Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1211) Heath & Degnar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

The Tunnelgrub stared blankly at the Minstrel, unsure of how to respond to his words. "Sounds complicated," he stated in a flat tone. When Heath seemed to recognize him, he just gave him a little shrug. "Yeah, that's me." The Darkling paused for a moment before adding, "Degnar, Winter's Archer of the Lonely March."

It felt weird introducing himself like that. After all, he had never been one for formalities...but since the Fairest had introduced himself using his full title, Degnar figured it was the appropriate thing to do. "Joyeux, you say?" he asked, tilting his head slightly to one side. "What is that exactly?"

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

"Well..." paused Heath as he put some thought into it. "It's about making people...happy!" He said the last word with an emphasized smile and spread his fingers wide, framing his face and wiggling them like jazz hands. Since he wasn't dressed in his jester uniform he didn't really feel like he was conveying his meaning well. Instead he giggled. "Well, I'm a comedian by trade so it sort of suits me. More so than being clad in metal anyways. So...yeah. Umm, what's the Lonely March about? Sounds sort of soldierly." It didn't exactly sound fun either. It sounded sort of lonely.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar blinked a couple of times at the gesture. "Oh," he said with a blank expression. "I see." Still a bit unsure of what to make out of the whole thing. When asked about his own title, the Darkling gave a little shrug. "I am by no means a soldier," he said to the Minstrel in his usual bland tone. "I guess you could say I'm more of a...scout?" He paused for a moment, wondering if that was the best way of describing his duties.

"Yeah, I think that would be the best way to describe it," said the Tunnelgrub, giving Heath another shrug before adding, "but I do not sell cookies." He figured that the Fairest would appreciate the humor, even if some of it was lost on the lack of tone. After all, he had mentioned being a comedian.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

After a curious silence Heath began waving his hands as fists as if performing an invisible rimshot, and adding the sound effects with his mouth. "Badum, chsssh! Haha, hey nice, man!" Apparently Heath was easily entertained by jokes, although it was probably because he wasn't expecting the sudden humor from one of Winter's flock. Or maybe it was because he was thinking of Tim Curry. "That's a sharp wit, no surprise since it's your used to gathering intelligence." Sounded lonely too. Moving silently all alone through the unknown, sounded altogether unpleasant. "So, uhh, you enjoy that sort of thing?"

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar tilted his head slightly to one side as Heath asked his question, giving the Minstrel a bewildered look. "Enjoy?" he asked, blinking a couple of times as he considered this. "That's not what it is about. It doesn't matter whether I enjoy it or not; it is simply my duty." The Darkling shrug after saying those words, still a little confused as to why the Fairest had asked him that question.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

"Oh," says Heath, rubbing his chin and then wishing he had a drink on him. "Well I guess that's true. It'd be nice if you could do your duty and still enjoy it. The thrill of excitement, the suspense. Or maybe it's the peace and tranquility of being on your own, relying on your own skills and...whatever it is you do when scouting." It was easy for Heath to put a positive spin on things. Even as he said it he wondered if scouting might actually be fun to try. Then again probably not.

"Well, if scouting isn't your ideal Friday evening what do you like to do to let loose? I myself like to hit the clubs and bars, nothing like a little liquid courage to help you find the dance floor."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar listened to the Minstrel, still not fully understanding what his obsession seemed to be with finding joy in duty. Perhaps that was his duty? He was a member of Spring after all, and a Joy...something at that. The Darkling simply gave Heath a shrug in response. "I do what I do because I am sworn to do so," he said in his usual monotone voice. "It was asked of me by my Queen, and I chose to take on these duties...that's pretty much it."

However, the Fairest next question confused the Archer even more. "To let loose?" he asked, raising an eyebrow just slightly. "Umm, I stretch before I go out on my patrols...that's what I do to get loose..."

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

Well, Heath was at least glad Degnar was being straightforward with him. To him it didn't seem like he was beating around the bush, he just really didn't have more to elaborate on in his position. "Ah, well fair enough," he said, smiling politely, though feeling like he had reached a brick wall in the conversation, which was just as well as the room around them seemed to have taken on more activity.

The first was the announcement by the Dread Queen, offering some sort of entertainment through an indicated door. The second was the unleashing of another wind from the use of a contract. Not again, thought Heath with a groan as he turned to see its source. He saw the disturbing image of a woman overlooking Mal ensnared in a dark room. He wasn't sure but he thought he might be hearing a bloodcurdling scream. "Yikes, what's that about?" asked Heath with some concern.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar turned his attention towards the scream, blinking his black beady eyes a couple of times before turning back to face Heath. "Don't know," he said to the Minstrel, giving him a nonchalant shrug. "It is the season of fear...maybe the festivities have already begun?" It was the best assumption the Darkling could make, since he really had no clue as to what was going on in that corner of the room. However, he did know that he did not wish to be on the receiving end of the Witch's wrath; it certainly looked unpleasant...

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

Heath laughed nervously, "Yeah...maybe it's just part of the show..." he said, not even convinced by his own words. "Well, umm, I think I'll get something to drink before I head to see what the Queen has to show us. It was, umm, nice meeting you, Degnar. I'll see you around." He smiled politely and then bobbed his head in farewell before slinking off to the bar for something to take the edge off.

Heath returns to the main thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread