Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Get Rivered

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last

Perry diCarto

Perry snorted with laughter. "Why, thank you!" he said to the Dancer. He certainly wouldn't want to catch one of them stems upside his dome. "And who said everyone's folding?"

The Shadowsoul gave her some wiggly eyebrows and raised a few chips. "Heath, you keep that up and we're going to have to make a book of cheesy lines, by Heath Moore." Perry laughed.

"Yes, what news? What news indeed?" He drummed his fingers on the table thoughtfully. "Well... did you guys know there was a group of Southern Courtiers to the south of the Hold? Turns out their queen is a girl by the name of Katie. A redhead who's popped through the Four Seasons on more than one occassion, I gather."

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

"Hmm? It's the first I've heard of it," admitted Heath as he listened deftly to the Shadowsoul's story. "A girl named Katie? Is she, or rather, are they friendly? If she's been through here then she must've stumbled on the Freehold." It was always an interesting experience when encountering another Freehold. They each possessed a flavor all their own.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri turned her full attention towards Perry at the news.

"A Fairest, correct? Flowers in her red hair?" the Autumn Queen asked, fully knowing that there were no other Katie's in the Freehold. "She's a Southern Courtier?"

Terri sounded surprised, and slightly concerned, especially with what happened during her visit to San Francisco.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Sasha

“Okay well you didn’t fold.” Wrinkling her nose to Perry.

“Well thank you Heath, you are ever the flatterer.” Grinning nearly bashful like, but didn’t read into it more than joking around.

L’aire was a little perplexed. “Another Queen? Of the Southern flavor?” It was apparent that Terri kinda knew who the Shadowsoul was talking about.

“Well, I haven’t heard much of anything.” Folding her hands around the bottle of water and turning it slowly in it’s place for no reason other than keeping her hands busy. “So what’s the significance of her visit? Why is she around?”

She nearly reiterated what Heath said. Hopefully they were friendly. But since they hadn’t sworn their pledge, that was a bit of a concern. I may not be a gossip but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to hearing it.

Perry diCarto

Perry shrugged. "Katie certainly was friendly when I met her the first night I was in town, and yes, Terri - that's right. A procurer of goods and services, if I remember her self-advertisement properly, and the leader of that group," he said. "They live in the neutral territory to the south of the Freehold... and are dealing with a problem of one of their courtiers having gone rogue and spreading weed grown from the Hedge into the mortal world. Lapsley and I have been working with Harvey on it. Once I know more, I'll issue a proper report on the situation," he promised the Autumn Queen. This was the sort of thing the Monarchs needed to know about.

"For the life of me, I'm not sure why she's around. I'll look into that."

He threw in a couple of chips, challenging L'aire on the river, but he wasn't all that focused on the cards. Court politics were relevant, especially when it came to outsiders.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

"Ah," said Heath with some relief. "Well she doesn't sound too bad. She even performs a valuable service. Can't really help it if there's some troublemakers, though that isn't good if they're attracting attention like that." Hedge weed sounded like a real gardening problem, something that might make a green thumb turn white. "I hope you and your posse pick up on the trail without any trouble, Perry." If it was just one courtier maybe there wouldn't be much trouble, hopefully.

"Who is this Lapsley and Harvey? I don't think I've met them before," asked Heath curiously. The name rang a bell but he couldn't place it. Probably heard it at Court.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri nodded to Perry, glad that he seems to have things under control.

At Heath's question, Terri smiled, ready to provide the information. "John Lapsley is a Darkling, one of my Court, actually. Nice guy. Harvey is Katrin's personal guard, it would seem, always nearby. From what I know of Winter's roles, he is titled the 'Sun Banisher'." With this, Terri looks to L'aire, the only Silent Arrow amongst them, for confirmation.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Sasha

The Fairest was slightly confused. “Wait, how far South are we talking?” L’aire didn’t want to sit and pretend what was going on, but she did want to get some clarification. The Dancer threw back a couple chips to Perry, trying not to feel completely stupid about the topic of conversation.

Turning to the Minstrel a moment when he asked who they were. “John Lapsley is a nice guy. I’ve spoken with him at least once or twice.” Confirming the Truefriend’s sentiment.

Nodding as Terri mentioned Harvey’s title. “Yup, that’s what his role is.” Although being a Winter, she didn’t go any further on the matter. “He seems pretty quiet sometimes.” ...so does most of my court. Occasionally, the Dancer wondered if she stuck out like a sore thumb.

Perry diCarto

Perry flipped his cards over and showed that he had, in fact, been bluffing. He gave a little wink to L'aire, curious if she had much of a hand herself. "Within Greater Sacramento, but south of the Freehold territorial claim. Once the problem is all taken care of, hopefully I can get more information about their Court's location, but it wasn't too far of a drive. Quite nearby, really. The problem, by the way, with the Hedge Weed is that it makes mortals see through the Mask. Very bad stuff." He motioned with his hand a little toward Terri after taking a sip of his drink. "By the way, Terri, John's stuck around with Harvey and I into some dangerous shit when he did not have to. He's done well." The Shadowsoul figured that praise should be public - and John's Monarch ought to know of the good work he had done.

Since you're still in the hand, L'aire, it's Int+Comp-2 to win!

fail on poker!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-12 02:29:50 Perry diCarto rolls 4 to Int+Comp-2 on the hand of poker (10 Again) 5, 1, 2, 5 failure

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

The Minstrel nods to Terri and L'aire as they describe the mentioned men and then back to Perry who's apparent middle name was Danger. "Whoa, dangerous shit? What sort of dangerous shit have you been getting into, Perry?" asked Heath, suddenly wide eyed as if this were something totally out of the blue. The lawyer didn't seem like the type to throw himself into the line of fire.

Seemed like they were great guys and handy in a pinch. Not that Heath could say that of himself, at least of the latter. That Hedge Weed also sounded like a bigger problem than he anticipated. The last thing he wanted was his career being besmirched by an unmasking.

Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Closed Thread