Ended
Watch

Moving Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 14 of 15 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last

Smudge

PRE

Smudge felt slightly....confused, and glanced back as Degnar stepped from his hiding spot.

He smirked as he turned back to, apparently, BB. "Nah, I ain't along. Got me a friend," the Ogre said, carefully lowering the dead creature where indicated.

S
    Selena

Turning sharply to look back out the door, he saw Degnar begin walking toward. The Wizened’s brow cocked while his forehead rose up. His eyes flicked to Smudge a tick before looking back to the Tunnelgrub. When the Darkling were to arrive, he gestured to them both inward.

“My name is Godric Dvorak, Mr. Dvorak. The B.B. you seek is not a who..." Shaking his finger back and forth before abruptly pointing it upward.
    "...but a what.”
    The guy didn't seem to have an ounce of jolly or anything about him. Godric's ominous demeanor was relatively strong even while he glanced hither and yon.

The lighting was minimal and done by candles. There were only a few lit in the hall leading to the interiors. As far as castles go, this one was all but dusty and dank. The interior may have seemed old, full of brick and antique in some way but sense of falseness. However, it was immaculately clean.

“You have reached the doors of Bandia Benteng. Follow me, please.” Turning down the hall to walk at a calculated pace. If they were to follow the Chataline, Smudge and Degnar would walk past a a staircase half leading upward, the other leading down. In another doorway they walked by, the sound of water could be heard. Not necessarily running water but an occasional lapping up against something.

The room to which they were lead looked dated. “You may be seated, if you care to do so.” Still amazingly tidy and well kept. The lamps may have looked like they were from the mortal world, but tweaked to fit the needs of the little castle. There was still this sense of ‘fakeness’ in the brick and workings of the room. There were no windows, and it was on the main floor. Definitely not the room Smudge saw from the outside.

Taking a seat himself, adjacent to two other seats in the room, the gaunt man sat stick straight and ridged while he asked. Godric’s words were succinct and straight to the point. “You mentioned you found him. How were you led here?” Godric may have not seemed the emotion type, but there was something in his tone that hinted a connection to the creature. Clearly there was no giant sign on the castle toting its name.

Sitting room

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

As they were invited in, Degnar nodded once to the man introducing himself but chose not to speak for the time being. Part of him couldn't help but feel like they were walking into a trap, but perhaps that was just his own paranoia and how connected he was to the ideals of his own season. Once the man turned to lead the two of them further into the castle, the Darkling stepped closer to his Motley mate and whispered to him. "Stay within reach," he said to the Ogre, not offering any further explanation.

Once they got to the other room, the Archer scanned his surroundings as he attempted to find anything that would serve as a potential exit in case things took a turn for the worse. When they were invited to take a seat, Degnar shook his head once. "If you don't mind, I prefer to remain standing," he said to the gaunt Chatelaine with a single nod. As they were asked what had led them to the castle, the Tunnelgrub gave a little shrug. "We followed the trail of blood to this place."

2 suxx to whisper, 1 suxx to look around for potential exits
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-11 09:03:39 Degnar rolls 7 to Wits+Investigation+1 (pledge) to look around for "emergency" exits (10 Again) 8, 4, 1, 2, 7, 4, 7 1 success
    2013-03-11 08:58:34 Degnar rolls 7 to Wits+Subterfuge+1 (Mantle) (10 Again) 4, 4, 3, 7, 10, 2, 2, 9 2 successes

Smudge

PRE

As Smudge walked through, he gave a slight nod to Degnar's whisper and took in what Godric told him. Upon reaching the sitting room, Smudge couldn't help but give a whistle at the grand scale of the place.

I bet this is what Bates' home looks like, he thought with a mental chuckle.

Taking the offer of the seat, the Ogre slouched, quite intentionally. It wasn't often he got the chance to slouch in such comfort. He could get used to it.

"Yeah, like me companion says, we followed the blood. Wasn't hard."

S
    Selena

The Gaunt man’s eyes lingered on the Darkling directly after hearing the whisper. There was a distinct pause in his stature as if he may comment, but then his posture shifted every so slightly as if dismissing the thought. “Very well.” Godric did nothing more than a simple nod to Degnar. Yet he did notice Smudge taking full advantage of the simple amenity of the sofa.

“Tsk tsk… blood.” With a disgusted twinge in his voice. The Wizened rested his elbows on the armchair and steepled his fingers at chest level. “Two weeks ago, the castle was temporarily void of activity with the exception of a few things, including the hedge beast that is now currently dead at our front doors.” Godric’s words seemed to have been chosen carefully which may hve been typical for a Chatalaine.

His eyes averted in the direction the water sound had been coming from then back to the men sitting in the room. “Its company was very much enjoyed here at Bandia Benteng.”

“The blood trail, did it lead to the front door?” Blugy eyes shifted from the Tunnelgrub to the Ogre. They narrowed a little, the type of look that seemed to look into someone. 'Were they the guilty parties of this poor beasts life?'

Other than the place where they all entered, Degnar could see the frame of a door behind a pillar on one of the walls.

5suxx to gauge whisper

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar listened to the Chatelaine's words, his attention focused on the individual in case he suddenly became hostile towards them. "Well, sorry about your loss," he said, his monotone voice making it hard to figure out whether he was being sincere or not. "We found the beast on the other side, and I was able to follow the trail of blood to this castle." With those words, the Darkling gave a little shrug, unsure of what else he could say to the gaunt Wizened. "The tag on the beast said to return it to BB, so we figured that someone with those initials resided within its walls. Turns out the initials were referring to the name of this place..."

Smudge

PRE

Smudge remained quiet as Degnar explained the situation and how they came across the castle. He wasn't going to waste words by copying what the Darkling had said. Instead, he gazed back to Godric, waiting for his reply.

S
    Selena

The gaunt Gravewight’s fingers were still steepled, yet strumming against each other. “Indeed, all the Beast’s that reside here have tags. Much like out there.” Gesturing to indicate out of the Hedge. Beaming at Smudge who had originally dropped off the blue Hedge Beast. “So the two of you… had nothing to do with the death of the pet.” Still being extra cautious regarding proper nouns.

“From the judge of its wounds, would you say it may have been… deliberate?” Godric’s eyes shifting from one to the other again. Then focusing on Degnar pausing to look him over another moment. “You mentioned the trail lead you to the Castle. Specifically where, details are quite important.”

“Were there any others?” Godric casually inquired perhaps not divulging the truth entirely.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

"When we found it, your pet was covered in vermin," said Degnar in response to the Gravewight. "It was alive, but its life was quickly slipping. Also, it was in pain...being devoured alive is no fun, of that I'm certain." The Darkling paused for a moment, letting his words sink in as he looked into the eyes of the gaunt Chatelaine. "I put your beast out of its misery, for I couldn't bare watch it die slowly in such a painful manner." He fell back to silence for a moment after saying those words, ready to defend himself and his Motley mate if their "host" suddenly reacted in a violent manner due to this revelation.

"I cannot speak of its wounds and whether they were deliberate or not," said the Tunnelgrub with a quick shrug. "Like I said, it was covered in vermin when we found it. That said, considering I was able to follow a trail of its blood all the way back here, I'd venture to say that it was wounded somewhere in the vicinity of this castle." Degnar paused once more, turning to Smudge to see if the Ogre had anything else to say or add to what he had already explained.

Smudge

PRE

As Degnar explained how the creature had met its end, Smudge remained quiet and attentive, his eye on Godric, wondering how he would take the information.

Page 14 of 15 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
Closed Thread