Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(BAB) Over Troubled Waters

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

PRE

@roadnnottaken Animus Key

It didn't really seem fair that just as Gallows had finally gotten used to the heat of the West Coast, winter had decided to settle in. He wore a coat that had been left untouched in his closet ever since the move as he stared down at the bank of the river.

So, he thought, This is the Tower Bridge.

It was pretty cool, as far as bridges went. Gallows remembered hearing that it was pretty old, and historical. Call him biased, but Gallows found it hard to be interested in the history of a bridge after growing up in a place as full of...colorful local history as New Orleans. Besides, even if this had been the single most interesting tourist attraction in the entire state, there was no way that he would take the time to appreciate it right now. Now, he was looking for a murderer--he was on edge.

He wasn't sure what he'd be able to see without access to Prime, but he was going to find whatever he could. He made his way down the bank to get a closer look at the site.

Cast at sanctum

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus walks by Gallows' side, eyes constantly roving around the surroundings. Too much had happened here, and too much still could. With enemies that thought nothing of killing some of the Consilium's most powerful, he couldn't afford to relax. He couldn't let Gallows be the next dismembered corpse to show up on someone's doorstep ... let alone what could happen if their enemies actually succeeded in reawakening the apocalypse that might have been.

PRE

"I'll admit," Gallows muttered as he looked down at the river, "I'm not exactly sure what we're looking for here. I'm going to start out with scrutiny, see if anything pops up. I don't know what I'll be able to tell you about the ley line without being able to access Prime, though." He peered at the river and area around it, looking for anything that seemed out of the ordinary. He had decided to use the Grim Sight, since they were investigating murders--who knew what might have taken place here?

Assuming scrutiny can go uninterrupted, 10 total suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-16 20:10:17 [01] Gallows rolls 9 to scrutinizes the area (10 Again) 4, 8, 4, 1, 8, 8, 1, 5, 2 3 successes
      Second roll
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-16 20:10:17 [02] Gallows rolls 9 to scrutinizes the area (10 Again) 4, 10, 8, 1, 10, 10, 1, 4, 6, 9, 2, 2 5 successes
      Third roll
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-16 20:10:17 [03] Gallows rolls 9 to scrutinizes the area (10 Again) 6, 6, 3, 6, 1, 8, 2, 8, 5 2 successes

In examination of the Tower bridge you can feel the thrum of power humming through it. And see vague shadows of death that touch spots of the bridge at times, most are small but some are much larger than any normal bridge would hold. The resonance will stay with you as a taste of copper.

The tower continues to evoke memories of the past, and of those gone.

On the bank of the river there floats a small craft, similar enough to a house boat that it could be assumed as such to anyone who had seen one before. It is white and moored at a short dock. An occupant with dark skin and dark hair is lying atop the roof staring up at the overcast sky.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

PRE

"Hmmm," said Gallows thoughtfully, biting back the urge to spit to get the coppery taste out of his mouth. "There's been a lot of death here--more than there should be for a bridge this size. I'm going to check for ghosts. And while I do," he said quietly, "Let's keep an eye on our friend on the houseboat. See if he reacts to the spellcasting."

Having given Animus sufficient time to stop him if he thinks the spellcasting is a bad idea, Gallows will then cast Speak with the Dead and take another look at the spots heavy with the resonance of death.

Speak with the Dead
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-20 20:59:03 Gallows rolls 5 to casts Speak with the Dead (10 Again) 8, 5, 10, 1, 1, 7 2 successes

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Gallows might know ghosts, but he didn't know the history of this place. He might not know which questions to ask. With a brief moment of focus, the Thyrsus draws on the supernal, opening his eyes to the world's mirror. The sticky black thread of the gravetouching the spell causes a primal shiver, despite being expected. Once, he had been able to look on Twilight and see only the vibrancy of life. Now it was inseperable from those drab souls who still clung to what had been, and the slow deterioration of everything that had once stood strong. Not a comfortable source to tap into, even at the best of times.

And in the back of his mind, the possibility that he might see the sad remnants of someone he'd once called friend.

"I'll keep an eye out."

spirit tongue + death conjunct
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-21 18:58:11 Animus rolls 9 to Gno + Spi (10 Again) 4, 6, 3, 8, 3, 3, 4, 7, 1 1 success

Gallows

OOC

ooc

On the bridge there are a three “stationary” shades.

And what seems to be a reoccurring loop of eight bridge jumpers, they seem to be trying to synchronize they’re ectoplasmic splashes.

Meanwhile the gentleman on the boat doesn’t seem to notice the spellcasting, but does lift his voice. “I really hope you aren’t intending to go over there, it’s Oberon’s Territory, consider yourself warned.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

PRE

The sight of all the activity on the bridge had Gallows a little concerned. This was a lot of ghosts for this small a region...clearly, something untoward was going on here. Before he could spend too long looking at them, though, the man on the boat distracted him.

Clearly, the man was aware of something that was going on, but who was he? A mage? Seer? Something else?

"Oberon," Gallows muttered to Animus. "Ring any bells? I'm assuming he doesn't mean the King of the Faeries, a la Shakespeare." Louder, he addressed the figure directly. "Didn't have any intention on trespassing on anyone's turf, sir. I don't think we've been introduced, though."

2 suxx on Occult for the name Oberon
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-28 15:17:08 Gallows rolls 9 to rolls Int + Occult for the name Oberon (10 Again) 6, 3, 7, 8, 1, 6, 9, 6, 1 2 successes

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sad eyes flick to the jumpers before Animus shakes his head in answer. For the moment he remains silent, content to let Gallows take the lead.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread