she questioned, as she poured a second glass of water for L'aire. It was only polite to offer a beverage, even if it was only water.

"Oh, I re-ordered the accounts. It was terribly fascinating."

S
    Sasha

"Thanks Anya." The Winter Fairest gratefully smiled to the freshly poured glass of water. “The kids are always beaming with excitement. Some days when we have to do things repeatedly I keep watch to their faces to see if they’re bored. Most often they never are.” The Dancer spoke in an energetic fashion. Truly passionate about working with the kids, her eyes may have even sparkled while she spoke of them.

But as she touched on the other point of her evening, her violet eyes had a fleck of something else in them. Shrugging a little adding to the rest of her day. “And with the others, sometimes I wonder who the men they’re attempting to impress. Their female counterparts… or me.” And the last bit may have alluded to the fact it didn’t impress her. “But even so, I’m still doing what I love. Not every job is perfect.” The Fairest chuckled a little and took a drink of the water. Normally, she’d refuse it. Yet, it was hard to refuse a beautiful Draconic in a place where she worked. Not to mention, Anya didn’t seem the type to do such things. She hoped.

“Sorry, I ramble a little sometimes.” The Fairest breathed in and released a chilly breath of air. Flipping her hands toward Anya she grinned apologetically. “But we all have our niches, like accounting.”

You’re talking to much L’aire. The Winter Dancer was beginning to wonder if she managed to annoy Anya in the first five minutes…. Great…

I
    Irina

"When a child truly wants to do something, few thing can dull their enjoyment; including repetition. They just need to be engaged," Anya replied, and her voice maintained its uncharacteristic public warmth. It was clearly something that the Fairest had more than a passing familiarity on the subject, but she refrained from volunteering any personal experience of her own.

She drained the glass of water and set it aside, as L'aire took hers.

Anya smiled, and waved a taloned hand in a gentle but dismissive gesture. "No one is immune from rambling sometimes," she answered, letting the other woman know there was no reason to be embarrassed, without actually pointing it out. Sure, the Draconic did not ramble but she was not exactly normal.

"So, what's on the agenda?"

S
    Sasha

L’aire chuckled softly with a nod. “Oh you’re absolutely right Anya.” Smiling and thinking of their little faces for a moment. She’d never had any kids of her own, so it was a new experience to teach them day in and out. “Still, I think I enjoy it too.”

The Winter Dancer was relieved the purply Draconic didn’t mind her incoherent babble. She shrugged a little as she took a drink of water while Anya asked the question. “Well, I guess the first thing I’d like to know is if you’ve done any dancing. Any sort at all?” Smiling curiously to the Summer Fairest.

L’aire needed a jumping point, no pun intended. Some place to begin and it was a typical question she’d asked others when they came to the studio. Gawd I need my own space.

I
    Irina

Anya took the question to indicate that the time was rapidly coming where she would actually need to exhibit some skill in dance. She was fortunately aware of where he talents lay and, though she was graceful, the technique behind dancing remained something of a mystery to her. While the Fairest may have been able to move fluidly when fighting or engaging in other physical pursuits; dancing was a completely different ball game.

"Very little," Anya had to admit, but laughed the lack of expertise away. "I think the last time I tried to dance seriously it was a waltz."

It had not gone so badly really, although her husband had most certainly led the dance. He always had been better at her at activities such as that.

The rest of the wedding had been wonderful, too.

S
    Sasha

At least Anya didn’t lie to her, or attempt to brag at something that wasn’t there. Since she began teaching in Sacramento she’d heard more often than not ‘oh I dance all the time, I watch Dancing with the Stars so I know what I’m doing’. Yeah…no were generally L’aire’s thoughts after the first 30 seconds. But at least they wanted to learn.

Just like the beautiful Draconic.

“Well, that’s a step above most.” L’aire said happily. “A waltz may be rudimentary to some, but it’s still a starting place.” The Fairest took another drink of water and looked around the Forge. She’d seen concerts take place, so there was obviously a stereo system somewhere.

“So a couple things first. What would you like to learn to start off? Some general partner dancing, or solo dancing?” Although the Winter Fairest could guess which one. She’d seen Rook and Anya interact here and there.

“The other is music. We should probably start out with something slower. But the song choices are all yours.” Grinning to the Draconic as she spoke.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.