Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Happy Hunting Grounds

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last

Anya's quick survey reveals a magnetic security strip on the door attached via wire to a small box nestled in the corner between the wall and the ceiling. Nearby tere is a standard security system key pad. Once the door is opn there will only be a short time to enter the correct code before the system calls in the authorities. After that the amount of time left to the Lost will be minimal.

I
    Irina

What would you like me to roll to attempt to disable the alarm?

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

While they waited outside the door, Degnar glanced over at the tall Draconic next to him. There was that moment of awkward silence, the type of silence that implies that there isn't much to talk about between them. After all, the pair couldn't be any more different from each other, at least at first glance. "Hope things are going well in there," muttered the Darkling, trying to make some small talk while he waited for the door to open. Part of him was getting a little nervous that their mark would get away, but as usual, the Tunnelgrub didn't let any of this show through his facial expression or body language. Cool as a cucumber...

per RAW the roll is Dex + Larceny to bypass a security system. Normally this is an extended task requiring 5 - 15+ successes, but as you're already inside it will be much easier, only requiring a single success.

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou smirked at the Tunnelgrub's remark. Though he was a little agitated himself for the same reason, he had an uncanny confidence in his fellow Draconic. "Somehow, I think she'll be fine."

I
    Irina

Anya peered at the security system and a frown of consternation appeared on her face. She was less irritated by the existence of it; because such things were incredibly logical, she simply did not appreciate wasting time.

But giving up was not something that she was accustomed to, and instead Anya quickly got to work on allowing Degnar and Lou access as well. If the alarms began to blare, well... hopefully they had regained their breath after the last sprint.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-30 12:45:12 Anya Wyrmblood rolls 9 to Bypassing security system? (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 3, 6, 6, 3, 1, 10, 3, 7, 3 1 success

Anya fiddles with the system for a moment and then, once satisfied, opens the door from the inside. No alarms sound, but that doesn't mean a silent alarm isn't triggered. Still, at least it won't alert their quarry to their ingress.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

As the door opened, Degnar wasted no time and stepped right through it, giving Anya a nod once he was on the other side. It was likely that was the Darkling's way of saying nice job. Pulling his bow from his back once more, the Tunnelgrub was not about to be caught by surprise once more. "We'll need to search the building for him, and do it quickly," he said to the pair of Draconics in a low voice, making sure that he wasn't being all too loud.

Keeping a hand close to his quiver, the Archer began to scan the area around them with his black beady eyes, keeping an eye out for any traces of their mark. Or anything else that could be of interest to them...

I see it all...perhaps a bit too late...lol
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-30 14:13:56 Degnar rolls 10 to Perception+2 (Beast Keen Senses) (10 Again) 8, 7, 10, 9, 6, 9, 9, 7, 10, 6, 2, 8 7 successes

Swift : let me know when and what to roll to start tracking down the satyr

As Degnar takes one more glance around, he doesn't notice any lurkers or observers. He does, however, notice a sign partially obscured by the bamboo garden growing along the building on either side of the door.

It reads:

EMPLOYEE ENTRANCE ONLY
    Unauthorized entrance will sound alarm.
    Guests please use front entrance.
    Thank you!
    Los Angeles County Museum of Art

Tracking by scent will be a Wits + Survival roll with a -2 penalty because the interior surfaces of the museum do not hold the scent very well (being mostly concrete, tile, etc.). Those not tracking by scent can keep their eyes and other senses open for clues or signs of passage with Wits + Investiation rolls at a -3 penalty for the low to no lighting in the museum at night. A flashlight or other source of light will help mitigate this penalty.

I
    Irina

With a triumphant smile, the Draconic pulled back the door and stepped into the doorway. "Shall we?" she questioned, and peered from one man to the other.

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long."

Mostly, what she actually hoped was that the Satyr had not gotten so far away as to render himself impossible to find. Using her blazing armour as a source of light, she turned to study the interior.

2 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-31 15:37:10 Anya Wyrmblood rolls 7 to Wits + Investigation +2 Riddleseeker (10 Again) 9, 7, 5, 7, 7, 6, 10, 2 2 successes

Penalty mitigated by the fire. If that's not okay, amend as necessary!

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread