Ended
Watch

Moving Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 15 of 15 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    S
    Selena

“Of that you’re certain, hm?” The eye contact piqued the interest of Godric. His own face reflected his interest with an unspoken question of ‘you can relate?’ but some questions were meant to go unanswered. From their steepled position, one hand moved to the side pointing in the air. “Are you also, in fact, certain that there was not someone that may have had the power to heal it? A judgment call to end something’s life is a difficult one to make, isn’t it?” His eyes narrowed slightly looking at the Tunnelgrub. It was difficult to tell how angry he may or may not have been although he was irritated but perhaps not at Degnar.

“So what you are saying is that by chance someone was here and stole him away or that quite possibly it could be a traitor to the castle?” The Gaunt man’s eyes veered toward Smudge even though the question was posed to both.

Flipping his hand in several directions around him. “As I said details are important, and you followed the trail to the castle. Was there any more precise details? Front gate, the side by the turret or the side by the water?” His thin hand gesturing behind him. “Perhaps in the back by the courtyard? The castle was vacant earlier today…”

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar gave the man a shrug, slightly irritated by his tone, but not really showing it. "When we found it, there was no one that was capable of such. It was suffering, and was bleeding to death," he said in response, using his monotone voice as usual. Part of him just wanted to say, perhaps you should keep a closer eye on your pets...you moron! However, that wasn't really the Darkling's style, and such an outburst of emotion was the sort of thing that really didn't agree with the Ice Law after all.

"The trail led to the pond," he said in response to the Chatelaine's other question. "Its hard to follow a trail of blood in the water...but considering this castle is right next to the pond, I figured the beast had come from here." Degnar paused as he gave the Gravewight another shrug. "That's as much detail as I can give you."

Smudge

PRE

Smudge's lone eyebrow frowned as he stared at the Wizened and glanced towards Degnar before turning his attention back to Godric.

"Hold fire. Are you trying to accuse us of something?" the Ogre asked, his tone slightly confused and definitely defensive. "We found your pet near death and being feasted upon by rats. I think we did it a mercy, bud."

S
    Selena

“I see. What a tragic demise.” The Gravewight spoke as he breathed in deeply, still immensely irritated at the situation on the surface. Internally, he was furious but that would not help matters now.

The Chatelaine’s eyes quickly moved as his head followed and looked at Smudge directly. “If you were in my position right now, would you not wonder yourself, hm?” His head tipped downward as his eyes remained fixed on the Cyclopean. “Accuse you of such crimes, no. I do thank you both for at least taking the time to return him to the castle. Such an elegant creature did not deserve a fate like that.” His gratitude sincere to the both of them.

Standing from his chair and palming toward Degnar an appreciative nod came as words followed. “That is in fact a great deal of assistance. Since you both made the trek here and a great accomplishment of following the trail thus far, perhaps you are willing to assist me further?” Posing the question to both of them. “If either of you would like something to eat, at least a repayment for your kindness thus far, we can stop through the kitchen before we venture further into the castle.” There was no sign of trickery from the Chatelaine and no sense of a catch to his offer as it stood. Godric may have seemed like a hardened man, but there was an inkling that he may be quite generous.

Page 15 of 15 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
Closed Thread