Ended
Watch

A meeting between a Deputy, the Herald and Albert

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is much quieter.

Here a calmer atmosphere prevails in the low lit area which is heady with the bright scent of fresh lemons.

Tiny Martha shares a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court.

She seems to be alone, but ( @
    Wolven Pryde ) she knows Dillon to be close by.

Martha sits happy and studiously at a low coffee table which is piled with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers, tables of spreadsheets for various Domain accounts, learned academic periodicals and PDF print-outs of FBI manuals and police procedural documents.

A carafe of freshly made iced lemonade and tall tumbler glasses rest in the coffee table too.

Martha sits prettily, meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a black 'winter pattern' felt broad brimmed cap of the Edwardian English school fashion and of the traditional winter design...the small embroidered cap badge seems to be of some heraldic crest and matches that of the embroidered badge on her neat black blazer. A pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose. She wears a long black gymslip shows her slim legs to mid calf...her ebony black hair is tied into neat twin tails, each twin tail is tied with a large red silken ribbon bow.

She wears a white kneesock on her trim and athletically slim flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes thanks to her C-Leg prosthesis. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie which is tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel and a simple metal walking cane rest at her side and are propped against the couch.

Martha is reading the FBI manual carefully but breaks her attentions to look up over the page to glance, attentive and alert, over to The Stairs to see if anyone else is around.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

Albert arrived at the Avalon in his dark blue suit used to wear to meetings with his boss back in San Diego. An ironed white shirt, blue stripped tie, and black polished shoes had worked before, no reason to suspect it would not here. He headed directly for the door leading down into the Court - weaving and occasionally, gently pushing the Kine aside.

When he crossed the threshold, he noticed there was a distinct calmness compared to the club. Into the tiger's cage... He brushed off whatever dust or trace substances that may have taken hold as when he passed through the club. Then he adjusted his tie. Taking caution, he descended slowly down the stairs.

As he neared the end of the stairwell, he looked around and beheld a young lady. He smiled in at the sight of her, Cute little thing...probably from England. It then dawned on him that his Beast remained quiet. Is she a Kindred or a Kine? Sawyer forced his distracted mind to return to the task at hand. Meet with the Herald and the Deputy. She could be either.

He opted to be direct and calmly approached. "Hello, I'm Albert Sawyer. Pleasure to meet you," he said as he got within range of polite conversation.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha watched him approach with a gentle smile. Holding her FBI manual close to her face to demurely hide all but her playful eyes.

She lowered the manual as he spoke and nodded happily. Laying the book in her lap with one hand, her other hand gestured to invite Albert to be seated at the chair opposite.

Martha's tone is happy, gentle, friendly and sincere. She is trying to place Albert's accent as she listened.

"Good evening, Mr Sawyer! I do hope you are well! A delight to see you! Please...please do be seated! My name is Miss Martha Villiers. Always 'Miss' if you please...I shan't answer to Ms!" she giggles playfully, "I have the honor to serve the Prince, Alder Clarke as his Herald, the Mistress Keeper of the local Elysian Fields and also as the current Acting-Reeve of this Metropolitan Domain." her tone is modest. Far from boastful.

Martha waits a moment before gently asking,
    "I wonder if I might interest you in a glass of lemonade, sir? I made it fresh this evening!" she chirps merrily. Wide eyed and happy, she watches Albert over the rims of her spectacles, which are now perched at the very tip of her nose. One free hand gently gestures to the carafe of lemonade and tumblers on the table.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

When she introduced herself, Albert couldn't help but feel more at ease. She wasn't the high mighty type he was expecting. Definitely English school girl. The memory of his run-in with Mr. Passion's crept into his mind like a spider stalking along its web. Along came Passions's warning about strict formality. He was grateful to have the knowledge of such protocol ahead of time, even if he disliked "The Shark" as Sawyer had so labelled him.

"Thank you Miss Villiers," he said as he took his seat. He eyed the lemonade with concealed concern. Why the hell is she offering me lemonade? Since the Change he knew anything except blood would inevitably make its grotesque escape once consuming it. He erred on the side of courteous formality. Albert smiled a bit, "Of course, thank you very much Miss Villiers." He kept his arms firmly on the sides of the chair.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled sweetly to Albert as she poured him a tall glass of fresh made lemonade. She watched his demeanor and mode of dress.

As she handed Albert the glass of drink, Martha continued in her friendly manner and, seeing him a little rigid in posture, she tries to reassure;
    "A delight to meet you, Mr Sawyer! I mean you no harm...you are, after all, in one of the local Elysian Fields!" she smiles cheerily, almost playfully, "I wonder, sir, how can I be of help to you this evening?" her question seems very sincere. Martha's tone suggests she really is interested in helping. Her eyes watchful too and show the same concern.

S
    Savnok

Albert accepted the glass with both hands. He prepared his body for the inevitable messy outcome and expent a vitae to delay the inevitable embarassment. He took a sip and complimented her, "Now that's quality made lemonade."

He was aware Martha was now paying much closer attention to him. When she spoke of the Elysian Fields, it sounded familiar to him. His sire, Lucy, had mentioned something about that. He pushed back the memories of his sire's mistreatment. God damn that wretch...

Martha was more pleasant, or at least she seemed to be. "Well, Miss Villiers," He forced a smile. "I was informed that I should meet with Prince Clarke or one his appointed officers to be acknowledged as a resident Kindred of Sacramento."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and nodded graciously to accept the compliment with sincere thanks. "Thank you, sir! I make it myself...so your kind words are very well received! Thank you!" she giggles bashfully and, still watching Albert with wide eyed happiness, plays with one of her very long twin tails.

"You seek Acknowledgement? Hmm! Well...that is splendid! Simply splendid!" she smiles again and stops playing with her twin tail. Taking her hands to rub at her false knee as she speaks now, "As Herald to His Majesty the Prince I am empowered to help with the Acknowledgement, sir! I do like to chat a short while with people before I get to the business of the matter." another happy smile, "I wonder, sir, did you have anything you wished to talk upon? A hobby you wanted to share with me? An amusing story of your travels across the United States? Some skill you wish to reveal to me?" she leans forward in her seat, still rubbing at her knee, but her interest in Albert seems genuine and enthusiastic.

S
    Savnok

Just like the job interviews...tell 'em what they want to hear. Albert thought to himself. He observed her hands relocating onto her knee, then refocused his gaze onto her eyes. He settled on the topics he thought would benefit him most. Mirroring her body language, he leaned forward and adjusted his hands to lay upon his kneecaps. Sawyer delivered his opening statement. "As for a particular skill, I'm self-employed as a day-trader. As it so happens, the Asian markets are awake at the same time we are."

He paused to lean back and take another sip of the lemonade. It gave him a moment to think of his next line. It had to be something amusing, something that would not give the impression he was just another suit who obsessed with ticker symbols. "I'm originally from Las Vegas. When I was younger I would see celebrities, politicians of all sorts pass through. I had a few memorabilia items from their events. I've been spotted in the background of more than few celeb photos." He finished with a teasing smile.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Tiny Martha seems genuinely impressed by all Albert talks about. Nodding cheerily she asks; "Celebrities? Day-trading? Memorabilia? Goodness me!" she claps her hands together in a demure gesture of delight before returning to rub hard at her crippled leg, "That does sound very exciting, sir! Might I please ask, sir...do you own a fast auto-mobile and if so, what make and model is it?" she pronounces the word automobile carefully, as if making certain to say it well. She peers to Albert over the rims of her spectacles with youthful eagerness.

S
    Savnok

So far so good... He thought about his next response. He opted to be about honest the car "I do have a car. It's a Scion tc. Though I can't quite go very fast here in Sacramento." he chuckled. "Last thing I want is a ticket. Out of curiosity, what do you drive, if at all?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread