Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Caffč Anonimo (Private)

S
    Sasha

It was the day that the Dancer and the Mystery man agreed upon to meet at the coffee shop across the street from the Four Seasons. L’aire wasn’t trying to ‘pick him up’ or anything, no need to dress up, no need to look amazing. The Fairest generally saved that for Coronations and John. So today, it was a wide collared fashionable v-necked blouse with longer sleeves and fairly fashionable and black slacks with flat shoes, simple and maybe boring.

The Winter enjoyed coffee, year round it seemed. Even more so in the last couple of years. Maybe it had something to do with her Court, or that she was growing a little older and appreciated the brew more than she did early on. As she walked in, the Dancer first looked nonchalantly for any men sitting at tables and if there was something particular on it. It may have been stupid, and whomever she was dancing with at the time probably thought so too, but still she looked for the feather from her masque.

L’aire went to the front where most would place their order, but she stood back a bit surveying the selection. “Uh, I’ll need a few moments, thank you though.” With a smile as she answered the barista who asked for an order. Picking a seat off to the side and away from some of the rest of the small shop, the Dancer sat poised as usual and pulled out a catalogue. She thought at least bringing something to do in case mystery man stood her up was a good idea. The catalogue was dance wear and costumes from where Studio One ordered. L’aire was facing the door and easily seen from the entry, and another feather from her masque was used as the bookmark for the catalogue.

The day agreed upon at the Winter Masquerade

L'aire today

ooc

Having agreed to meet the woman he had danced with during the Winter Formal at the coffee shop across from the Four Seasons, the Sun Banisher got ready to walk across the street. However, he had taken the necessary precautions before doing so. After all, he actually had no idea of who he was to be meeting, and it could be a trap as far as he was concerned. Thus, Harvey hardened his Mask with a little glamour and employed some of his fae magics to make his face look different from what it usually did. He looked younger, perhaps even a bit more handsome, but that was besides the point. The disguise was meant to protect him, in case someone was trying to set him up.

As he walked into the establishment, he kept his hands inside his pockets, one of which contained the feather from the woman's mask. The Shadowsoul looked around the place, surveying the patrons who were getting their caffeine fix for the day, or the hour. He wasn't sure of who he was looking for, except for the fact that it was an attractive woman. The fact that she was a good dancer was not of much help to him when searching for her in a coffee shop, until he spotted a familiar face amongst the crowd.

Could it be? he mused to himself, wondering if L'aire had been the woman in black at the formal. It would explain her elegance in the dance floor. Not recognizing anyone else in the establishment, or spotting any other Lost present, Harvey figured that he was either meeting with the Dancer or that the woman he was supposed to meet had not shown up at all. Or, she could be doing the same thing I'm doing, he thought to himself, which caused him to let out a soft chuckle. Well, there is one way to find out...

Harvey began to walk towards her, at which point he spotted the feather the Winter Fairest was using as a bookmark. So it is her! A smirk formed across his lips, as he felt a little more at ease now that he was certain that he wasn't walking into a trap. Regardless, he figured he could have a little fun messing with the violet-eyed Dancer. "Excuse me ma'am," he said to L'aire as he finally reached her spot. "I couldn't help but notice your bookmark, and I was thinking that perhaps this belongs to you as well." As he said those words, the Sun Banisher pulled out the black feather from his pocket, holding it up for the Fairest to see.

"Mind if I take a seat?" he asked politely, gesturing to the chair across from her. "You know what they say; birds of a feather..." he let his words trail off, letting out a soft laugh before offering her a friendly smile.

4 suxx to look like someone else, 5 suxx to not sound like himself
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-03 11:28:33 Harvey rolls 9 to Not sound like himself...lol (10 Again) 8, 9, 8, 8, 7, 9, 6, 6, 7 5 successes
    2013-04-02 10:26:34 Harvey rolls 8 to Skinmask (10 Again) 10, 3, 3, 1, 8, 8, 7, 10, 3, 2 4 successes

-1 Glamour to harden Mask, -1 Glamour for Skinmask

what he looks like today

S
    Sasha

L’aire had been glancing up from time to time from the catalogue. Waiting never bothered her, as she a very patient person. Maybe it was a tome of Winter, or years of learning and teaching dance. The Fairest saw some guy looking her direction for a moment, and heard someone faintly chuckle to which she glanced around and eyed a thin page again.

Oh, wait he’s walking this way. Her unmistakable violet eyes glanced to him and then to the catalogue. Okay, the guy is coming this way….anddddddd I don’t recognize him at all. Shit.

Looking up when the bearded man arrived at the table, L’aire let the catalogue fall face open on the table. Then as the guy continued the Dancer saw the feather. “Oh, why yes it does.” The Dancer chuckled with a sweetened smirk on her lips.

There was a distinct look in her eyes, one that was trying to piece together who this guy was. It was clear he was the one she danced with, given the feather. The violet-eyed Fairest couldn’t pinpoint who he was. There had been plenty of new people around the Freehold lately, and even though she hadn’t spoke to all of them it was easy to spot them at gatherings. Except this guy.

There was a slight breath taken in a little harder than the others as she recalled what Katrin had said. The guy didn’t seem very striking but the Winter Queen said he went by many guises. Fuck what if I danced with the Baron guy and this is him. Thankfully L’aire’s cell phone was between her legs and Perry’s number was the first on speed dial.

Even so, the Dancer had a friendly smile on her face as she palmed to the seat across from her. “Oh yeah, go ahead.”

Maybe her thoughts had been masked as she looked at the bearded man with a bit of a puzzle on her face. “Uh, I’m bad at these. Stick together; is the other half of that, I think?” Laughing softly having no idea if she said that right. One of the Fairest's hands went to lay softly on her lap, right over her cell phone.

The man took the seat as he offered her a smile. "Flock together," he said in response to her words, letting out a soft chuckle. As he looked at the Dancer, the Sun Banisher entertained the thought of how long he could keep this up. He didn't want to completely freak her out, that was Autumn's thing after all. However, messing with her a little was at least entertaining, and it also allowed him to learn how the Winter Fairest would react in these sorts of situations.

"How have you been Sasha?" asked the Shadowsoul, leaning back slightly on his chair.

S
    Sasha

L’aire’s lips pulled back into a smile as she bit down on her bottom lip. “Ah, yeah that’s the phrase. I only ever get pieces of those, and obviously not always exactly.”

The Dancer’s smile didn’t move but it may have changed subtly as mystery man said her name. If anything, her eyes gave away how perplexed she was by a double blink. Please don’t be that Fairweather guy.

L’aire’s head turned slightly to the side as her lip curled in wonder. “I’ve been fairly well. As much as I thought spring and summer would be quieter at work I was entirely wrong. But I do enjoy it so, I could hardly call it work.” Chuckling a little and managing to be obscure in the details just in case whoever mystery guy may be wasn’t someone she wanted following her, or stalking her for that matter.

The Winter Fairest peered at his face, albeit a bit harder than earlier. She still didn’t know who the hell it could be. “I’m afraid you have one up on me here.” Her free hand gestured to him and rested on the table, while the other was still in her lap… over the phone.

The man nodded at her words, listening closely as the Dancer spoke of her work. "Well, I'd imagine summer would probably be rather busy," he said in response to her words. "With kids being out of school and what not, their parents are probably looking for ways of keeping them busy. Dance classes do just that, don't they?" Harvey offered her a quick wink after saying those words, letting out a soft chuckle at the whole thing.

He was fully aware that with her being a Lost, and one of the Winter Court, she was likely freaking out on the inside. Sure, it was fun to mess with the violet-eyed Fairest, but the Sun Banisher wasn't a cruel man either. "That I do, don't I?" he said in response to L'aire's comment, a smirk touching the corner of his lips. The Shadowsoul figured that he should at least reveal something that would make her feel a little more at ease, without giving up the whole ruse all at once.

Harvey stuck a hand into one of his pockets, calling upon one of his Contracts as he did. When he pulled his hand back out, he held a close fist out towards the Dancer. "Perhaps this will give you a clue," he said to her, his smirk growing a little wider. He turned his hand over and opened it, revealing a small onyx stone laying on his palm.

3 suxx to conjure stone
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-15 10:07:16 Harvey rolls 9 to Discreet Conjuration (10 Again) 4, 6, 3, 8, 8, 4, 9, 2, 5 3 successes

S
    Sasha

“Well it was only since last year that I got into this type or circus… I mean circuit.” The Dancer quickly corrected herself. Some habits were a bit hard to break. Palming her hand toward the mystery guy. “And you’re absolutely right. It does keep them busy and out of trouble, especially in the beginning. Unfortunate that boys are still teased about it. It’d be nice to have more. Shame may of them don’t get that it helps with coordination in sports too.” L’aire shook her head, feeling her words start to ramble. Dancing was the one thing her Keeper couldn’t take from her after everything else that had happened. So her passion for it slipped out from time to time. “Sorry, I tend to go on about that often.” Chuckling herself.

Her eyes couldn’t help but study the guy across from her. Watching for signs of familiarity or danger. The smirk didn’t look that familiar too her either. But L’aire felt it was the same guy she danced with that night. It wasn’t until he produced the onyx stone that partial relief washed through her eyes. Mentally trying to remember all of what Katrin said, L’aire did recall that the Onyx Queen didn’t say that Fairweather belonged to any court. So that was an immense relief. Except that the Fairest still couldn’t narrow it down. “Well, that at least narrows things to about a quarter.” With a wink from her violet eye. At this point it could be her former roommate. “While I’m not the best with guessing games, I do like them.” So long as my life isn’t on the line. With an easy grin that was just a little more relaxed than before.

Closed Thread