Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Open All Night

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    D
    Decibelle

Some places are familiar to those who travel a lot; warm, welcoming, while most people would think of them as ordinary places on the lonely road. For Colorado, however, it was McDonald's. God only knew why he loved them so much; he could barely taste the burgers, and, usually, it was a waste of vitae to force the food down your throat. But there was something inherently comforting about seeing the same building, the same burgers, the same poor service no matter where you went. Texas or New York, Memphis or Detroit, hell, even Michigan - they were all the same. Always there for you to pull in by the road, usually not even minding if you parked your car for the day.

It's why he took the exit early, snaking his way down the off-ramp, towards the familiar, golden arches. Even when you're undead, driving for hours makes your mind and body tired. Eventually, you just feel like taking a break. Pretending everything's normal for a few moments. Mickey D's does a wonderful job of doing that. Quietly, he reached out to flick off the stereo as he pulled into the parking lot, looking over at the lit restaurant.
    A group of teenagers were mingling out the front, passing around hand-rolled cigarettes while they leaned on cars and shoved each other, and the one of the late-night staff members was glancing at them while they flipped chairs onto tables, cleaning up the front section of the trash they'd left around. He looked tired, like he just wanted to go home and sleep, not continue working - and not clean up the mess of a bunch of loudmouths. But he didn't comment. Neither did Colorado - though he did park in the far side of the carpark, before glancing over at Fringe.

"Hungry?" He cracked a small grin, before looking at her. "You'd be amazed at how useful these places are for having a chat."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Fringe's eyes rolled under her lashes to stare back at Colorado. For a moment, he would think she was staring at him, but then he figures she is actually looking at the illuminated menu, glowing in the night. She can't be thinking of food, can she?

"Always," the Mekhet answered. She left the word hanging - it could have referred to either point - and scrambled from the car, uncoiling like a taut spring. As she did, her gaze swept the parking lot, her eyes always seeking, ever absorbing. "Whose buying?"

D
    Decibelle

Sometimes, Colorado's perception borders on pre-cognition - he occasionally wonders if that's the result of Auspex, or a knack for understanding people. Either way, however, he still gets Fringe's glance. Not as if he wasn't going to be buying food, either, even if he couldn't eat it. "Great," he grinned, stepping out of the car and stretching his back and arms, glancing over at Fringe as he started to trudge towards the McDonald's, pulling out his wallet.

"I'll buy. One condition, though." When he walked, his gestures were nice, easy, and casual - he even managed to give one of the teens a fist-bump when offered - and continued on his way in. "You have to tell me if those lashes are real or fake."

Leaning on the counter, Colorado casually drums off his order - two Big Macs, a double cheeseburger, large fries, large Coke, chocolate thickshake, two McFlurries, and an apple pie. "What about you?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Oh I don't know about that. A girl has to keep some of her secrets" Fringe replied as she trudged behind, swinging her arms and shoulders as though she were working out muscle tension. She flashed an impish grin that ever so briefly set her face aflame. All too soon the smile was gone and her usual stoney countenance had returned.

Once inside, she spun gently on the balls of her feet - a tight, careful pirouette as she took in the establishment. When Colorado made his order, she skulked up to the counter. "I'll take the same," said she, "But throw in some chicken McNuggets." The smile was there for a moment, then gone. She waited briefly for their massive order to be prepared, grew bored and skittered off to find a table (in a corner, surrounded on two sides by darkness straining at the windows); before she did she cast a longing, hungry look at the food(?) being piled up in their tray.

D
    Decibelle

Colorado smiles, just a little bit, when he notices Fringe display some measure of emotion. So, she did smile, evidently. "Keeping secrets? I'm shocked."

When the food comes, spread over three trays that require a couple of trips to their back table, Colorado wanders over and places it down with a dull thump, quickly picking up his Big Mac and chowing into it without a moment's hesitation. Even when you're dead, you can still savor the familiar grease, the taste, the gristle between your teeth. Even if it reduces it to dull, mechanical observation.
    Doesn't stop Colorado from demolishing it and two cheeseburgers in short order, before finally pausing in his effort at gorging himself to look up at Fringe. "Fuck, this is good." He wiped his mouth with a serviette, swallowing the last remnants of the burgers, and started working on the thickshake. "So, I don't know that much about you. Why Sacramento?"

Time to start digging.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Fringe was an eating machine. In fact, she was more than an eating machine - at some point a living diner has to stop to breathe, at least. Fringe was well on the way to forgetting that important lesson. And so, Colorado had to wait before her bottomless pit had cleared before she could get a word out edgeways.

"Why not? Never thought about it." Her hands caressed her thick shake, drawing it near. "It was Bug Eyes' idea anyway. Not like I had any say, really." She sucked contentedly on the straw. "So what about you?"

D
    Decibelle

Colorado nicks a Chicken McNugget from her side of the table with a grin, swallowing it whole, before speaking. "Had a feeling I was meant to go here. I'm... fairly old, I think." He shrugged his shoulders slightly, as if to make light of it. "I don't remember too much, but there was something about Sacramento and some friends here. So I came."
    The explanation came out fairly easily, though he did pause for a moment, contemplatively beginning to work on a McFlurry, swirling the contents around with a spoon. "Can't find anyone I know here, but. What about you? Is Bug Eyes still here?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Fringe kept on drinking the thick shake, thankful that the drink could be used a shield. It gave her time to think... no, scratch that... think on the subject of Bug Eyes was not a good idea. She did not want to revisit their last confrontation. Suddenly, she became aware of just how long the pause had drawn out to.

"Ah. No. No. He's gone," she added quickly. "Left me behind. Guess in the end, I was just dead weight to him." A sudden laugh bursts from her lips. "Dead weight? Dead... geddit?" She shrinks into her seat as if trying to sink under the table and simultaneously meld with the shadows outside. Her laughter, however brief, was genuine.

D
    Decibelle

"I get it," replies Colorado, smiling back - but there's no laughter at the joke. Instead, he takes another sip from a cup of coke, continuing to work on his pile of food. The topic of conversation was making his appetite wane, somewhat. "Sires can be dicks. And don't even get me started on their politics." He paused, shaking his head. "Doesn't matter. Far as I can tell, covenant and clan politics stays outta this city." He kicked his chair back and yawned, taking another mouthful, before speaking again.

"By the way, your Sire wasn't just a dick. He was a dumb one. You're not dead weight, far as I've seen." The compliment was casual, and he grinned. "Or whatever the reverse is. So, any plans from now?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Fringe finishes the shake, shakes the cup sadly. "I... uh... dunno. Find out if there are other licks in town. I mean, we can't be the only one's right?" She made a shrugging gesture that could have meant nearly anything.

"What about you? I remember you talking up bringing more... people... into Trax that time. Vorrigan didn't seem to buy it, though. You still looking into that, or have you shelved that little... idea?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.