Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
A Word with Winter (Private)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    S
    Sasha

“It certainly can. Just like finding where one belongs.” The Dancer said with sentiment in her voice and a pleasant movement to her lips. Mentioning Them again nearly sent the Winter’s chill through her lithe body.

Nodding to Katrin’s observation she couldn’t help but grin to the beautiful Queen’s smirk. “Yes, I believe so Your Highness.” And in the flawless eyes of the Icy Beauty, L’aire realized she probably understood where she was coming from. I wonder what she was like when she was fresh out of the Hedge. “Have you been in a similar situation before?” L’aire’s hand went up straight shaking it away as well as shaking her head quickly. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked.” The Fairest looked down a moment, knowing her curiosity got the best of her. L'aire may have been good at keeping secrets, but not the questions that came to mind.

Still, L’aire pushed forward with the Queen’s suggestion. “I do hope I find it soon. Although I am not impatient, I also don’t want to sit idly by either.” The Dancer was obviously anything but lazy. Yet it may have looked like that to some. She cared a great deal for the Freehold as her roots began implanting themselves further into the city. L’aire had Dorian to thank for bringing her here. Now she had people like Perry and John to thank for keeping her here, and some members of the Summer Court.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin nodded at the Dancer's words, pleased by the fact that she seemed to understand the message that was being conveyed. When the L'aire asked about the Winter Queen's own experience, as usual, the Treasured's expression remained perfectly neutral. There was a moment of silence before her answer was finally delivered. "We are called Lost for a reason, no?" she said, raising an eyebrow ever so slightly. "Finding the right path is something we all have to deal with, yes?" It was perhaps not much of an answer, but it was probably the best the violet-eyed Fairest was going to get from her Queen.

"I am confident that you will find your path L'aire, no matter how long it takes, no?" said Katrin, switching the conversation back to the discussion on the Dancer's role and aspirations. "Certainly you aren't just sitting idly by. If you were, you wouldn't have come to talk to me, yes?" Once again, a little smirk was offered from one Fairest to the other, a brief gesture that perhaps held a greater message. "Besides, patience is a good quality. You should aspire to never lose it."
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

S
    Sasha

L’aire didn’t really expect an answer from Katrin more than what she gave. In fact, the Winter Fairest was more relieved the Queen didn’t get ticked at her for asking. She just wanted to be able to relate to her in some way. Yet what Katrin said actually helped with that. “Yes, that’s very true.” Although I’ve felt lost even after getting out of Arcadia, till now. If it weren’t for Dorian, the Winter Dancer would probably still be in Vegas avoiding connections with anyone. Or back on tour…avoiding connections with anyone.

“I think moving here got me on any sort of path at all.” Smiling to Katrin. L’aire could have said what a shotty Winter Queen there was in Vegas, but that was a moot point. “Thank you for your confidence in me Your Highness.” The Winter said with genuine appreciation and nodded in agreement about visiting her. L’aire was also glad to hear Katrin appreciated patience, it wasn’t something everyone could. Perhaps it was a watchful trait of Winter.

“One other thing,” A gentle shrug, as if asking permission. “I know other Courts sort of recruit or something like that. Should we?” Her hand turned upward from her lap, wanting to know the next step or what her Queen wanted. “Or is it better to just be observant for signs.” It was probably clear by L’aire’s question that she wasn’t recruited, but may have been guided somehow.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

The Winter Queen considered the Dancer's question for a moment. "The best approach is to observe those who are Courtless; keep an eye out for signs that may indicate they are a good fit for the Silent Arrow, no?" said Katrin in response to the question. "If you find one who displays such signs, go on about testing them...without them knowing they are being tested of course." A little smirk found its way to the Treasured's lips as she said those words.

"Test them in ways that will prove to you whether they can be trusted, yes?" she added, the smirk vanishing from her lips once more. "Once they have proven themselves on many occasions, approach them about the possibility of them joining our ranks, no?"
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

S
    Sasha

“I prefer being subtle anyway before influencing someone.” L’aire nodded softly. She didn’t want to strait up tell someone that anyway. But like Katrin said, watch for signs. That was the way of Winter, at least to the Fairest Dancer. “I’ll try my best though, I think I can manage that. Sometimes the signs aren’t readily there until it’s pieced together over time.” Maybe that was an additional sign of the patience the Dancer had.

“Of course Your Highness. I can manage that.” L’aire said gently to the Icy Beauty’s advice. She felt a little more at ease with the Onyx Sovereign than she first did when L’aire came in. It was probably easy to see as some of the tension in her body dissipated.

“Thank you again for your advice Your Highness. I really appreciate it.” Even in her eyes, the Dancer’s gratitude was prevalent.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

Katrin listened to the Dancer's words, nodding once when she mentioned her preference for subtlety. Once L'aire was done speaking, her Queen spoke up once more. "You are welcome L'aire," she said to the violet-eyed Fairest, offering her a simple smile. "I do hope that if you seek guidance in the future, you do not hesitate to come to me, yes?" The Treasured made a slight gesture with her hand as she said those words.

"Are there any other pressing matters you wish to discuss with me?" asked Katrin after a brief pause, wondering if the Dancer had anything else to add.

S
    Sasha

“I certainly will Your Highness.” Smiling back to the stunning Queen of Ice before her. And now to the Dancer, she didn’t seem so Icy even though she didn’t seem warm. Now, she felt she could trust in her Queen more than ever. Still, she doubted she’d have the same report as with Terri. Katrin was still more approachable than the Sovereign in Vegas. Instead of talking, just pay attention. The words of the nearly non existent Onyx Bitch were clear in her mind...

Shaking her head after Katrin’s next question she replied. “Nothing I can think of at the moment. Unless you have something else you need to discuss with me.” L’aire said in turn. She felt awkward again, the Fairest wasn’t the greatest at this sort of thing. But maybe that would change soon. The Winter Dancer had a better support network than the past.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

Katrin shook her head in response to the other Fairest's words. "Nothing at the moment, no?" she said, her own flawless eyes still looking into L'aire's violet beauties. "I have already said what I needed to this evening." The Winter Queen gave the Dancer a nod before raising to her feet. "I am glad you stopped by to see me L'aire," she said once she was standing, waiting for the other woman to do the same.

"I do wish you enjoy the rest of your evening, yes?" said Katrin, as she guided the Winter Dancer towards the front door of the shop. "Feel free to stop by again, if you require further guidance, no?" With those words, the Queen of the Silent Arrow offered L'aire one last smile as she held the door open for her.

S
    Sasha

“Thank you. I hope you enjoy yours as well.” L’aire said as they walked toward the door. She wondered what Katrin did in her spare time though, but at the moment she wasn’t comfortable asking. It was probably obvious as they were in her store.

“I certainly will.” The Fairest Dancer smiled graciously as she walked through the door. “Thank you again.” The Winter was still really surprised to see Katrin smile or smirk as much as she did tonight. At least L’aire was at ease more than she thought she’d be.

I think that went….well. Or better than I thought. Her mind wound back the conversation to repeat in her head so she wouldn’t forget it.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.