Ended
Watch

Moving Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Smudge

PRE

"Will do," Smudge replied, following Degnar's dry, monotone voice through the darkness, really wishing he'd brought a flashlight. "Seriously, at this rate, I migh' just set me head on fire, man. How the blazes can ya see in this?"

However, when the screeching of rats became apparent, the Ogre grinned. "Yum."

When they finally arrived, Smudge clambered through the gate after the Darkling.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

"My eyes have gotten used to it?" said the Darkling in response to his friend's question. "I've lived down here for about a decade or so." With those words he lead the one-eyed Ogre through the gate.

Once they were inside the Hollow, the gate behind them closed. "By the way, some of the rats out there are friends of mine," explained the Tunnelgrub to the Blightbent. "We have an agreement of sorts. I do not use them for food, and they help me when I'm in a pinch." He paused for a moment, meeting Smudge's one good eye with his own black beady pearls. "The others are fair game though."

The inside of the Hollow was rather dark as well, but it wasn't as bad as the tunnels. The place was a rather modest room, the walls were particularly rudimentary and there was no furniture visible anywhere. There were a few random trinkets around the place, but most of it was junk of some sort. It was pretty clear that the Archer of the Lonely March lead a rather spartan existence, with not much in the way of material possessions.

"Cozy, isn't it?"

Smudge

PRE

Smudge looked around the hollow, glad that the light was a little better, taking a few paces to get a rough judgement of the dimensions. He looked to Degnar. "Yeah, cozy's one word," Smudge chuckled. "Although, if its alrigh' with yew, I might 'ave to add a room or two. Ya know, for all my crap."

Which was a joke. All of Smudge's possessions were with him.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar nodded at his motley mate's words. "Yeah, I can help you dig up a couple of rooms," said the Tunnelgrub, giving him a little shrug. "Since it was just me down here, I figured I didn't need all that much space."

He took a quick look around the place and then walked over to a pile of junk. The Darkling grabbed a stick of some sort and what looked like an old t-shirt. "Here, can you light that on fire instead of your head?" he asked the Blightbent, using the stick and the shirt to make a rudimentary torch.

this will do
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-03 13:16:23 Degnar rolls 7 to Dex+Survival+1 (pledge) to "makeshit torch" (10 Again) 8, 6, 5, 3, 1, 3, 7 1 success

Smudge

PRE

As Degnar made the torch, Smudge grinned and raised his hand, focusing on the only part of him that held any warmth; the constant furnace that spewed smog from his belly. With enough concentration, his hand sparked before becoming engulfed in flames. He held out his hand to the t-shirt and waited for it to catch fire. Once it had, the Ogre grinned, glad for the light.

AotEF
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-03 14:22:18 Smudge rolls 6 to DEX + Wyrd (10 Again) 3, 1, 9, 6, 6, 9 2 successes

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

As the t-shirt caught fire, the Darkling turned away slightly from the flames. "Cool," he said as the fabric was engulfed by the fire, illuminating the room with its warm light. "I'll place this over here." Degnar walked over to a spot in the wall that a had a hole in it, sticking the makeshift torch into it.

"How's that?" he asked the one-eyed Ogre.

Smudge

PRE

Watching as Degnar placed the torch in its hole on the wall, Smudge nodded his head. "Much betta," he said, getting a better look of the room. It was certainly spartan, alright. "What's the Hedge like 'round here?" he asked the Archer.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

"Dangerous?" said the Darkling in reply, giving the one-eyed Ogre a quick shrug. "Ok, that was meant to be a joke...but it was a bad one." Degnar paused for a moment, considering what Smudge had asked. "I've explored some of the Hedge surrounding this area, but there's no direct way of getting there from here," he explained to his Motley mate. "I figured it was safer to not carve out a door...prevents random hobs from coming in, you know?"

Smudge

PRE

"Well, what if we set up some protection in this motherfugger? Get some mammoth locks and shit?" Smudge suggested, looking around some more like he was some genius architect. He even rapped his knuckles on certain spots of the wall and nodded. "Take out a wall, expand a l'il, maybe even give ourselves a little bomb room, ya know? It'll be awesome."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle in response to the Ogre's excitement. "Better security is definitely not a bad idea," he said in response to Smudge's words, giving his motley mate a nod. "And I guess a little more room down here wouldn't hurt either." The Darkling finished those words with a little shrug before turning his attention to the Hollow itself. "So where should we get started? Any walls looking at you funny?"

Page 2 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread