Ended
Watch

A Meeting with the Herald

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Savnok

Albert arrived at the Avalon within a half hour - speeding through the streets when possible. He found a parking spot and paid the meter. This isn't going to be good... he thought to himself as he approached the proper door to meet with Martha.

Martha Villiers

PRE

The door to the Herald's Chamber is slightly ajar.

Perhaps she heard Albert arrive...or sensed his Beast. Either way, before she can be seen, her soft voice can be heard to invite Albert inside with a cheerful;
    "Do come in, please, Mr Sawyer and do please close the door once you have done so!"

If Albert obeys, he will see the Chamber is large...but packed with books and maps and all manner of paperwork. It is not a junk pile. There is cleanliness and order...but there is a mass of information all about.

On one wall there are three modern, if large, stark and dramatic framed photo prints of ballerinas in tutus holding a ballet poses against a dark background. Another print hangs on another wall: a large framed copy of John Waterhouse's 'Lady of Shalot.' Between these are three large maps of Sacramento are pinned to walls. They seem to detail various aspects of the Kindred domain annotated superimposed over that of the mortal map.

Erected to conceal a quarter of her Chamber from view is a tall Chinese screen. A fire extinguisher is obvious as is an office desk. Her main desk is piled high with neatly stacked notes, college textbooks and dozens of school style notebooks. All look well used. Four bookcases are against the walls. Each is over filled with pre-owned books. They look, at first glance, to be entirely textbooks and non-fiction. There's a cheap looking laptop and printer on the desk too. An e-reader is also in evidence which carefully rests at the space on her desk.
    A pair of modern metal forearm crutches rest near her own chair.

There are also few comfortable chairs and a couch. A coat rack and a seat are opposite her busy looking desk. The place, though busy with clutter, is clean and also has the aroma of fresh lemons.

Sitting at the central desk is tiny Martha. Sweetly attired in her usual English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly cats-eye style spectacles are perched on the end of her nose,

"Good evening, sir! I do hope you are well! Please...please, Mr Sawyer, do make yourself comfortable!"
    she smiles to Albert and makes a gentle hand gesture to indicate he may sit down on one of the nearby chairs.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

The woman has bat ears...either that or I make more noise than a jet engine taking off. Both possibilities iritated him. Before entering adjusted his tie and checked the sleeves on his suit jacket He placed a single polite knock on the wall and opened the door, "Good to see you Miss Villiers."

As Sawyer walked in, he felt as if he was walking into a library. It dawned on him, she wasn't just incredibly smart, with the amount of knowledge surrounding her she had to be at least on a level greater than that of a mortal PhD. It was slightly intimidating for him that such a harmless looking Kindred spent such an enormous amount of time learning and staying informed about damn near everything and anything.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Miss Villiers," he said promptly before sitting down in a nearby chair.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha offers a happy and sincere smile as Albert enters and nods cheerily enough as he speaks. She rests her hands on her desk in front of her in a meek and gentle manner...nothing stern in her demeanor. Tiny Martha waits until Albert is seated and settled before speaking, "Thank you...you are welcome, sir...now...you wished to speak with me!" a happy smile, "I should wish to hear more about the matter you mentioned over the telephone device..." she makes a gentle hand gesture, indicating briefly to her own simple telephone which, Albert shall see, rests on the desk top near her.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

That chipper attitude never fails. Albert thought to himself. It was best to be direct in this situation. "Well Miss Villiers, as I mentioned on the phone, I wish to submit my petition for Regent of Florin."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens, nods, smiles and soon finds a ballpoint pen and sheet of paper to make a note on and act on this; "Splendid, sir! Splendid! Now...for the record, sir, I shall require the details! Your Clan...Covenant..etc, as per the Proclamation!" she smiles happily, pen poised. Eyes bright as she studies Albert.

S
    Savnok

That sounded easy enough, "Ventrue and currently bound to no covenenant."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha chuckles as she makes a note of this, "I do believe that the Proclamation also asked for additional details too, sir!" a happy, almost playful, tone to her voice. "I shall add your name though." another happy smile. "Well, sir...that completes that formality! Was there anything else you wished to speak with me about, sir?"

S
    Savnok

Albert resisted the urge to roll his eyes over not stating his own name. Instead he kept his own focused on Martha's, "Well, I'd like to learn more about the competition if at all possible. Who may I be running against?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha's bright blue eyes watch Albert happily over the rims of her spectacles. She nods happily. "Ah! A list of the contestants shall be posted and announced soon enough, sir! What else did you have in mind to quiz me about, sir?" another happy smile.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread