Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
A Christmas Carol

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last

Perry diCarto

Perry glances back, indeed. He'd heard the melding of the manager's words with his client's, seen the rumpled clothing - it was plain as day that something was going on in that man's dreams. So, with a flick of his eyes, Perry made him want to talk to him about it quietly, to tell them what he'd experienced and ask for their opinions, because it really would bring him relief just to get it off his chest.

"Hey, stay here and rest for a few. I'll be right back when the cops come in. Let them know you're represented by me and that I'm present, okay?" He smiled. "Just got to check in with the folks I showed up to meet real quick."

Perry stepped away, keeping an eye on his client even as he walked over to Shin and Malcolm. "Hey, guys, sorry about that! New client," he said with a smile and a nod to the Macy's manager. He offered the guy a shake. "Perry diCarto. How you doing, mate? " he smiled at the manager, hoping his presence and the little tweak from Spring would help them get this done.

Catch met on Growth of the Ivy. to make him want to talk to Perry about the dreams.

4 sux before deductions/penalties on GotI
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-01 10:48:52 Perry diCarto rolls 9 to Growth of the Ivy vs. Macy's Manager (10 Again) 9, 7, 7, 5, 8, 8, 4, 5, 10, 6 4 successes

S
    Shin Wei

The slightly-worried expression on Shin's face dissolved as Perry made his way over towards them. Finally, someone who could actually carry on a conversation without being bluntly honest, like Green, or completely clamming up, like himself! He wasn't quite sure how to communicate the few things he'd managed to glean about the Macy's manager to Perry without the guy catching on, but it seemed that the lawyer had already put together the salient points. As Perry grinned easily and greeted the stressed man warmly and genuinely, Shin felt... not jealousy, precisely, but the sort of confused awe that one might feel listening to a nuclear physicist talk shop.

Shin settled back in his chair, feeling like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders, and got back to what he was really good at - sitting silently and listening to whatever it was this man had to say.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Uh... yeah... how are things. With you." The mountain said in response to the Fairest's query.

Green doggedly continued to "read" the paper. The page remains open, displaying the stories that had first attracted the Elemental's attention.

The manager's body language changes subtly and he lets out a long breath. "It's been rough, I can tell you that. The holidays are always busy, but these dreams aren't making it any easier. Do you know what it's like to have your past played back in front of your eyes, and twisted like that? The thing with Corey was just business. Sure he never forgave me for wining that promotion over him, but school friends drift apart anyway. Its not my fault if he never had the guts to do what it takes to succeed in a commission-based business. He ended up as an investment broker of all things, so it worked out for him in the end, right? I don't know why I'd dream of him killing himself though. But then it happened."

The man sits back down at the table and continues. "And then two nights ago seeing Patty from the makeup counter like that? That was horrible, seeing her spending Christmas on the street, dying of frostbite. But it doesn't make any sense. She's got that boyfriend that works in.....oh something that makes money, I don't remember what. The point is she's not going to be out on the street cause I fired her, and it was justified! The girl was stealing items from the returns piles. And frostbite in Sacramento? Come on." He shakes his head, "it doesn't make sense. But then yesterday on the way home from work there she was, on the corner gathered around a barrel with the other bums."

He looks up somewhat plantively. "I must be going crazy, but these things I dream, they're happening. And I'm not a total idiot. I've read Dickens. This isn't exactly the same, but the pattern is there. Next time, I know who dies." He suddenly looks up at Perry, "Well now, isn't that strange. Why did I tell you all of that?" He looks like he wants to be upset or maybe suspicious but is just too tired to care. "Well, you're helping Richard, so you can't be all bad."

Perry diCarto

Perry smiles as he listens to the man's long discussion of what was happening to him. The guy was plainly suffering from something in his dreams, just like Richard. "Yeah, I'm going to do my best for Richard," the Shadowsoul said pleasantly. "Tell you what, mate." He sat down across from the guy and motioned to Shin and Malcolm. "Just relax, pop a pill, and dream of something way better than all that, eh? Like having a drink with me and my friends at a fun club or something, that'll make it better! There they are, Malcolm and Shin," He chuckled, all pleasant as he tried to wriggle the mortal into pledging with them as he introduced his pals. "What's your name, man?"

Let me know if you'd like a Persuasion roll or something. If he goes for it, I'll spend a Willpower to lock in.

Perry diCarto please make me a Manipulation + Persuasion roll to convince the man who is hopped up on uppers to avoid sleep take some downers as a chaser. :P And to agree to the pledge.

C
    Cross

4 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-05 22:50:44 Perry diCarto rolls 10 to Persuade Him to Pledge! (Manip+Per+Pledge+SL) (10 Again) 6, 1, 8, 8, 8, 7, 1, 7, 9, 2 4 successes

S
    Shin Wei

Shin listened with interest as the Macy's manager spoke. It was interesting how the man didn't waste time with small talk, but went straight into pouring out his fears to the lawyer. Shin chalked it up to Perry's "social mojo", but it was just as likely that he'd been waiting for a chance to get it off his chest and the foo dog just hadn't been able to pick up on that.

Shin found himself tapping a finger in time to a melody in his head, and only after some thought did he recognize it as one of the songs from the 1970's Scrooge film. Well, that was hardly surprising - the man's story seemed like a bit of a modern remake. He frowned, dredging that particular story up from memory. Something the man had said seemed wrong to him...

"He didn't die." Shin said finally. "Scrooge, I mean. Or Tiny Tim. They were fine. There was a happy ending with singing and Christmas pudding."

He shrugged. Pointing out plot points in a dull monotone was about as reassuring as he could get.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

If Green was still fully human, he'd probably have chimed in by now, attempting to bounce off of Perry in an effort to create the sense of friendliness the Fairest was trying to achieve. Sadly, Green is an Elemental and a lot of those old social nuances are lost on him - bouncing off his hard, rocky exterior like rain or wind. The best he can manage is a casual turn of the head while he "pretends" to read.

"Uh... yeah... Perry is a real life of the party, he is," is about all he can manage. "You could do with a night off though. You look like you're about to keel over. And that would do nobody any good." That part, at least, was sincere.

"Michael Westerman," the manager replies to Perry, half-heatedly holding out a hand to shake. He glances at Shin and shakes his head slightly. "I know that. The problem is that Scrooge's dreams didn't come true. And he had something to repent about. It wasn't like Bob Cratchet or Tiny Tim were stealing, now, was it?" He turns back to Perry with a wan smile, "I wish it were that simple, that people could just decide what to dream. But you're right, I can't just keep going on with out sleep, can I? Some of those pills are supposed to keep you from dreaming, though. If I don't dream they can't come true, right?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-10 11:45:07 The manager rolls 3 to composure (10 Again) 3, 8, 5 1 success

While he doesn't want to dream, it seems his still agreed to get some sleep, 1 willpower from each Lost should seal the pledge and give you access to his dreams.

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread