Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Drinkin' Booze and Meetin' Terri (private)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Perry diCarto

The Four Seasons. The hotel was home to some, and frequented by many others. The hotel's bar was effectively a home to some others, and a popular meeting place besides. Perry removed his large coat as he led Tom Gubben and Lou to the bar, taking a seat at the big booth that he usually inhabited when the place wasn't absolutely rammed. It afforded him a view of the door and most of the room; it was comfortable.

"So, welcome to the Four Seasons," he said to Tom. "First round's on me - and Terri'll be here soon." The lawyer grinned, raising a hand in greeting to Sam. "The usual, please, and whatever my friends will have."

Belvedere and Seven on rocks. Nice.

Hanging the coat up on the side of the booth, he took a seat. "That's Sam. He's outstanding," he said, motioning lightly with his head to the bartender.

E
    Ecalsneerg

Tom looked curiously about the bar area. Nice place. "Uh... Bud, please," he said to the bartender, raising his hand.

"Thanks for the drink," he said to Perry. "And the help." He nervously drummed his fingernails on the table. "So, uh... I'm not sure how much this Freehold stands on ceremony, how should I be addressin' this Miss Nutkins?" Tom had a flickering moment of realisation. "Though, admittedly, I am from the South... Ma'am covers a truck full of ills," he grinned broadly.

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou wasn't much of a drinker, so he did not often frequent the Four Season's bar. However, it was a good place to set up meetings and do business with other lost, and he'd become quite familiar with the place.

"I'm don't drink, so I'm not really here often, " Lou said as he took his seat at one of the barstools. "But I haven't heard anything but good things about Sam's bartending." The Draconic turned to the ensorcelled bartender with a smile. "I'll just have a glass of water."

Perry diCarto

Perry smiled, whispering, "Still public," and gave Tom a little 'no worries' kind of wink, nodding to Lou's drink choice unbegrudgingly. The Four Seasons had plenty of regular folks passing through it - talking about the Freehold in public was something Perry was fairly certain would get @Rook annoyed, and ran lots of other risks besides. "No problem. Ma'am is good. Usually she just goes by Terri."

The Dread Queen was scarily pleasant sometimes. It was part of her power. He knew what could happen when Terri decided she meant business, though.

"So you're from down South, eh? Whereabouts?" he asked, curious about this newcomer's story.

E
    Ecalsneerg

Tom nodded vaguely at Perry's words. He wasn't sure he liked the sheer level of paranoia about talking about the Freehold, given the odds of someone both not already being aware of it, and being able to pierce the Mask. It just seemed excessive to him. Being seen as a nut was a small price to pay for not having to live life with your head over your shoulder.

"I'm from, well... all over. My... pops was a complete piece of shit." His voice had a harshness and bitterness entirely at odds with his entire demeanour in the very brief time Lou and Perry had known him. "But eventually, after roadieing for a few years, I settled down in San Antonio. Set myself up shop as a carpenter. Then..." He sighed at the fact they were still in a 'public place'. "Well, I went away for some time. And some... "ass" had muscled in on my business. Couldn't bring myself to do much thereabouts, weren't his fault. So I mosied up here." He smiled wryly. "Seemed as good a place as any."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

It seemed that Terri was spending more and more time within the Four Seasons, so much so that she may have to ask Mr. Bates for a room away from her treehouse hollow. It would certainly make the walk to the hotel a darn sight easier.

Although, in truth, Terri quite enjoyed the route she took. It passed by some interesting places.

Walking into the bar, the Dread Lady had a pleasant smile on her face, her Mantle swirling around her, those able to experience it caught up in the smell of baking bread and the knowing inevitability of the Harvest. Spotting Perry and Lou, Terri gave a wave. She also noted the new arrival, no doubt the person the Fairest lawyer had mentioned upon the phone.

Once she had ordered and been served with a drink, the Beast headed over to join the three changelings at their table. "Hey guys."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

E
    Ecalsneerg

Tom betrayed a slight frown as the squirrel approached the table. Terri. Nutkins. The... Dread Queen is a squirrel? But, he supposed, the real magic of Contracts wasn't that they were, well, magic, but that they could make the most unassuming into ferocious foes.

He stood up out of the booth to greet the Queen. A bow would have been too much for a still-public place, but a gracious nod of the head seemed apropos, so he did that. "Ma'am," he said politely in his most pleasant voice. "It's a real pleasure to meet you." He motioned to take Miss Terri's hand, and if she consents, he goes to kiss her on the hand like an old-time gentleman.

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou had little more to add to the conversation, and so simply sipped on his water in silence and listened to Tom's tale as he awaited the arrival of the Dread Queen. He hadn't spoken to her in person since she sent him the excellent quality suits she tailored for him, and he wanted to thanks her in person.

The potent smell of baking bread and the myriad scents of the harvest betray the arrival of the Dread Queen. Lou returned her wave, but remained silently in his seat as Tom approached her and introduced himself. He smiled at Tom's choice of introduction, for Lou had always been enthralled by the notion of courtly etiquette. He didn't follow such customs himself, but it was always fun to watch.

Perry diCarto

Perry paid attention to the man's story, simply listening without moving as he spoke on his past. He certainly wasn't about to begin prying into Tom's past; it wasn't much his business. "Plenty of buildings going up in Sacramento these days," he said with a flash of a grin at the end. "It's a decent time to be a carpenter around here."

Whatever he was going to say next stopped as Terri Nutkins arrived. He raised a hand in greeting to her, smiling broadly at her. "Hello, Terri!" he said. "How are you?"

As Tom made his introduction and went to plant a kiss on Terri's hand, Perry paused, then said, "Terri, this is Tom Gubbens. We've just had the pleasure of his arrival from San Antonio. Tom, this is Terri Nutkins." He scooched over so Terri could sit if she wanted.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Joining the group, Terri offered her hand, expecting a simple shake. She was somewhat surprised at the gesture but didn't stop Tom, glancing to Perry when the Fairest gave her his name. "Likewise, Tom. Please, call me Terri," she said, not ever really being a 'Ma'am' type of girl.

Taking a seat as Perry slid over, Terri remained smiling, placing her drink down. "Welcome to Sacramento. I hope you've settled in okay?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.