Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 49
DISPLAYED
Quiet Afternoon (Open)

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

PRE

"Jack O. Falley?" Gallows asked, eyebrow raised. He vaguely remembered the man from his first Consilium meeting. He had had no idea that he was dead. "I had no idea. Animus and I are looking into Qadesh, since he was one of our own and showed up in our territory. It would be at our Deacon's discretion, of course, but I imagine we would have no problem sharing any new information as we find it." He grimaced. "In fact, I'll go ahead and warn you to take caution around unfamiliar Hallows. Something nasty had been done to the one at the Bismarck, and it was very unpleasant."

Kite’s eyes narrowed at Gallows when he mentioned tainted Hallows. “Gallows, what happened at Bismarck – did it involve inflicting damage that was resistant to willworked healing?” The slim willworker’s brow creased as he began to think back. “Because… remember Jason? The guy who kidnapped Rosetta? That was something that happened both to me and Rosetta at his house. Remember when I attempted to heal Rosetta’s injuries, but was unable to?...”

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma listened quietly to the Moros' words, then turning his attention to Kite and observing his reaction to what Gallows had said. He frowned his brow at the mention of the tainted Hallows, nodding to no one in particular as if a suspicion he had was just confirmed by this piece of information. "The murder weapon was a blade, made out of tass," he said after they were both done speaking. "But something about it was just...off." The Warlock took another sip from his cup, considering what the Thyrsus had said.

"What happened to this Jason?" he asked, curious as to whether the guy was still out at large or not.

PRE

Gallows's face went stony for a moment at the mention of Jason--he remembered his brain bleeding out of his ears. Then, the moment passed, and he tried to look only appropriately serious rather than angry. "Jason is the man who was behind that spate of kidnappings a few months ago," he said, "But he's dead now. A small group of mages including Kite and myself found his location, and he was killed in the struggle." That had been an extremely unpleasant experience.

"As far as resistant to magical healing..." Gallows frowned. "You'd have to ask Animus about that, he's the one who tried. I know that I was all right afterwards, but Jonathan Cook--he manages the Bismarck--wasn't feeling so great."

For a few moments, Kite just sat there, gazing straight forward, looking a bit depressed.

“Well, this is quite a bit of depressing news to process and digest.” He grimaced wryly as he rubbed his eyes. “At this point, I think I just might go home and curl up on the couch until this mess rolls over…”

After shaking his head in depressed resignation, he turned grimly one more time to the other willworkers present. “Out of curiosity, who is performing the investigations of Qadesh and Jack O’Falley? I’m asking because the Guardians and the Arrows have taken the lead on Rosh… and in a manner that I am not a hundred percent comfortable with…”

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma listened to Gallows' words, nodding as the Moros mentioned that the individual who had kidnapped Rosetta was dead. Good, he thought to himself, but chose not to vocalize that particular sentiment. "I'm glad that matter came to a final resolution," he said to the Thearch instead, figuring it was a much better way of conveying what he felt about the situation. Of course, the fact that this Jason guy was dead meant that the killer was somebody else entirely.

Turning to address Kite, the young Warlock spoke up on the matter of Jack's investigation. "I cannot speak for the matter of Qadesh's death, but as far as the investigation regarding Jack's death goes," he said to the Dreamspeaker in a polite tone. "I am the one leading the investigation, along with Toren...and the assistance of a few other Mystagogues." After all, Jack had been a member of the Alae Draconis, and his dismembered body had been found in the Curator's office.

I'll be damned if I let the Guardians or the Arrow take lead on such an investigation!

OOC: I'm fine with wrapping this one up soon, since its been going on for a while

PRE

"The Ladder is investigating the death of Qadesh, with Animus providing some assistance," said Gallows--rather a diplomatic way to put it considering the current investigation team consisted solely of him and Animus. "If you hear anything, though, please let me know. It sounds like we should all be comparing notes." Gallows stood, looking at the door.

"We've hogged the private room enough, I think," he said. "I suppose I'll see you all later?"

The slim willworker’s frown deepens, and his expression seems to darken in frustration as he listened to his two companions. After shaking his head in dismay for a moment, he turned towards Aenigma. “The reason why I asked is because, to the best of my knowledge, the Guardians and the Arrows did not tell any member of the Free Council about Rosh’s fate. I know for a fact that Cog and I didn’t hear a word of it until it was announced at the Consilium, and neither Samdei nor October mentioned anything about it either.” Kite turned towards Gallows. “Whether inadvertently or deliberately, they hid Rosh’s death from us for… well…” For a moment, Kite’s brow seemed to curl in thought. Then, after a second, he simply bowed his head limply, both in frustration and in shame. “Truth be told, I don’t even know when Rosh died. It could have been hid from us for anywhere between 3 to 6 months before the last Consilium this past August…”

With one swift motion, Kite bent his head backward and downed what remained of his coffee, before tossing the empty cup in the nearby trash receptacle. “In any event, I’ll be sure to let all of you know if I come across any additional information.” As he spoke, Kite got up from the table, put his coat back on, and started to gather his things. He stopped while he was mid-way in putting on his coat though, and turned towards Aenigma. “I forgot… did you give me your contact information?”

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma listened to the Dreamspeaker's words, understanding the man's frustration. After all, he could sympathize with his situation, and the Warlock knew he would be infuriated if he were to be in Kite's shoes. "That is rather frustrating," he said to the Thyrsus, shaking his head slightly. "I'm sorry to hear that things were handled so poorly. It is why this Concilium needs to employ Heralds, to disseminate vital information amongst its members." He exchanged a quick look with Gallows as he said those words, since the Moros had been present at the Cabal meeting and had spoken about some of these necessities as well.

"I think we have occupied this room for long enough," he said in response to the Thearch's words, giving him a quick nod. "We should definitely keep in touch, exchange notes when possible. Whoever is responsible for all these deaths, is an enemy to us all." With those words, Aenigma threw out the empty cup of tea as he gathered the rest of his things. Just as he stood up, the Libertine asked for his contact information. "Oh...here," he said to the man as he pulled out a pair of black business cards that had no name on them, simply a phone number. "Either of you may reach me at that number," he said to the pair, giving them a quick nod.

"Enjoy the rest of your day gentlemen."

End Scene. Thanks to both of you for participating!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread