Watch

Moving Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 12 of 15 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar studied the castle carefully, searching for entry points and the like. When Smudge asked his question, he turned to face his Motley mate. "I'm sure we can find a way in," said the Darkling in response. "The question is, should we?" After all, neither of them had a clue of who the castle belonged to, or what may lay within its walls. "We could very well be walking into a trap," he said to the Cyclopean, giving him a quick shrug.

Smudge

PRE

"Why don' we jus' knock?" Smudge asked, looking at the obvious entrances before glancing to his companion. "Ya know? Knock, wait, and if some fugger answers, say 'Oh, hey, we found this. Is it yours? If not, can we eat it?' Where's the issue?"

And this is why Smudge rarely made the plans.

S
    Selena

(you can keep going )

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

"Hmm, I guess we could try that," said Degnar in response, wondering if such a strategy would actually work. "The tag did say to return it, right?" Still, the Darkling was slightly concerned about the whole thing. "Ok, why don't we do this? I'll hide nearby while you knock on the door," he said to his Motley mate, getting hold of his bow once more. "That way I can cover you in case something nasty answers your knocking."

Smudge

PRE

"Yeah, no ya talkin', bro," Smudge said, watching as Degnar got his bow ready. "Jus' make sure that if ya see me haulin' ass, aim for the fugger behind me."

With a final glance, the Ogre trudged up towards the main door, dead hob creature over one shoulder, fire axe in the other. Raising his free hand, he banged on the door and waited.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar nodded at Smudge's words before finding himself a spot to hide nearby. Once he had found a good hiding spot, the Darkling remained vigilant of his Motley mate and the front door, his bow held in a tight grip in his left hand.

6 suxx to be sneaky sneaky
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-17 15:26:53 Degnar rolls 11 to Dex+Stealth+3 (Shadowpatch) (9 Again) 9, 5, 4, 10, 6, 9, 2, 8, 2, 9, 8, 2, 6, 3, 6 6 successes

S
    Selena

The knock from Smudge echoed through the pintsized castle. The knock sounded slightly distance like into an empty room but it sounded unlike one would think of a castle. This sounded faint and cheap. Degnar was cleverly hidden not to be spotted by a soul.

At first there was no sounds from within the little castle dwelling, or at least none that could be heard unless one looked and listened.

You may both roll perception. There is still currently nothing that would trigger danger sense yet.
    If Smudge gets at least 1 suxx, he'll notice a faint string that nearly blended into the door frame.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-18 08:04:38 Degnar rolls 8 to Perception (10 Again) 8, 5, 9, 7, 7, 1, 3, 1 2 successes

Smudge

PRE

Smudge waited. He raised his only eyebrow at the sound and was about to knock again, this time with his axe, when he caught sight of the string.

That's odd.

He looks around, trying to follow where the string goes to and why its there at all.

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-19 14:14:23 Smudge rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 1, 6, 5, 8, 1 1 success

Not sure what to roll to investigate the string

S
    Selena

From Degnar’s position he saw a flicker of light from a room on the highest level. There were a few shadows but it was hard to tell if they were moving or not.

Smudge’s discovery of the string may cause him to follow it upward with his one eye. It was attached to a lever mechanism much like an old doorbell. There wasn’t anything sinister about it, it was just some simple mechanics. Much like a non-modern castle may have.

Smudge could roll Int+Invest – PS still nothing to trigger danger sense.
    PSS – if there’s anything you guys ever want to roll that I don’t call for, just roll. I trust you.

Page 12 of 15 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
Closed Thread