Ended
Watch

Business or Fun?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The steep scrambler just blinked, confusion creeping into her "game face." Harvey was right, some jobs paid better than others so that meant...she wouldn't be doing one job for one favor? She guessed that was fair and that was all that needed to be said. She'd do a few free jobs for the favor.

But when Harvey specified it would be only courier duties, Morgan utterly failed to hide the confusion from her face. Why would he ask her to do anything else? She tilted her head as she thought on this, similar to how an actual raccoon would react to being confused. Was she forgetting to include details on her part of the negotiations? Maybe it was a tradition in Sacramento that she wasn't aware of, but she didn't think it mattered.

But if he mentioned it then does that mean it is important? Eh, i should trust him. He does this for people in the Freehold, so I should trust Harvey. And he'll know when I've paid him back in full. For what he's doing I should give him a discount on future jobs after I've repaid him.

Morgan gave a tentative smile at her conclusion. "Well, that does seem fair I guess. I mean, one job for one big favor didn't sound fair and I like doing the courier thing. And you do this for others too, right? I guess you'd know when I've repaid you. So, do we write out a contract or something?"

"Cool. Glad we are in agreement on that then," he said in response to Morgan. "Yeah, I've done this sort of thing before. Its one of the services I offer to the members of the 'hold." The Shadowsoul gave the girl a quick smile when she mentioned a contract. "What about..." he let his words trail off as he considered how to best word the pledge.

"For a year and a day, you will carry messages when it is asked of you. In return, the Wyrd will bless your footing. But if you fail to fulfill your duties, a great curse shall be laid upon you." After the Sun Banisher finished reciting those words, he looked at the Steepescrambler, waiting for her response.

Origins , please spend a WP to seal the pledge

Pledge Mechanics

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan mulled over Harvey's offer. Well, she did get deliveries done, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. So long as the folks to deliver it to were there she should do fine. She thought for a moment and could only think of one other concern to add to the agreement, "So long as it doing so does not endanger the Freehold, sure I guess. I will ensure that any package I am entrusted with is delivered to it designated destination. You, uh, don't define failure as being a few minuts late or the recipient not being present, right? Cause, thaaaat wouldn't be fair."

OOC: Newbie mistakes, not negotiating the details: Morgan expends 1 willpower to make the pledge.

Harvey shook his head in response to Morgan's question. "No, I do not define failure in such a way," he said to her in a reassuring voice. "Losing the package would be considered a failure." The sun Banisher paused for a moment and then added, "and you don't need to worry about these activities endangering the Freehold in any way. I am sworn to it just as you are, so doing anything that would cause harm to its members would be a breach of my oath." He spoke with conviction as he said those last words, awaiting for the Beast to make any further inquiries if she so desired.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Okay, that seemed to have taken care of things right? Was there anything else she needed to talk about? Payment? Nonono, its free for a year. Discount? No, that can wait until AFTER the Pledge is done. Details? That'd be at each job. Contact? Erm, yeah that'd be important probably. I have a cheap phone now, right? Right? YUP! She rifled through her pockets as she thought before finally finding that she did have the cheap cellphone she'd recently bought. Morgan held it up in the air with a look of triumph upon her face after pulling out the phone...before realizing that it wasn't that important a deed. She lowered her arm, slumped her shoulders, and gave an embarrassed smile while lightly blushing.

Turning back towards Harvey she started asking questions quickly, "Um, what about contacting for work? I mean, not people doing the job for, but learning about the job. I have this new phone with a number or is there some other way we're supposed to keep in touch? Like, the bulletin thing I used that you found or some computer thingie? If you want to use a computer for it...I...don't have one. Er, yet! I don't have one yet. I can get one if you want. I think I can that is--" Morgan stopped herself realizing she didn't need to talk so much or so fast. She had asked Harvey the question, so she should let him answer. Coughing into her fist, she calmed down and folded her hands onto her lap. Her attempt to appear calm and composed wasn't successful, but at least she was more coherent when she spoke: "Sorry. What I mean is: how do we talk to arrange the jobs?"

A smirk grew on Harvey's lips as the Beast fumbled over her own words, speaking faster than a ferret on ritalin. Once Morgan was done speaking, the Sun Banisher gave her a quick shrug. "Check under the trash bin over at Coloma Park," he said to the Steepescrambler. "Not in it, but under it." He paused for a moment, meeting her gaze to make sure she understood.

"Whenever a job pops up, I'll leave you the details there," he added.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan thought for a few seconds, checking in her head to see if she knew the location he was talking about. She had been there a few times, it had a nice basketball court. And the trees were sometimes fun to climb, if bunches of kids hadn't done so already.. She did recall that there was a trash bin, though not the exact location. It shouldn't be too hard to find. She nodded her head and gave what she hoped was a reassuring smile. She probably came of as over eager instead, "Under the trash bin in Coloma Park, not in the trash bin. Heh, I won't mix that up, check in--UNDER not IN the trash bin. Should I, uh, you know, check it once a month or once week or something?"

Harvey couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. "Once every other week is probably good," he said in response. "If something more urgent pops up, I'll make sure to contact you through other means..." He let his words trail off, not really specifying what those other means would be, but something about his tone implied that he could in fact get in touch with her if he really needed to. "I'll leave a package for you with Sam once I'm done with your ID, sound good?" said the Sun Banisher, trying to finalize things since the pledge had been sworn and there wasn't much more to discuss at this point.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

A brief look of worry crossed the steep scrambler's face, How will he contact me? I haven't given him my number yet? And what was with that knowing tone--maybe this was a bad idea. Or, maybe I should just give him my number. Yepyepyep. Give number good idea. Focus on strong ID. Strong ID. Gulping, her choice to focus on what she was getting helped shake off the concern as a smile started to grow on her face.

She eventually grew a big smile, any attempting to maintain her composure quite gone now. She was too happy, and it showed, that she'd finally get an ID she could feel safe using. "Right, I'll check it regularly then, sounds good. And-and here is my number," Morgan wrote down and offered Harvey a copy of her cellphone's telephone number. "For the in case of urgent jobs, yes? No need to, uh, use scar...other ways to contact me. Thank you. I'll check with...Sam for the ID next week. He's, uh...that bartender here, right? I think he is. If not, then, uh, I'll need to know who Sam is? If, uh, if he is then, um, we good?"

The Sun Banisher let out another chuckle, picking up on the young Beast's reaction to his words. "Don't worry, you'll hear from me if something pops up," he said to Morgan, taking her phone number and storing it away in one of his jacket's pockets. He nodded at her question about Sam. "Yeah, he's the bartender," he said to her with a pleasant enough smile. "And yes, we are good for now," he added after a brief pause.

"A pleasure doing business with you Morgan," said the Shadowsoul, giving her a quick nod before he turned to walk off in the same direction he had come from.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread