Ended
Watch

A Lesson in Etiquette

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich nods, "Understood Madam Au Pair, I only ask because of the incident that occurred with Mister Griffiths. It was my understanding that he had not yet become a full member of the First Estate, that he was still 'pledging' so to speak. I recognize my good fortune that he did not take the incident as a personal insult. It was an error in research and judgement. You can trust I'll be more vigilant in such matters in the future."

Erich shifts slightly canting his head towards Daniella as he slides his hand on the table, nearer to her. The Shark's face softens with his eyes and smile. His voice loses some of its timbre as he gently speaks his next words. It's apparent that this speech is one that he's given a lot of practice and rehearsal. His manner implies that he's speaking from the heart.

"Madam Au Pair Sage, I must confess something to you. My time here the past few months, has been a period of much growth. I've learned so much, and matured greatly in my position as a member of the First Estate and as a loyal servant to the Court of Sacramento. But, something else has had me perplexed. My favorite evenings, has been those where I was blessed with your company. I've lived for over a century, yet a babe in the eyes of most immortals, but I've never found such pleasure in my Requiem as I've found in spending time with you. I hope that I'm not being to forward Madam Au Pair, but I would like to spend an evening in your company outside of this professional atmosphere. Would you please join me in attending a performance at the Ballo Della Notte and after share a bit of private conversation? I would like to get to know you better, as opposed to the Madam Au Pair Sage.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“That is good to hear, it makes things go a lot smoother when one is able to learn from their errors.” She replied.

She listens as he talks, her eyes briefly following his hand on the table, not being sure what to make of this. Her suspicion was on high alert, not knowing if he was honest or after something. After all, he had been speaking kind words to her since she met him, and it seemed odd to her. She wasn’t sure if he thought she was a Daeva, but kind and pretty words did not buy her over. “I am glad to hear you have been enjoying your evenings thus far. Though I believe we are here to discuss manners and etiquette, which are important to address. Whether or not I wish to attend a show with you, we need to finish our discussion first. Though your kind words are appreciated, we are here on a professional matter at present.” She says with a small smile. She wasn’t turning him down, only dealing with the matter at hand first. Though she did want to take in a show at the theater, she had not had a chance to yet, but business first.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich withdraws his hand, returning to an upright and attentive postion. His face takes on the serious mask of business at hand, mostly to hide his slight dissappoint. Though his dead heart was not beating, it did crack ever so slightly. A feeling he'd not had since he gained the power of the blood. This was the first time he'd ever asked a woman on a date, that wasn't a meal in heels. Well, at least I was not shot down. I can definetly understand her hesitancy. "Of course, Madam Au Pair, I apologize for broaching the subject before the business at hand had concluded."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her smile softens, “We can readdress the matter once we have discussed a few other key points.” She replied.

Shifting her attention back to etiquette, “Titles of Function are reserved for those of the First Estate only. These are titles that are rare and highly sought after. I believe you used a title of Function while mentioning Herald Villiers, and while I am sure it was only meant to speak highly of her, I still needed to bring it to your attention.” She says, her eyes meeting his.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich nods, and returns Daniella's gaze. "Indeed, it is just as you say. It is a mistake that I'll not make again."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

This was one of her easier lessons, but perhaps that was due to Erich being a member of the First Estate. But there was one last bit to the titles, “Now when it comes to formal address, there is a certain order to it. As I am sure you remember, it is title of Esteem followed by title of Function. On the same note, there are Kindred who hold multiple positions. In such a case, they are referred to by the title that best fits the situation at hand. I don’t feel we need to go over etiquette, you have shown to have very good manners thus far.” She says with a reassuring smile. “But don’t think that I’m not always paying attention. As a member of the First Estate, we must always conduct ourselves as the quality Kindred we are.” She pointed out. “Now do you have any questions on the titles or anything else related to what we have gone over?” she asked, wanting to get the business out of the way before addressing his other question.

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich returns Daniella's smile. "Not at all Miss Sage. I thank you for going over these things. It's always nice to get a refresher."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Seems he was getting comfortable enough to drop her title, and she debates addressing it. Her jaw tightens for a brief second, “You are most welcome Mister Passions, it is my pleasure to address any and all issues regarding such matters. If you ever find yourself in need of a refresher again, please don’t hesitate to let me know.” She can’t help herself, “I would like to point out that in a professional setting, and if you are in a meeting with anyone, that you keep the titles at all times during the conversation, unless directed otherwise of course.” She says in a light tone, deciding to let the issue drop. Leaning back in her seat she addresses him again, “Now lets discuss your other question."

Angel of Darkness
    M

OOC

Erich nodded, "Of Course, Madam Au Pair. This refresher was certainly one of good timing, considering my impeding appointment with His Grace Duke Alder Clarke, Prince of this Domain."

His expression changed slightly, as well as his body language. "Yes Madam Au Pair, I'm ready to answer any additional questions you may have. I'm sure that a woman in your position has to be guarded. I would be naive not to realize some would try to win your favor just because of the office you hold. I can assure you, that my request to take you on... a date comes from my heart."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Of course she was on guard; one could only hear pretty words so many times before a red flag went up. If he thought he was putting her at ease, he was wrong. “Flattery and pretty words don’t gain favor with me.” Quite the opposite she thinks, “But I have enjoyed your company thus far, and have been meaning to take the time to enjoy a show. I accept your offer Mister Passions.” Though she wouldn’t classify it as a date, after dealing with titles and labels all evening, she was not up for the whole label an evening thing. But he seemed content to call it a date for some reason, so lets him label it as he wanted. It would also allow her a chance to fully gauge his manners while in public.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread