Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Meeting with the Blacksmith

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Oh hun," Terri chuckles, the baking bread swirling through the workshop, "I'm glad for it. Its what I need to focus my mind on the import stuff that this Court requires. That's why I admire Spartan so much. He has taken the Summer Court by the horns and wrestled it into a respected Court. When he first took charge, I will not lie, I wasn't too sure, he seemed so...warlike. However, his actions showed the capable leader he really is. I wish to do that with the Autumn Court and will need my most trusted members to aid me if I falter or seem to flounder."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

"Well, I think I'd rather you didn't wrestle me," Danny said, cocking his head slightly, with a broad smile on his lipless mouth. Every fang showed, bright and pointed. "I had no idea Summer here had been... disrespected before. It seems that a lot of the most respected people in the Freehold are Summer." It was hard to imagine, really. Of course, it was also hard to imagine that Anya Wyrmblood had arrived in the Freehold on the same day he had. She seemed an implacable fixture now.

Of course, in hindsight, Summer's Iron Adjutant did rather have the habit of grabbing the room by the balls when she walked in.

Sometimes literally. That poor thug.

"If Spartan's responsible for the Summer Court's position, and its good relationship with Autumn, then I certainly see why you'd admire him so much," the Smith paused. "I think perhaps it's for a similar reason, that so many of our Courtiers admire you."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"It went through a rough patch, losing two Kings in quick succession. Harry fell to a Loyalist's bullet, Rust Mane to despair and not understanding his duties. The Summer Court was in a terrible state but Spartan had the strength of will to make it respected once again. I'm pretty sure that with Rook and Anya by his side, it only gave him the urge to be greater."

When Danny complimented her, Terri smiled. "Thanks but I have a lot to prove. If not to them, to to myself. I am not the most brilliant in mental acuity unlike HAL or Rick. I will be a challenge for me to understand the more esoteric side of the Leaden Mirror."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

K
    Kazakin

Danny nodded in understanding, his expression thoughtful. He had never really known that Rust was the former Summer King, only that he wasn't in favour for some reason. It hadn't made any difference when he'd gone along with Smudge and Marcus to try and find Rust's shooter.

Trying to help out others meant being okay with wherever they'd come from. Besides, Danny didn't even know where he'd come from. He just had a few timeless, reconstructed flashes, with no names, and barely any faces.

"I can't say I'm brilliant, but I do know a thing or two about the studies of the Fae,"
    the Smith said quietly. "It's part of the archetype, you see, I had to learn." For a moment, his expression was darker as he looked aside, thinking of another place, and another woman.

"If there's anything I can do, Terri, just ask it of me. I suppose that's technically my job now, as Paladin, but I mean it as a friend."

Description

PRE

Terri chuckled as she sipped at the coffee, savouring the taste along her taste buds before swallowing. "Oh, don't worry, Paladin of mine. You'll get quite a few calls, I reckon."

K
    Kazakin

Danny gave a little smile, raising his coffee cup to his mouth. The light of the forge danced through his mantle, and he held up his mug in a quiet salute.

"Well, I'm sure it'll be an excellent test of character," the Wizened replied pleasantly. "After all, we all come to the fire. Sooner or later."

It was part of the magic of the Smith, that they knew the songs of iron, and the wisdom of ages. He would find himself in the fire, and the story he was part of would continue. His archetype could not be denied. He understood that implicitly.

Perhaps, he acknowledged, he even wanted it.

Description

PRE

Terri wasn't so sure about coming to the fire but she understood the sentiment. Everything was a learning experience, and as Terri finished her drink, it was good to know there were still some people in her life she could trust implicitly.

End Scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread