Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1211) Eternal Autumn 2012

Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
    I
    Irina

True to her "threat" to Rook a few evenings ago, Anya had gone through various costume ideas in order to select something appropriate and not entirely cliche. She vetoed the old favourites of Frankenstein, zombies or mummies - partly because they were done to death if not done incredibly well, and partly because coming as "sexy" zombie lady was scary for... entirely the wrong reasons.

Costumes had altered greatly since she was a kid.

But thinking of holidays past, and the precious moments with her children during Halloween had taken her thought process on a slightly different slant.

Anya's costume held the eerie suggestion of what she could become, should she let the Wyrd mold and twist her any further still. Beneath the black and purple cape, deadly horns and clip-on elongated nails, sharpened to points was a mien a little too in keeping with the costume. Against the flowing arms of her outfit, her genuine talons gave the illusion of being longer. Her fangs, when she deigned to smile, appeared more savage than usual; as if she were Maleficent mid-transformation.

Yellow eyes scrutinised the other costumed Lost, and were clear and cold against the faintly purple shimmer to her skin - that at least was make-up. The dark purple scales across her cheeks were, of course, a natural part of her. Her Mantle burned brightly, framing the evil but captivating villainess. If Anya was aware of the line she currently walked between costume and... her potential, it was not reflected in her bearing.

She turned to the Horned King - better known as Rook, as he stood beside her and held out a hand - carefully, as always when she did not intend to maim.

"I think we're right on time."

Costume

@Perry diCarto
    Nero

Stripes is surprised to find himself accosted by a pair of movie killers. Even if he's not as familiar with the lore behind the costumes though he still gives a fake start at Perry and then laughs a bit.

"Great costumes!" he cheers before peering closer at the mask. "Umm..."

The tiger just now realizes he can't place who's under the costume thanks to the mask and disguised voice. Hurrying to cover he nods to the Leatherface costumed changeling.

"Yeah, you got it right," he says, offering a paw. "I'm Stripes, nice to meetcha!"

I choose not to roll to ID who's in the Scream mask. More fun that way lol.

S
    Sasha

L’aire wasn’t entirely preoccupied with the festive decorum as she saw the regal Draconic saunter her way. Her own violet eyes caught the burning embers of the very tall shimmering Fairest. I really hope I don’t say anything stupid again.

“Interesting good, or interesting…bad?” The Fairest let her shoulders raise a little while giving into her curiosity of his use of interesting. “I was trying to go for something classic, I kinda wonder if it’s a bit more…cult classic now that I think about it.” The Winter wrinkled her nose with a breathy laugh that chilled the area around her.

The dexterous fingers of the Dancer did a soft searching snapping motion in the air. “You look like a…” creepy as hell “knight of some sort?” Truth be told, the Fairest Draconics of the Freehold were beautifully scary in their own right. Like a crystal, shiny beautiful; baiting you to touch it...then the sharp edge appears out of no where.

Her head tilted slightly while she thoughtfully looked over his outfit. Which was easily masked checking out the handsome pearlescent Draconic. “Could you elaborate? I’m sorry I’m unfamiliar, Lou.” Her lips tugged an apologetic smile.

The Winter’s eyes caught a look at Terri’s costume with an impressed face and the same went for Anya who dawned Maleficent…a much creeper version. She shuddered a little while averting her attention quickly back Lou and again that tiny sensation that he could snap her.

It had taken sometime to put together, but Magnus finally had a costume that met with all three of his requirements: 1) It had to be scary in honor of the season. 2) It had to represent his own season in some way. 3) It had to be good; the Wizened would stay true to the reputation of his Seeming for good craftsmanship.

Magnus arrives as he does everything - brusquely and without a word. Large horns protrude from the front of his mask, though mask hardly does it justice. It's more of a combination of a headdress and a mantle, and covered in long, shaggy, white hair. He has a burlap sack slung over his back, bulging with oddly shaped lumps. He strides into the room and heads over to a table where he sets down the sack with a series of loud clanks and clinks - as if it were full of pieces of glass.

costume

costume making
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-09 23:11:52 [02] Magnus rolls 6 to make a costume (extended :-P) (9 Again) 7, 5, 5, 6, 4, 9, 9, 2 2 successes
    2012-11-09 23:11:52 [01] Magnus rolls 6 to make a costume (extended :-P) (9 Again) 5, 8, 6, 10, 1, 3, 7 2 successes
    2012-11-09 23:11:07 Magnus rolls 6 to make a costume! (9 Again) 9, 3, 3, 7, 7, 6, 4 1 success

F
    FistsFullofDice

Nero stood quietly observing the party goers. For the longest time he didn't care to be a part of their community. Now he looked around at everyone gather and wished at some point he would have at least stopped by to meet them. At Stripes' response he looked back towards him, "Nero. Sorry I am still pretty new at this" He looked down at the paw, after a second he grasped it the best he could and shook. "Do I need to introduce myself to anyone special, or something?" He looked around the party, not sure who was the senior parties and who was there for the first time.

L
    LadyVictris

John Lapsley had spent some time mulling over what his costume should be for the party. In honour of his court, he wanted to embrace his fears somewhat, and take the part of one of his own nightmares. Recalling with a shudder some of the insectile and scaled horrors of his durance, he dismissed those ideas as too complicated - not to mention possibly offensive to some of the reptilian Lost in the freehold. Rarer, but no less terrifying, had been the feline-aspected predators that had stalked the shadows. Much cheaper to mimic in costume form, too.

The darkling had never understood why so many people loved cats. The creatures were sadistic psychopaths that would torture anything smaller than them to death with apparent glee. Sure, they looked pretty, and were graceful, but John found it difficult to trust a pet that gave the distinct impression that it would happily eat you if it was big enough.

The basics of the costume were easy enough: black skinny jeans and and a matching plain long-sleeved t-shirt. His black climbing shoes were nice and narrow, and his fingerless climbing gloves looked okay with the cheap plastic claws that covered his finger-tips. False nails would have looked better, but the whisperwisp lacked real nails to glue them to.

He had been halfway through an internet search for a cat mask that wasn't overly feminine, abstract, or 'sexy', when he remembered about Stripes, but given he was running out of time, had pressed on and ordered something* anyway, hoping the tiger Beast would take it in good humour. He had elected to do without a tail, seeing as it would probably only get in the way.

Aware that despite his efforts the costume was hardly impressive, John sought to improve it by at least moving in the right way. As he entered the room and approached the buffet, he mimicked the prowling movements of the beasts he had encountered, both in his durance and afterwards.

2 successes for mimicking prowling
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-10 04:11:47 John Lapsley rolls 6 to prowling (Dex+Expression) (10 Again) 5, 5, 8, 7, 1, 8 2 successes

*Mask

C
    C_Lloyd

"Interesting... interesting? I guess I just don't get the reference. What's it from again? I mean... " Lou blushed a little. "It looks really good on you, but it's not very fear inducing."

But then again, what won'tlook good on her? Lou thought to himself in hindsight. Worried that he may have offended his chilly acquaintance, Lou quickly proceeded to jump on answering her query regarding his own costume.

"Oh, it's the Lich King! Have you ever heard of World of Warcraft? It's a computer game I used to play a long time ago. I don't really play anymore, but it's the only thing I could think of when I had to pick a costume. I never really trick-or-treated as a kid, or did a lot of dressing up. So I decided on something that I enjoyed mostly as an adult."

He couldn't help but notice Anya's entrance into the party. Anya as Maleficent. That's AWESOME! He thought as he grinned at his fellow Draconic. As he turned back to Anya, he also caught sight of a newcomer that was as large as him! He nodded as he made a mental note to himself to greet the new beast when he got the chance.

"It looks like people went all out tonight. This should be fun! I wonder if there's going to be some sort of contest." It would be awesome if I could win it!

Juno walked into the room, the costume she had chosen to wear all but demanding a certain (if somewhat Satanic) regality to her demeanor.

The Manticoress had shaven off her goatee for the evening and had traced elaborate corpsepaint designs of inverted crosses and dark patches around her eyes in professional grade black and white body paint. With her top hat, long black coat, tight leather pants and a turtleneck shirt (accessorized, of course, with a large inverted cross pendant) she was either a diabolical alternate universe version of the Vulgarian Royal Child Catcher by way of Norwegian Black Metal from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" or....wait for it....

Behold the glory that is King Diamond

Raising "his" gold-headed walking stick (because lugging around a mike stand made out of human bones would have been impractical) the "King" traced a Black Blessing over the proceedings.

[Spoiler]Juno has spent 1 Glamour to harden her Mask for the evening[/Spoiler]

K
    Kazakin

After Anya's playful (or at least, he hoped it was) threats at the bar, Rook had been half-convinced that he was going to end up being talking into coming as something completely ridiculous. Visions of some of the horrible Halloween costumes he'd seen had flooded his mind, even if he couldn't quite imagine Anya being tasteless enough to insist on sexy zombie nurse, for example.

When she'd explained what she actually wanted to go as, after several playful threats of toilet paper mummies and making him go in a speedo, Rook had been stunned.

And then extremely impressed.

With a faded, torn brown cloak around his broad shoulders, and his blazing mantle scorching the air around him, Rook actually fit the part he was playing quite well. The skeletal mask, and the horns had been... interesting to get on, and he had forgone his sunglasses. The business with getting the red contact lenses in had been... interesting. He'd managed to destroy three packs before he'd actually gotten a set to sit on his eyes without being shredded.

The fangs felt odd in his mouth. Anya had really gone all out in acquiring the costumes. The fangs had been fiddly, costume things. They fit over his teeth like caps, but he still couldn't get used to the feel of them in his mouth. There was also the slight concern that if he shut his mouth suddenly, he'd smash straight through the delicate enamel finish and end up spitting bits of fake tooth everywhere.

The Red Victor turned slightly to Maleficant, who looked both striking and terrible in a way that tugged at his blazing heart. Only Anya was like that for him, so capable of captivating his attention without trying. Dressed like this, he wondered if she knew that it actually suited her, in a strange sort of way.

Then again, he couldn't imagine her wearing something and not making it suit her. Anya Wyrmblood could have looked cool, enticing and in control if she had been wearing a paper bag.

"I think we are," Rook said, his amiable voice a little awkward around the teeth - but not much. They were a good fit. "The costumes are amazing tonight. People are really putting in the effort."

He thoroughly approved. Tonight was Terri's night, and he wanted everything to go perfectly for her.

The Horned King

K
    Kazakin

"Hm? Oh, I'm not a zombie. I'm a Ghoul. They're from Arabic tradition, they're Djinn that haunt graveyards and live off the flesh of the dead," Danny replied, his eyes still focused on the Emblem as he felt the pleasant encouragement flowing from it through the Freehold. He lipless mouth turned in a slight smile as he glanced sideways.

And down.

Very far down.

Well, she must be new. He'd never noticed anyone in the Freehold who barely came up above his knee before. And no matter what his nerves, he would have noticed. His candelight mantle cast odd patterns across his ghoulish features.

"And it is beautiful. It's my creation. An Emblem for the Changelings here. Ah, and my name is Danny Tongs, I'm Autumn's Provisioner of Bounties. What's your name?"

Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.