Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
THREADID

In the Name of Honour

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    K
    Kazakin

"I know. I'm rectifying mine," Stefan replied, giving her a lighting-quick smile. His eyes focused on the fall for a moment, then he nodded slightly. "I'm not a pup any more, unfortunately." He paused, then glanced at her. "That's why I refused to take Beta from you, Faithkeeper. You've earnt it. I haven't, because of that."

S
    Sally Romanov

"Sometimes I don't agree, when your the only one left..." Sally shook her head, "But that is the past, and we must look forward."

"If you need any assistance with talking to Matthew, please let me know."

K
    Kazakin

Stefan looked at her, and a faint smile twisted his lips, less intense and quick than usual, and perhaps considerably more genuine because of it.

"Faithkeeper, if your heart's still set on this change, challenge me when we're done with this. Let Luna decide what's right for the pack."

He shook his head slightly at her offer.

"I'd be a damn poor Storm Lord if I couldn't speak for myself. I'll be fine, Sal. Either way."

S
    Sally Romanov

"I was not questioning your ability to talk Stefan." Sally says with sincerity, "I was just offering to help." Sally didn't say anything further about the whole Beta issue. She still feels that she should be focusing on other things, but that was not the issue right now.

K
    Kazakin

"I know," Stefan replied quietly, giving her a slight smile. "I just don't need it."

Let no one see, or tend to, your weakness.

Yes, it was weakness to have to lean on a packmate's compassion instead of facing the reality of what he had done. His deeds would be his own. Win or lose.

And if it was lose, he would not let Sally bear his burden.

S
    Sally Romanov

"Very well." Sally says slightly perturbed but understanding, "Do you need anything further love?"

K
    Kazakin

"Just one thing," Stefan said, after a moment, flashing a lightning fast grin. "Promise me that if this all goes to Hell, you'll say something nice at my funeral."

His voice wasn't remotely serious, but that was the Cahalith all over. He knew very well how to mask himself in extravagant gallows humour.

Not that he expected to die - and not that he feared death, either.

Neither of those things were appropriate for a Storm Lord. Fearing death was weak. Courting it was mad.

S
    Sally Romanov

Sally punched Stefan in the arm, "That isn't funny you big jerk." Sally said with not so serious grr. She hugs Stefan.

K
    Kazakin

Stefan's powerful arms locked around Sally, and he gave her a ferocious bear-hug.

Well, they were siblings, after all.

"Sure it is! There wouldn't be enough left of me to have a funeral,"
    he shot back, with a lightning-flash grin, before his expression became vaguely serious. "Thanks, Sal."

Packbonds went deeper than blood, and it wasn't weakness to accept them. He'd learnt that, too.

S
    Sally Romanov

"You're welcome love." Sally says as she enjoys the hug.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.