Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Capitol Trod Park

With the sun out, the cooler temperature felt just right. Still, maybe because of the holiday weekend, or it still being fairly early in the day, not many people found the park a ample place to relax...

Weavebreaker enjoyed the sunny, quiet day. With a moleskine journal on her lap, and a pen in her hand, she gave life to thoughts she has had so far on Sacramento. She sat upon the white wall, keeping her attention split between writing and her surroundings...

Sacramento seemed night and day from Savannah, but she did not count the change as necessarily bad. She still hadn't had to chance to really go around and explore or scout. Part of her held trepidation of what sort of unknowns may lurk about, and she always felt on the guard.

Still, though...it was a nice day in the park...
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

Miach

PRE

This time too, Miach's early jog took him through Capitol Park. He liked to come here, if only because it reminded him of how he had found his cat, a year earlier.

He was focused on his breathing, trying to synchronize his legs, lungs, and heart, and hardly paid any attention around him, but the lady with the pink hair really stood out. Looking at her, he knew he had seen her before, but it took him longer to pinpoint it. He had been at so many parties, events, and whatever else where there was fun to be had. Then it struck him, and he stopped running a few yards beyond her. Arrow Field Day...

Turning around, he tried to catch his breath back while walking toward her. They hadn't been introduced then, but if she was Awakened, he had to talk to her.

Good morning Miss... ah, I hope I'm not bothering you ? did he ask, his hands checking if his hair was not too ruffled.

I think we've been to the same sport event at the Circle of Creation a few weeks ago... did he start blandly. Anyone overhearing would think it a poor attempt at flirting....

PRE

Even in sunny Sacramento, the weather was starting to grow colder--soon, Gallows would have to get his exercise indoors. For now, though, he could still manage to go outside without needing to bundle up too heavily. He wasn't looking forward to making the move to gyms, though. Parks were much more interesting than treadmills, and you didn't tend to meet that many interesting people in the gym.

Up ahead he saw Miach talking to a woman--someone who looked vaguely familiar from the Arrow Field Day. There had been a lot of new faces there, and Gallows had been lax about following up. Walking up to them, he waved once he had gotten a little closer.

"Hey, Miach!" he said. "Seems like we keep running into each other. And...sorry, I don't think I ever got your name, Miss," he said with a nod to the woman. He stuck out his hand and said "I go by Gallows."

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker slid her pen into the journal and shut it, to give Miach and Gallows her full attention. Though there was a youthfulness to her, her blue eyes seemed to convey a greater depth. "You are not a bother and I recall..." With a gentile motion, she slid the journal next to her. "I go by Weavebreaker and it is a pleasure to meet both of you."

Those blue eyes left the two as they surveyed the surroundings for a flicker of a moment before returning. She remained seated as her hands drew to rest upon her lap. "Lovely day at the park..."

Miach

PRE

Apparently, he and Gallows shared a lot more than met the eye, and Miach wasn't that surprised to bump into the Moros once more. He smiled at the woman as she greeted him, and even if Gallows had already done so, the Acanthus felt appropriate to introduce himself more properly.

I go by Miach, as stated by Gallows here. and he winked at them. Nice to meet you Weavebreaker.

Basking in the fresh sunlight, he looked at the park around him and rejoiced. But soon, he would have to go back to real nature. Hmm... thoughts for a later time.

Yeah, it's a lovely morning. Best not to waste it before winter strikes back.

PRE

"Very nice to meet you too, Weavebreaker," Gallows said with a nod. "And yeah, that's what I was just thinking. I mean, I know that winters in California probably don't get that bad, but I'm used to New Orleans. It usually stays pretty warm there." He looked at the new arrival, curious. "If you don't mind my asking, Weavebreaker, what brings you to Sacramento?" He knew that they wouldn't be able to go into deep details out here in the open (he still needed to find out her Path and Order, for example) but he was hoping he could at least learn a little bit.

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker nods her head softly. "College. Going to Sac State..." With a stretch she rose to her feet, leaving the journal resting upon the wall. "Still meeting new faces and learning the lay of the land."

Miach

PRE

Never been to New Orleans... Miach had to admit, shaking his head. I wish I had, you'll have to tell me about it, Gallows.

When he heard that WeaveBreaker was still a student, he couldn't help but ask And what's your major, then ?, sure that the Moros would take care of the "meeting new faces" part of her sentence.

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker gave Miach her full attention to respond to his question. "Engineering, though still a long way away..." She glanced down to the ground for a moment then back up.

"By chance do you know what the greek word for Mighty is?" With introductions passed, she felt it was time to learn a bit more about one another. She held so many questions and answers, and had to find a appropriate way to convey them.

PRE

"New Orleans is pretty fun," Gallows said. "Pretty wet. Mardi Gras. That sort of thing." He looked at Weavebreaker and nodded interestedly. "Engineering sounds fun. Little too much math for me, but if you enjoy it..." He frowned for a moment at her reference to Greek, then his brain caught up with him.

"Hmmm...not sure, my Greek is a little rusty. I'm completely Doomed, so far as languages go. Hopeless at them, really." He grinned. "Whenever I try learning a new one, I feel like I'm just climbing up this endless Ladder. I'm guessing you're a fan?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread