Later that same evening John will find a letter addressed personally to him on the notice board at the Avalon. Smelling vaguely of lemon, it's written neatly in careful manuscript handwriting and reads thus:-

Dear Mr Smith,

I wish to meet with you regarding your recent communications to others in the Domain via the Elysian Field.

Yours sincerely,

Miss Martha Villiers Bt, MA (Oxon)
Herald of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento
Acting-Reeve, the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento
Mistress Keeper, the Elysian Fields of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento

Removing the letter from the board the scent of lemon hangs around him as he reads it. After finishing it he lowers the letter and pauses, not quite sure if he had stepped on Kindred toes. He had meet Madam Villiers before. Though he worried that this meeting would be regarding her duties as Reeve rather than Keeper. He calms himself and then looks around the halls of the Avalon Underground "Madam Villiers, are you in?" He understood that being the Keeper was not her only duty, that she was likely else where, but on the off-chance that she was present John would feel foolish to simply walk out.

John didn't have to wait long. There is a reply. Almost playfully peeking her head from around the corner of the corridor towards the office chambers, Martha smiles and hobbles over to greet John. She skips and limps over to greet him with a friendly demeanor.

"Good evening, Mr Smith! I hope all is well! How do you do?" she asks as she offers her hand in greeting, leaning hard on her cane as she does so.

Tiny Martha is dressed, as usual, in her neat black school uniform...winter hat...black blazer...calf length gymslip. She wears no cosmetics, but the scent of freshly squeezed lemons lingers about her. Her C-Leg is visible to mid calf. Her black Mary Janes are neatly polished.

John freezes for a second before realizing it was the Herald. He bowed with his left hand across his waist and his right hand slightly out to the side. "Madam Villiers, good evening to you as well. I am doing fine, Madam, I had simply come to check on my mail and I had noticed that you required my attention." John had rose as he started speaking. As the Keeper offered her hand he gladly shook it though he felt oddly out of place, seems he was not quite fluent in all the formalities of this new Domain and still had some learning to do about what to do when. "I hope all is well with the Domain, and that whatever the issue I will be able to help, Madam Villiers." He was still tense. Though any such feelings were hidden by his still and unblinking exterior, on the inside however his Beast slammed against his spine in hopes to convince him to flee.

Martha gentle shakes his hand and smiles. "Oh...I think all is well enough, thank you. Though I should like you to go on Patrol with Deputy Connery and myself shortly! I just had two things to mention, sir...nothing that earns you rebuke...just by way of advice!" she smiled and gestured for John to join her over by the couch where she and Dillon usually sit. "Please, sir, join me at the couch!"

Tonight the coffee table is empty of paperwork and books.

"Of course, Madam Herald. Thank you." John walks towards the couches and sits, setting his hat on the table. His eyes followed the Madam as she took he seat, John was curious as to what she meant.

With a smile, Martha sits happily. Taking care to use her cane to help herself sit down and the rests it across her lap. There is a moment of a small sigh...as if Martha is pleased to be seated. Carefully she smooths out creases from her long gymslip and watches John for a moment. "Ah! It is good to sit down! I have several questions...first of which is, sir...why do you use the title 'Madam' for me?" her tone is bright and cheery...conversational.

"I thought such was the proper way to address an Official of the Court; such as with the Madam Seneschal Donovan."

"Ah!" she chirps merrily. More in amusement at the misunderstanding than at John. Her cheery hand gestures that accompany her words are intended to convey this too. "Ah...I see, sir! Well...you see, sir, the Madam Seneschal is a member of the Invictus. As such, she is afforded the honorific of 'Madam.' I, however, am not of the Invictus...rather of the Ordo Dracul." a happy smile. "So...I do not qualify for the honorific. You may, therefore, simply call me Herald...or Herald Villiers. However, whilst we are alone...you may adopt the European method of address...once you have used my title in conversation once, as you have done so; please simply call me Miss Villiers!" another welcoming smile.

"Now, sir, I wonder...the envelopes..." she uses her cane to point to the sealed envelopes, then rests her cane across her lap again and smiles to John, "why are they addressed to so many people?" again, her manner remains cheery and sweet.

John nods, understanding the confusion "Of course, Miss Villiers. I do apologize, it has been a long time since I have been the subject of an Invictus domain and it appears I am still working out the specifics." John listened to the Herald's words and as she pointed to the envelops his eyes followed her motion and then he returned to look at her with a polite smile. "There were certain people that I felt that I should meet. They not only intrigue me but after some time could assist be in my goals within the Domain. I felt that I should meet them sooner than later and so I had just extended an invitation to each of them." He motioned with his hands in a casual way. He was now starting to calm down but was still on edge. More out of caution than anything.

With a few happy nods Martha listens and smiles. "It is a splendid idea, sir! But...ohh...you are very naughty!" she begins playfully. Theatrically wagging her finger at John in a not too serious admonishment, "...posting things in the Elysian Field without asking first!" she giggles. The finger wagging doesn't last long and her tone of voice is certainly more amused rather than genuinely angry. Resting her hands back on her cane, she smiles at John. Hoping her approach of gentle instruction was better received than a sterner, more obviously serious, rebuke. "All the same, I am fascinated! I always enjoy hearing how things go...with meetings and such like, I mean, sir!" she adds, with a small nod towards the envelopes.

"I wonder...can I help you with anything in anyway, sir?" she asks John. Clearly sincere and eager to move on to more positive matters.

John took a second of silence while the Herald spoke to see how bad his miss step was. When she addressed him in a teasing manner he smiled with relief that it was not a critical error though one that he would be sure not to repeat. "I apologize, Miss Villiers, and I thank you for being so forgiving in the matter." John tried to convey that such an event would not happen again. Though a thought entered his mind and prompted him to ask a favor of her. "There is actually something I could use help with, Miss Villiers. When conducting these meetings I would prefer to have a place where we could discuss kindred matters if we need such; a place like a meeting room which you have, Miss Villiers. I would need one room for two people and at least one retainer for several meetings." John motioned to the many letters he had posted.

Smiling cheerily, Martha nods her eager understanding; "Of course, sir! Simply let me know when the meetings will take place and I shall arrange for one of the Meeting Rooms to be set aside for you. No one shall disturb you! Will you need the rooms equipped and supplied with anything? Projectors...computational devices?..." One seems clear; she seems always eager to help.

John was grateful for her willingness to help. "I will be sure to inform you as soon as I have word of a time. And no, these meetings are more of a casual meeting between myself and several other kindred in the city. I don't believe we should require anything other than a room where our voices may not be heard by the wrong people. Trying to keep Kindred matters between the Kindred, Miss Villiers." John gave a friendly smile to the Herald. Glad to keep things on a lighter note.

A thought came to John's mind that he believed should be asked sooner than later. "If I may introduce another question. Would those kindred who form a coterie need to inform an official like yourself, Miss Villiers? I have recently entered into an agreement with one other Kindred and thought I should ask before I once again act without informing the Court." John hoped that such would be a minor issue.

Martha smiled and nodded and seemed excited by it all. "A coterie? How exciting! Well, you're right: it is always best to ask first! Informing the Madam Harpy is the usual way of making it known to people." she rubs hard at her false knee as she speaks now. Happily watching John.

John nodded, it was not his intention to make it known to every Kindred in the land, rather those who had to know. Being in the information business taught him that once things are history you may speak of them openly, because no one can change them. But for things that are current if you were not selling the info you were guarding it so it didn't loose it's value. But such a matter was for him and the Harpy to discuss. "I will inform Harpy Brown, thank you, Miss Villiers." John looked at her seeing an opportunity to offer his help as he was fond of doing. "I have asked much of you tonight, Miss Villiers, is there anyway I may assist the Court other than a patrol with yourself and Deputy Connery?" Even if they meet a hundred times over this is a question he will continue to ask, most often it is a no but every now and then he may be allowed into something that he would have never known before.

"What a splendid offer, thank you, sir!" she smiled, rubbed hard at her knee and gave the matter some obvious thought. "Hmm..." she murmured while thinking.

"I am curious, sir...I have an inquisitive nature. In that manner I would be grateful if you could assemble for me a briefing pack on the chief organized crime families in the Sacramento area. I have tried to keep track of such things, but having an expert eye such as yours look over that social terrain would certainly be worth while!" she smiled. "Identifying their key personnel...their ethnic bias...the areas of operations and zones of geographic and territorial control...the types of racketeering and criminality they engage in...any recent major successes against them by the FBI or other law enforcement bodies...their criminal alliances overseas...for example: do they co-operate with the Mexican and South American Narco-Terrorist cartels? If so, in what way? That sort of thing." another smile. "Does that sound sensible and suitable, sir?" she asks happily.

Still with unblinking eyes John listened to the Herald, as she started to talk of the information she would need he reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a small note pad and pen. He scribbled furiously as she spoke of the things that would be needed. As she neared the end his pen hovered over the page, believing that was it John put the pen down on the sheet and looked back at the Herald "Of course, Miss Villiers. I will address these issue immediately." As he holds the pen and paper in his lap the notes are clearly visible. They aren't in English though, perhaps a code or something.

Spotting the Russian writing, Martha nodded happily.

"Splendid! Splendid! Thank you, sir! I am certain you need no help with the project, but, if you wish, please feel free to recruit assistance from those you trust! I leave that to your decision." she added a cheery smile.

John gave a friendly smile as she offered him that privilege. "I will be sure to request help where it is needed, Miss Villiers." John tucked his note pad away and then smiled at the Herald. "If I may be excused, it appears I have a fair amount of paperwork before me." John smiled again. Though he was at the Herald's call, this is also a meeting he hadn't factored into his schedule. The night was slipping by fast and he still had so much to do.

A gentle smile and nod. "Oh, of course! Of course...yes, you may be excused! I look forward to seeing what your researches uncover! Thank you for the talk, sir!" a happy smile and a gentle wave. She seems to be allowing John to leave at his own will.

John stands "Thank you for your time, Miss Villiers, I will be sure to report back as soon as the information becomes available." John gives a small bow and then leaves the Avalon.

End scene.