Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Get Rivered

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Perry diCarto

The fiercest of predators chomped at the squirrel's finger... and was confused by the sudden explosion of leaves all around her. Looking left and right, the kitten did what kittens did; leapt into the air and batted at the leaves, a look of gleeful kitty abandon on her face as she tried to assert her predatory mastery over the flying objects that had become Terri Nutkins.

But as the leaves reformed into Terri, the kitty's claws could be heard scratching at the floor as she skittered to a stop. She stared up at Terri for a moment... and bolted with a "MROW!", fleeing to her safe cubby behind the dryer.

Meanwhile... "Of course, Heath," diCarto gave a gun-finger point at Heath, acknowledging his order as he headed for the fridge. "I got Justice at the Humane Society. She was a rescue cat. I know she's going to take some work, but I wasn't about to let her get put down, you know?" He opened the fridge. "Stripes, eh? Thanks, Terri -- I'll have to talk with him. It would be mighty nice to get some..." Don't say Pussy Control... "...kitty training for that one. And failing that..." He looked at the laundry room door for a moment. "We may need the Swilla solution." A chuckle and a smirk. "Sorry she nipped at you."

Going through his fridge, the Lost would find that diCarto had stocked it nicely. "Indeed I do... I've got a nice Sauv Blanc, a Pinot Noir, vodka, rum, bourbon, a little bit of scotch from Christmas last year, a bit of Strongbow, Guinness and a Winter Ale from up in Canada." He looked around the room, as if to offer the choice. He held up one of each of the three beers for Heath to allow him to pick whichever was his favorite.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Heath stared with a bit of amazement as Terri dispersed her form into its raw seasonal embodiment. "Aww, leafing so soon?" he punned as she pulled herself together. It was almost comical that the cat had continued to try to attack the swirling leaves. Maybe it found a new toy in her.

At the offer of booze, Heath managed to pull his attention back to the Shadowsoul. "Oh, definitely the Winter Ale. I've become more acquainted with Canada recently." He smiled, accepting the gift graciously.

S
    Sasha

L’aire couldn’t hide how amazed she was at the sudden flurry of leaves through Perry’s apartment. There was a definite wow face from the Dancer.

The Fairest shook her head. “Hmm, I don’t think I’ve met Stripes yet.” Lifting a graceful hand as she recalled a fellow Winter. “Swilla on the other hand…most certainly.” And L’aire didn’t argue that he’d probably eat Justice…or anything else that pissed him off.

It seemed the Fairest…Lawyer had a soft spot for deserted animals. “I hope she wasn’t beaten or abandoned.” Although from what L’aire had heard about shelters that was probably the case.

Snickering to Heath’s leaf comment she continued to smirk. L’aire did wonder if he was always joking around. However, she presumed it was like her own nature, she couldn’t always be moping around either. Nodding up at there Shadowsouled host, “Actually, I’ll stick with water, please.” Shaking her head, feeling suddenly like a stick in the mud. “Well wait, are any of those sweet tasting?” Giving Perry a pulled smile of apology.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri laughed at Heath's joke as she moved back to the trio, pushing her hair back behind her ear-tufts. "Whatever you think best," Terri said towards Perry in regards to the wine. "I'm not really a wine expert but I feel a change coming on from my usual tipple."

As she looked at the Fairest lawyer, the Dread Queen cocked her head, a small smile touching her face. "My, my, Perry. Is it me or have you developed a slight tendency for Desire?" she joked, speaking of the Mantle she'd never noted before.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Perry diCarto

diCarto snorted at Heath's joke. It was from a growing brewery on the west coast that had a distinct, nice hint of vanilla. "Oh yeah? Found yourself a Canadian girl, did ya, Heath?" He chuckled, giving the jester a wink. He popped the top of Heath's with a church key secured to the side of his countertop, then opened a Winter Ale of his own, tossing the two tops in the garbage can.

L'aire's comment about Justice made him frown slightly for a moment. "Yeah, me too. I understand she was brought in, but her history wasn't well known to the Humane Society." As she placed her drink order, he went for a glass... then paused to reply to her question with a grin. "Absolutely. The white wine's sweet enough, and I can throw together something mixed with juices, if you want." He wasn't a bartender, but putting fruit juice and liquor together was pretty straightforward.

Perry acknowledged Terri's order with a drink and poured her a hearty glass of the Sauv Blanc. He grinned broadly, and his fledgling Mantle flared, the excited whispers growing for a moment as he placed the glass before her. "Indeed... came upon me while I was in the hot tub," he said, laughing at his own joke. "I need to go speak with Mrs. Rosemary shortly, I think."

Becoming Spring had been a growing experience for him. He looked forward to seeing Mrs. Rosemary soon to show her what had happened.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

"Heh, thanks, man," Heath replies, accepting the bottle and taking a swig, savoring the bittersweet flavor. "Ahh, she's a keeper alright. Hey that's great to hear about the Mantle, buddy. I remember the first time I felt mine flourish. It was right after I got offstage for the first time after a show, since...coming back. Once I got the courage to try it again it was like riding a bicycle. I saw Mrs. Rosemary just the other day actually. She sure works hard at that restaurant of hers."

Heath thought he might mention his new position, but he didn't want to steal Perry's thunder. The Mantle, well, it was something that set you apart and at the same time connected you to the aspects it represented. He felt his own growing every day and sometimes he needed it, to wear it like shield of good feelings.

S
    Sasha

For someone who wouldn’t know what the four were speaking of, it may have sounded like Terri pointed out something in the area of Perry’s pants.

….then again when the Shadowsoul mentioned hot tub. Good lord. L’aire pursed her lips avoiding a snicker and nodding to Terri’s assessment. And to avoid talking about her own manifesting.

L’aire presumed the conversation of Canadian girls came from the beer. Since she didn’t really know any northerners, unless it was someone outside of her scope of known individuals. “Well, hopefully she’ll calm down a bit soon, Perry. Maybe she just takes a little longer to get use to things.” Cause the Winter Fairest certainly could sympathize with the kitten.

“I think I’ll just stick with some water for now.” It may have seemed like she wasn’t adventurous, but really, who really cared that much about liquor.

“I wonder if Mrs. Rosemary would let someone observe her cooking or if she’d teach a few basics to someone.” The Dancer pondered aloud.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Oh, nice," Terri said as the glass was passed her way and she took a sip, savouring the taste. When Perry mentioned his Mantle, she froze as a grin spread across her face. "Hold on, did you say hot tub?"

"Oh, I'm sure she wouldn't mind," Terri said, looking to L'aire with a smile. "Mrs. Rosemary has a heart of gold, and would no doubt help out with some cooking tips. Hell, I could do with some now. Its been a while since I cooked anything," she said with a lonely chuckle, glancing into her drink before realising what she was doing and forcing herself to perk back up. "So, poker? Anyone played before?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Perry diCarto

Perry grinned at Heath's story. "That's interesting, man. The different ways these things first appear... well, I guess the world works in Wyrd ways, doesn't it?" A chuckle. He looked in Justice's general direction as L'aire commented on Justice. Taking a swig of his brewski, diCarto replied, "I hope so," with a look of sadness for the poor beast. "She's a beautiful creature, poor thing probably had a rough start of life." As he said it, he turned and produced a bottle of water for L'aire, placing it before her. "Would you care for some ice and a glass for that?"

Terri's slowly growing grin caused Perry to point at his balcony with a wink. "Got it installed back in January. Best thing I've ever bought."

With that, he moved around the counter to take a seat at the felted poker table. "For sure," he said, helping Terri to move the subject along. Such seemed to be her desire; the Dread Queen had lost much of late. Moving on was perfectly natural. "Has anybody not played?"

A brief explanation of the rules and a couple of practice hands could be doable.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

Heath chuckles at Perry's pun and pats him on the back as if to say 'that's the spirit' and then takes a drink on the provided beer. His gaze followed Perry's pointing to the balcony and wondered what the winks and grins were about. Were they suggesting that they might use the hot tub later? Crap, I didn't bring a swimsuit. And I'm way too sober for it to be that kind of party.

In any case he pushed the thought out of his mind. "Oh, I've tried my hand at it," answered the Minstrel to Terri's question. "What're we thinking, five-card, stud, or Texas hold'em?"

Page 3 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread