Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
A Word with Winter (Private)

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

The Winter Fairest felt the pit of her stomach twist as she waited the mere seconds it had probably been between the time she finished speaking and Katrin replied. To Katrin’s first words, L’aire knew she was a responsible adult moreover a responsible Changeling. “Yes, of course Your Highness. I’d never dream of endangering a place that I now call home.” Despite the Ice Queen’s eye lock on her own, L’aire wasn’t nervous to speak of something she believed in, never thinking she’d call here or anyplace else home.

But what Katrin said next about cherishing things was a bit of a shock. L’aire just slowly nodded in agreement. Everything was ripped away once because of Arcadia or her pride. L’aire wasn’t about to let that happen again.

Then the Onyx Sovereign started throwing out a word that the Winter Fairest was struggling with as it was. How did dating translate into the L word? L’aire still had no reason to argue with what the Queen was saying and she wasn’t sure if that was a smile or a twitch that passed over the woman’s face. “Yes, I truly understand that about emotions…and Them.” Only remembering segments about her Keeper and how blank they seemed to be; uncaring and cold.

What the hell Katrin, dropping the L bomb on me. And then a tidal wave of realization hit the Fairest Dancer. Why would she have come to her Queen if it was only casual? As much as her subconscious tried to sabotage her, L’aire also saw something else now. A determined look was in her violet eyes now as she answered Katrin’s last question. “Whatever I could without giving anything away, yes.”

Something else struck the Winter Dancer as Katrin's words replayed in her head. "I'm sorry I don't have more to add." She paused and looked at Katrin in honesty. "Nothing you said I disagree with, as these are my concerns too." Slightly tilting her head pursing her lips a moment before speaking. Sighing, she shook her head. "I'm not the greatest with words anyway." L'aire admitted, knowing the Onyx Queen had seen her true talent once before. If the Fairest had strived to be perfect, surely she was no better from what lies in Arcadia.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin remained silent, listening to the Dancer's response. When L'aire apologized about not having much more to add, the Winter Queen waved the apology away with her right hand. "There is no need to apologize, no?" she said to the violet-eyed Fairest without breaking eye contact with her. "I am glad to hear that you understand these things well, yes?" There was a brief pause before the Treasured then added one last question.

"I am curious about one thing though," said Katrin, her eyes still fixated on the Dancer's. "Have you thought about ensorcelling this man?" Another brief pause, which perhaps seemed a little longer than it was due to the question. "I do not mean right now, but perhaps in the future, no?"
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

S
    Sasha

The Dancer was internally relieved that her response was suitable for Katrin. After all, some of the others in their Season were far less talkative than she. Despite being a bit familiar with Russian culture, putting yes? and no? at the end of statements did get confusing. L’aire wasn’t sure if she wanted a further answer or not.

But then the Onyx Queen mentioned something a bit out of her realm. The Winter Fairest was puzzled to what she was getting at. Is this more L word stuff? Granted, the Dancer was beginning to realize how deep her emotions went. Like being gobsmacked....in the chest.

“I’m uncertain what ensorcelling may be your Highness.” The Dancer said with honesty. “What ever it is, it may be something to consider.” Though L’aire didn’t have the foggiest idea what she spoke of, which was a bit embarrassing.

Fail aka why occult does matter sometimes lol
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-24 13:28:38 Sasha ensorcelling wtf rolls 2 to Occult -1 (10 Again) 2, 3 failure

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

If Katrin was surprised by what L'aire had just told her, she did not show a sign of it. Instead, she nodded to the other Fairest, attempting to seem understanding in this situation. "I it is something to consider, yes? And to consider it carefully of course," said the Winter Queen to the violet-eyed Dancer. "Ensorcellment is a sort of pledge one swears with a human, which allows them to see through the Mask, no?" She paused for a moment, allowing for her words to sink in.

"It is truly a double-edged sword though, for such a pledge can help keep them safe in some ways, while it endangers them in others, yes?" said the Onyx Queen, making sure that L'aire understood where she was going with this. "Ultimately, it is your decision L'aire. That said, you should keep in mind that bringing this man closer to our society, will certainly increase the risks of him being exposed to things he shouldn't, no?" And while the rest remained unsaid, the message was still perfectly clear in her eyes. The closer he is to the Lost, the closer he is to the Gentry.
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

S
    Sasha

The Winter Dancer carefully let what Katrin said sink in. “This is nothing to make in haste.” She said affirming her Queen’s words. L'aire felt as though she needed to protect him from all of this and from her world. If she were to break the laws or anything else, it would have to be out of a dire threat of something. Not to mention, would he even look at her the same way he did now.

“And I agree, it certainly is a double-edged sword.” L’aire hadn’t changed her position, but still kept mulling over what the Onyx Sovereign said. “I understand that those are high risks to take but as it stands now, I’d rather not expose him to maintain as much distance from Them.” L’aire knew this was her decision at the moment, but still something to consider in the future as Katrin had mentioned. She had been cautious thus far and didn’t want to do anything to gain unwanted attention from Gentry. Things were different now, especially since she wasn’t constantly on the move.

“Thank you for helping me to understand this much more.” The Winter Fairest said honestly and gratefully. Moreover she was grateful Katrin wasn't mad at her for coming to her with this.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

Katrin nodded at the Dancer's words, agreeing with the statement. When L'aire went on to express that she did not wish to expose her mystery man to the world of the Fae, the Winter Queen brought her hands together in front of her, the slightest of smirks forming on the corner of her perfect lips. "Good, good. I am glad you have come to understand these things yourself, yes?" she said to the violet-eyed Fairest, pleased by what she had said on the matter. "It has been my pleasure to assist you with this L'aire. A real queen knows when to lead, and when to listen, no?" With those words, the smirk returned to her lips for a brief moment.

"Was there anything else on your mind?" she asked her fellow Fairest after a moment's pause. "If you do have any more questions or concerns, feel free to speak up, yes?" Katrin made an inviting gesture with her right hand, bidding the Dancer to speak freely if she so desired.

S
    Sasha

L’aire didn’t expect this from Katrin at all. Perhaps its part of why the Dancer really couldn’t add anything. The Winter Fairest knew she should discuss it with her Queen even though it could have been costly, but that was a risk she needed to take. For reasons her subconscious kept holding back apparently. “Yes, Your Highness, and I’m very grateful for that.”

And then there was the beautiful woman’s faint smirks and smiles. That was even more unexpected.

Briefly, L’aire’s brows knitted together in thought before replying as if trying to think about the other thing she was going to mention. “There was something, yet I unfortunately cannot remember at the moment.” Her tone gently apologetic. Hopefully the beautiful Fairest before her understood what lack of memory at times was like. And sometimes for the best as she’d noticed in others.

Something struck the Winter Dancer as felt the Mantle of her fellow Winter. “But how about you? Do you have any questions for me at all? Or maybe concerns about anything?” The Dancer smiled softly trying to offer her ear a little. If her Queen could listen to the ramblings of a smitten woman, L’aire wondered if anyone took the time to actually speak to Katrin as something more than just the ice queen.

Albeit, L’aire was internally wondering if she shouldn’t have asked or said anything. There ya go, running your mouth again.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

"Well, when you recall what it was you wanted to ask me about, feel free to do so, yes?" said Katrin in response to L'aire's words, making a slight gesture with her right hand. "The only question I have is in regards to your role in the Court, no?" The Winter Queen's icy gaze met the Dancer's violet eyes. "Have you put any thought into that, L'aire?" she asked, curious to hear what the other Fairest had to say.

S
    Sasha

“Thank you, and I will do that.” L’aire nodded to Katrin’s mention of speaking when she remembered. She really felt ridiculous that she had forgotten, but still, the Winter gained some valuable lessons.

When the Queen of Icy Beauty asked the Dancer her role, she paused a moment to collect her thoughts so they were at least somewhat coherent. “Yes, I have Your Highness. But more or less where I would fit is what I’ve pondered.” L’aire said with honesty.

Her hand gracefully opened palmed toward herself a moment. “I’m a bit different than some of our other members from what I’ve noticed.” L’aire said deducing from what she’d encountered with those of their court. “I’m a little more on the social side I would guess.”

Then to Katrin, her palm opened in offering to the Onyx Sovereign. “I’ll help in anyway I can. Maybe to keep Winter safe in my own way, if possible.”

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

Katrin listened to L'aire as she spoke, keeping eye contact with the Dancer as she paid close attention to her reply. Once the violete-eyed Fairest had finished speaking, the Winter Queen spoke up in response. "Finding one's role can take some time, yes?" she said, making a slight gesture with her right hand as if to wave off the Dancer's worries. "We are all different from one another in our own ways; we've got Them to thank for that."

There was a slight pause as the Treasured let her words hang in the air, her flawless eyes still looking into L'aire's. "You are a bit more social than most, no? Well that is to be expected of us Fairest, isn't it?" said Katrin, a slight smirk forming on the corner of her lips for a brief moment. "Besides, those who are socially inept are usually unable to keep a secret, yes?" And obviously, secrecy was of great importance to the Silent Arrow.

"We all have our ways of helping L'aire, and you do not need to know exactly what your role is just yet," said the ice Queen after a moment's pause, giving the other Fairest a single nod. "All I ask is that you put some thought into it, no?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.