Ended
Watch

Getting the Elements Ordered

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

As if taunting her attempts to recall the last blue sky she saw, the music echoed around halls and corridors.

Martha was working hard at the piano while waiting for Aileen. In sore need of some happy thoughts, she played and sang a rendition of 'Mr Blue Sky' by ELO.

Samantha was probably around but had yet to interrupt Martha tonight.

Lost in the instrumental finale and enjoying the waterfall of arpeggios; Martha swayed in time. Her long black twin tails bobbing.

( Bigpaw )
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen hadn't really expected to meet the petite Supplicant so quickly after her phone call, but the opportunity was too good to pass. Preparing hastily, she wore only casual clothes when she entered the Chapterhouse.

She knocked, and entered at once even though she should have waited for someone to open. Hopefully, no one would mind too much, since it was at the invitation of Supplicant Villiers. Hearing the sound, the Mekhet recognized the kind of music she had come to expected, and strode toward its source. She paused in the doorway, waiting for the woman to stop her music and acknowledge her before breaking the silence.

Good evening Supplicant Villiers. Thank you for receiving me on such short notice. did the Slave start with a smile.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha looks up from the keyboard as she hears Aileen's voice. Smiling, she blinks in a friendly manner. "Ah! Good evening, Slave McFarlane! How lovely to see you! I do hope you are well! Please...please..." she enthuses, beckoning Aileen closer with a gentle hand gesture, "...do come and join me at the piano!" she gestures to a nearby chair and then sneaks a look to Aileen's legs and shoes before attentively watching Aileen walk.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The closeness to another of her kind was not something Aileen was comfortable with, but the other woman seemed so sweetly innocent that she had but to nudge herself slightly to go and sit by her. Looking at the instrument, she didn't dare touch it, and kept her hands on her knees, then looked at Martha like a schoolgirl to her teacher.

Your music was great, cheerful and lively. did she start.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled. Clearly delighted that Aileen was sitting so close. At this distance it was very possible for Aileen to detect the mixing aromas of freshly squeezed lemon and minty toothpaste that hovered about Martha.

After watching Aileen sit so delicately and praise her playing, Martha became slightly bashful.
    "Oh...thank you, Miss...thank you! Very kind of you to say so!" another bashful smile. "When I first moved to this Domain I sustained myself financially through piano tuition..." she sighs happily. "I enjoyed trying to help a student advance and develop their skills...it also helped me develop my own and also help refine my own modest understandings." Martha smiles. Seeming genuine in her modesty, she watches Aileen with care and gentility. Wondering to herself if this topic might help encourage the timid Kindred to conversation.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The fact that Martha opened herself up about personal informations didn't go unnoticed by Aileen, but it hardly put the Shadow at ease. Would she be expected to do the same ? She knew she would most probably be asked to explain herself at some point, but she didn't feel quite ready yet. To be honest was one thing, but to be open another entirely.

You are way too modest, Supplicant. Even someone like me with no skill could hear that your interpretation was... meaningful. Your students must have enjoyed their time with you. did she dare with a shy smile.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you! You are very kind to say so!" she chirps merrily. Sincere in her thanks. Martha smiles sweetly at Aileen. Folding her hands into her own lap, Martha sits quiet and still for a short time. "I did enjoy teaching! I wonder, though, Miss...you wanted to meet to discuss matters! How can I help you?" she asks eagerly. Clearly excited at the chance to help.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen nodded and smiled at the woman, but tensed slightly as she was asked about more down-to-earth matter. But there was indeed a point to Aileen's visit.

Before focusing on the Coils, I've been trying to hone my mind, at my Sire's behest. I've honed my memory to the point when it's nearly flawless, and will soon completely be. I will soon learn how to use this memory to check for outside tampering with my mind.

You once said that you were learning psychic abiliites too, and I would have liked to see with you whether we could exchange learning tips, or perhaps share studies methodology. Perhaps I could learn from you, if you're learning the same enhancements ?

Her voice was demure, and her fists nearly clenched as she unveiled some of her studies. They had long been a topic broached only with her Sire and mentor, Ashek, and she wasn't exactly comfortable speaking about it with someone else, even if it was customary in the Ordo Dracul.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens and nods gently. Taking care not to alarm the timid Kindred. She cannot hide her enthusiasm though and chirps, "Oh, oh indeed! I should love to help you, Miss!" a happy and sweet smile, "I have made a humble study of the Ars Memorativa, mnemonics and the more modern principles of Memory Palaces! I shall happily share what I know with you, Miss! Studies continue to show mnemonics work to improve learning and the capacity of memory retention! With so much taking place in the modern world, I have found such research and learning to be simply vital to keep up!" Martha smiles happily again as her dainty hands playfully flutter in her good mood. "Are these the sort of studies you wish to explore, Miss?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen nodded in agreement with Supplicant Villiers. I do very much, Supplicant. To be honest, I've worked out on a different approach, based on a constant state of self-imposed hypnosis, but limited to mnemonic purposes. It's been yielding very encouraging results, and this self-discipline also helps with other issues.

What I'm trying to broach now are the advanced uses of this unusual memory. I'm starting to work on it, but perhaps being a more experienced Dragon, you could have pointers to help me, Miss ? did she ask, wondering whether the other woman shared her interest in those more focused studies.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread